If BlackBerry has a distributor in Russia, the simple answer may be they want you to buy a phone with a Russian keyboard from the Russian distributor, rather than import cheaper english version phones.
    you do realize that RUSSIA is like thousand + miles away and there is no logic to use russian phone?
    Kinda stupid proposal dude...
    09-11-14 05:54 PM
    As a russian speaking person, using a QUERTZ BlackBerry phone, I absolutely understand the request discussed in this topic. However, I do not see a necessity in adding this feature to the input library. I've got used to writing in russian without having russian letters printed on the keyboard in less than one week. Can someone provide me a feasible rationale why translit input is so of importance?

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    09-11-14 06:32 PM
    So If BlackBerry doesn't wont Bulgaria without BlackBerry, the hit their target, Congratulations BlackBerry, Congratulations John Chen you are very very big businessman, I'll give my money for iPhone they support my language

Posted via CB10
    09-12-14 02:08 PM
    Hello everyone,

I also just wanted to agree with all of you guys. I love my BlackBerry, but the lack of my native language (Latvian) is extremely annoying, especially when you need to write a business related emails. This is one if the reasons why BlackBerry is loosing it's customers and why people are switching to iOS or Android because they support more languages.

Please do something about it.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    09-16-14 02:41 PM
    Try to contact some higher up BlackBerry staff on Twitter instead of complaining on a quickly buried forum thread. Doubt they're even aware of the problem you guys face, hence the seemingly low or non-existent priority of this issue.

Could it be they naively assume transliteration is only useful for Russia, while BlackBerry 10 phones are not being officially distributed in Russia?
    09-16-14 03:06 PM
    I can't seem to find Scouse?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 04:24 PM
    Try to contact some higher up BlackBerry staff on Twitter instead of complaining on a quickly buried forum thread. Doubt they're even aware of the problem you guys face, hence the seemingly low or non-existent priority of this issue.
    This sounds as a valid point! I will go even further and advice writing to Michael Clewley on Twitter! However, I seriously wonder how much will an icanmakeitbetter entry achieve. It got quite popular already, both in terms of likes and comments.

09-16-14 05:37 PM
    However , nobody from BlackBerry Company don't want to resolve this problem
    09-21-14 09:00 AM
    You guys think this sort of thing can be done in 5 seconds? Its going to take some time. BlackBerry isn't ignoring you.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-21-14 09:50 AM
    I've read somewhere that there will be Russian transliteration in 10.3. Anyone tried that leak on q10 or q5?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 11:16 AM
    Hello everyone,

I also just wanted to agree with all of you guys. I love my BlackBerry, but the lack of my native language (Latvian) is extremely annoying, especially when you need to write a business related emails. This is one if the reasons why BlackBerry is loosing it's customers and why people are switching to iOS or Android because they support more languages.

Please do something about it.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    It is in the pipeline

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 03:07 PM
    This sounds as a valid point! I will go even further and advice writing to Michael Clewley on Twitter! However, I seriously wonder how much will an icanmakeitbetter entry achieve. It got quite popular already, both in terms of likes and comments.

Had few tweets with him and he informed that it is in the pipeline

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 03:08 PM
    However , nobody from BlackBerry Company don't want to resolve this problem
    They are working on it

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 03:08 PM
    It's more than a year since they launched Q10. They already getting ready to launch Classic. My thought is that if they would work on it then problem would be already resolved.
    Does it take 1,5 years to write translit??? Bullsh..t.
    Countries using Russian alphabet + Russian language widely spread: Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine, Belorussia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan. Overall population is somewhere about 300,000,000 people.
    Does it worth making translit for them? Sure it is.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 03:57 PM
    It's more than a year since they launched Q10. They already getting ready to launch Classic. My thought is that if they would work on it then problem would be already resolved.
    Countries using Russian alphabet + Russian language widely spread: Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine, Belorussia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan. Overall population is somewhere about 300,000,000 people.

Posted via CB10
    Well, if they really work on it or at least have it on their to-do list as yessuz assures it might just not have the highest priority as other things do and that is the reason why it takes them that long. If they really consider things seriously and listen to feedback I would instead of blaming BlackBerry on the forum navigate to the icanmakeitbetter community and vote+comment for the introduction of the transliteration feature. I was able to identify three different entries (ONE, TWO, THREE) on icanmakeitbetter which request the same thing. It makes totally sense that they do not care about little, unpopular requests if just a few people complain about it every now and then. So everyone who is eager in getting this feature implemented go and vote for it, let BlackBerry know that there is something major missing what a lot of people are concerned about!
    09-21-14 04:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    And what % of those are using BlackBerry devices? 2%, 3%? I do agree having absolutely every language is an absolute must, I even think Latin needs to be implemented, that and Klingon.
    09-21-14 06:10 PM
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1016
    Why anyone don't answer me why BlackBerry DON'T SUPPORT RUSSIAN TRANSLIT.-img_20141102_154442.png
    11-02-14 09:49 AM
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1016
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141102_154442.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	311541
    This is a great piece of news for everyone who requested this feature! I wonder what acted as a catalyst so that BlackBerry decided in favor of reintroducing the transliteration feature in the OS version 10.3.? If it is due to a number of requests through the icanmakeitbetter community then it is really worth posting and voting there!
    11-08-14 08:57 AM
43 12