First off let me say I'm not a troll, I am just wanting to hear your views and reasons for staying with Blackberry (RIM).

Its been two years since I got into tech when I got my first SMARTPHONE. A BB 9105 (I know not the best but got me started) unfortunately I decided to crush that phone in my car door (not my best day ever) so was forced 2 buy a new phone. That's when I got my 9300 which is still going strong. Again not a top level phone but all I could afford at the time.
    I am also the proud owner of a 16gb Playbook which I love and my misses thinks gets more attention than her, lol.

Anyway my love (addiction) started when I found Crackberry, I'm here everyday reading and have learnt so much (thanks to all you guys).

whilst I love BB as a whole and find it useful in my everyday life for entertainment and keeping in contact with my friends etc, I do get frustrated with the downsides of my chosen platform. My biggest gripe is the app situation. I see apps for both android and ios for all kinds of things I know I would use or like but there is never any support for us BB fans, such as Sky Go (uk) a good cross platform video chat etc etc . I know BB10 is due sometime in 2013 and from what I have seen it will be both fresh and amazing and hopefully will have a good start with the apps being developed now.

Due to my new found interest in all things tech I have started reading other sites such as imore etc, this has got me looking at the competition and feeling torn between stayin with RIM and going for the first BB10 phone next year.

My problem is we all know from past experiences that RIM are not the most shall we say punctual with delivering on promises. And as my contract is due in a month thus leaving me out of contract around the time for... dare I say it the iphone 5 or maybe the SGS3 that is everywhere at the minute .

I don't know why but feel like this but I feel I should be loyal to BB, but at the end of the day its missing my needs/wants so should I move to what I think is pastures greener and hope I don't regret it or should I wait and hope?

Patients is not strong point for me lol.

HELP ME and share ur thoughts.

ps sorry about my grammar and a very long post
    08-14-12 01:59 PM
    At the end of the day its your money u should get a device that suits your needs.....for me it started with blackberry for my business and my personal life,and its gonna always gonna be bb.......BLACKBERRY WORKS FOR ME.........I DODNT CARE WHAT PEOPLE AND THE SO CALLED EXPERTS TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD HAVE......I HAVE BB BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO....
    08-14-12 02:18 PM
    I came from an iPhone 4. After buying a good bunch of apps, a few weeks later I was bored of them... Gee go figure. Moved on and bought a Bold 9900 HSPA+ and a 32 GB Playbook, together they both cost less than the cheapest iPad. I can take myself ANYWHERE i have signal, and simply bluetooth tether my Playbook and Phone. It becomes a larger screen for me, and extention of the awesome little 9900. I have a little "laptop" setup everywhere I go. The keyboard on my phone via remote control is awesome, and I can navigate navigate the playbook via touchscreen or by track pad, which feels very much like using a laptop touchpad. I can go to a field, the beach, walk through the city and stay connected almost as if I had a 4GLTE Playbook, but I only pay 1 data plan and share it across my two devices.

At the end of the day, RIM/BlackBerry as a company is out to sell you a SERVICE where as everyone else seems to be out to sell me a media consumption device. I grin at the fact that come 2013, I'm going to get a massive update that will make my tablet even greater than it already is. While everyone who bought into Apple's iPad 1 are stuck and won't be upgraded to iOS 6. Simple as that. Apple is a computer company first and they invalidate their hardware via software to force you to upgrade to get the latest features.

I have an iTouch 4th Gen for apps, but I hardly use it. Especially since the Playbook has new ones everyday, especially games (which I find to be more enjoyable on the larger 7inch form factor anyway,) it's fun and portable, but also functional.

I mainly use the iTouch for instagram but it's just another thing I carry in my pocket. When BB10 comes out I'll probably sell it and put the money toward the new phones.

BlackBerry allllll the way. Android was just a clusterF*ck trying to emulate iOS imo, although I have an android device too.
    08-14-12 02:28 PM
    At the end of the day its your money u should get a device that suits your needs.....for me it started with blackberry for my business and my personal life,and its gonna always gonna be bb.......BLACKBERRY WORKS FOR ME.........I DODNT CARE WHAT PEOPLE AND THE SO CALLED EXPERTS TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD HAVE......I HAVE BB BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO....
    Your caps lock key and space bar are broken...but your point is valid. Buy what works for you.
    carullo likes this.
    08-14-12 02:43 PM
    No one here is gonna convince you to stay with BlackBerry & not get an iPhone. At the end of the day it's your money and your decision. Good luck!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    08-14-12 02:55 PM
    Hi gooner26:

If I understand your dilemma correctly, you are missing some of the apps that are found elsewhere. I've found that I can satisfy any app cravings with my iPod Touch 4G. Just get a BB7 device (a new Curve should cost you next to nothing to upgrade), and with the iTouch 4G you can connect via WiFi hot-spot (if you really need to), and have all your iOS apps with you too. I've seen a number of folks around here (including myself) that use this model and find it quite satisfactory.
    Cheers,
    08-14-12 03:04 PM
    Buy what fits your needs, not what others tell you too. Complicated it seems, for some folks.
    OniBerry likes this.
    08-14-12 03:37 PM
    Buy what fits your needs, not what others tell you too. Complicated it seems, for some folks.
    Judging from the amount we (cb) get's asked that particular one, complicated for most.

Hey, if everyone knew everything about their mobiles, there wouldn't be a need for crack-Berry!!

OP: Doesn't matter to us what you use (you're using it after all), just be ready to 'Go with the Flow' when BB10 comes out!!
    Last edited by Oniberry; 08-14-12 at 03:53 PM.
    08-14-12 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD