And it is freezing up my BB. I'm using Opera to post this w/o problems but I had to do a battery pull after every attempt to use BB browser. This is the first time this has ever happened. I installed Viigo and Flycast last night but uninstalled them both this am in the applications on the phone thinking it was them. It is only the BB browser doing this!
    Thanks again for helping this damsel in distress!
    MrsStraty
    02-25-09 10:05 AM
    It is definitely slower than opera but it should freeze up the bb unless u r loading a contents heavy page
    I had that happen a few times
    Does it happen for all pages or just a specific few sites?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 10:09 AM
    Seems to happen with crackberry pages but this never happened before. Let me try another site.
    02-25-09 10:12 AM
    Mine hung once on the cb web version
    It is pretty contents heavy, lots of images
    Try a "lighter" page and see if it still messes up your bb

02-25-09 10:15 AM
    Seems to happen with crackberry pages but this never happened before. Let me try another site.

Crackberry has had some issues lately with freezing up and timing out. I have used Opera several times and it is a little better. But it may be how you are viewing CB within your BB browser. Are you viewing CB in the WAP format or the IE/Firefox format?

02-25-09 10:15 AM
    Umm not sure how I'm viewing it. How do I check it and what should the settings be for faster viewing of web pages using BB browser. Also I went to other sites with BB browser and browsed fine. I'm scared to go to crackberry with it now! Froze me all up.
    02-25-09 10:19 AM
    Are you using the Facebook application by chance?
    02-25-09 10:26 AM
    Yes I am. Love facebook. Its always running. Could that be it?
    And the only reason why I prefer not to use Opera browser is beacuse u have to close it in order to run anything else. With BB browser u can switch apps. Unless is there a way to do this with Opera too. Gonna close facebook app now.
    02-25-09 10:31 AM
    The fb app chews up plenty of memory..
    Try logging off fb and clear the fb cache

02-25-09 10:33 AM
    Yes, i am confident enough to say that it is. Facebook is the devil on BlackBerries right now. V1.2 is so full of bugs, wait for v1.5 to be released soon. In the mean time delete the FB application and bookmark the site in your browser to access your wall from there...
    02-25-09 10:35 AM
    How do u clear the fb cache?
    02-25-09 10:41 AM
    Open browser >Hit menu >Options >Cache Operations. Clear History...
    02-25-09 10:43 AM
    my bb freezes all the time then the red light of death as i like to call it comes on and my bb restarts. web browsing is a pain on this thing hopefully they can patch it to work as fast and nice as the iphone.
    02-25-09 10:55 AM
    In the FB itself, press the menu button, click Options
    The option to clear cache is there

02-25-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD