Sounds like a local error to me:

If you performed factory resets, are you restoring or starting from scratch?

At what point do you notice there's a change in your DNS settings?

How are the changes being detected?

How are you setting them correctly?
    When my browsers are redirected ,is when I detect the changes. Yes I'm setting it back to the original addresses. Tonight I reset the DNS setting I will monitor and.post.when next.theres a change.

The factory reset is done without back up, which really is a pain to reset everything to where it was previously.

Android BlackBerry
    12-05-16 10:07 PM
    try this, reset your device and DONT connect to your home wifi.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    12-05-16 10:09 PM
    That's my guess. The malware is on the router and it's doing the redirects. But what do I know....
    12-05-16 11:19 PM
    Ah yes seems like in the other thread a BlackBerry Classic always redirect to ad when browsing turn out his router was infected by malware
    12-05-16 11:25 PM
    Check your router's DNS settings; try setting it to Google DNS/some other provider than what it is now, then see if things still get redirected.
    12-05-16 11:47 PM
    When my browsers are redirected ,is when I detect the changes. Yes I'm setting it back to the original addresses. Tonight I reset the DNS setting I will monitor and.post.when next.theres a change.

The factory reset is done without back up, which really is a pain to reset everything to where it was previously.

Android BlackBerry
    That makes this is a browser-specific redirect issue affecting your Android devices, and points directly at your router being the culprit. The odds of it being caused by an app from the Google Play Store, particularly Avast AV, are extremely low.
    12-06-16 12:07 AM
    That's just ONE example and yes the word is riddled.

Android BlackBerry
    Would you trust Google Play more if it just had S4BB and Nemory Studios making apps there?

In case anyone forgot who S4BB was:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2423414,00.asp
    12-06-16 01:05 AM
    Sorry but it has happened time and time again Downloading ONLY Google play. I have no need for third party sites. I have flagged the apps in question to Google but they are still in the store.

Android BlackBerry
    I dont know which apps you are talking about since this sort of thing has never happened to any of my Android devices!
    I download apps within play store as well as outside the Play store and have never had an issue

Either you are extremely unlucky, extremely careless in what checks you carry out to verify an app, or plain and simply lying.

Which app in the play store have you reported?
    12-06-16 10:39 AM
    I dont know which apps you are talking about since this sort of thing has never happened to any of my Android devices!
    I download apps within play store as well as outside the Play store and have never had an issue

Either you are extremely unlucky, extremely careless in what checks you carry out to verify an app, or plain and simply lying.

Which app in the play store have you reported?
    IT MUST be the latter? No???.......SAD.....

Android BlackBerry
    12-06-16 07:50 PM

Android BlackBerry
    People are trying to give you sound advice.
    It may be your router which would explain everything.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    12-06-16 08:05 PM
    So is it your router?
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-06-16 08:07 PM

Android BlackBerry
    It was your router, wasn't it.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-06-16 08:16 PM
    Lol, tell him one more time guys. Your router???
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-07-16 11:41 PM
    Not sure if I'm hearing crickets or sad trombone music in the background.
    12-08-16 05:45 AM
    Dunno where you're getting your information from. Google's Verify Apps doesn't just scan for AV signatures. It also scans for behavior, and actually has an advantage over 3rd party AV apps because Verify Apps has system level access whereas 3rd party AV apps do not (because like all 3rd party apps, they're run in a sandboxed environment). 3rd party AV apps can scan code for signatures and look for potentially harmful behavior, but what they can't do is scan system level processes as Verify Apps can. As a result, Verify Apps has an advantage over 3rd party AV in its heuristic capabilities.
    Thank you!
    I think some people are simply looking to clutch at any straw to justify not accepting Android.
    12-08-16 01:05 PM
    Not sure if I'm hearing crickets or sad trombone music in the background.
    This was truly entertaining

Has humble pie been served I wonder?
    DrBoomBotz and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    12-08-16 01:15 PM
    No further commentary needed from me, the Android Central site is a whole lot better than the deluded commentators on this site. ..... Sad.....

Toxic.........

http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...es-apps-6.html

Android BlackBerry
    12-08-16 03:36 PM
    No further commentary needed from me, the Android Central site is a whole lot better than the deluded commentators on this site. ..... Sad.....

Toxic.........

http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...es-apps-6.html

Android BlackBerry
    3 years ago! On a rooted Jellybean device!
    12-08-16 03:55 PM
    3 years ago! On a rooted Jellybean device!
    You Really need to read to the end. Last POST was 29.10.16 . It's a CONTINUING issue and many posters are NOT USING Rooted devices. Neff said?? ....... Sad.

Toxic..........

Android BlackBerry
    12-08-16 04:10 PM
    You Really need to read to the end. Last POST was 29.10.16 . It's a CONTINUING issue and many posters are NOT USING Rooted devices. Neff said?? ....... Sad.

Toxic..........

Android BlackBerry
    Aptoide is a third party app store in where apk files can be altered. It requires allowing unknown sources to be enabled to install, which we've already mentioned is asking for trouble. Looks like someone over there found out the hard way.
    12-08-16 04:39 PM

Toxic..........

Android BlackBerry
    LOL with the "sad" comment after every post. We get it, you don't like Android.
    One person on that thread said they had a rooted device. Others are the type that download from unofficial stores. That thread is spread out over several years and if it was something that was widespread, we would know it.
    You had a bad experience. Move on or use something different. I'm not sure what else to say.
    12-08-16 04:40 PM
    LOL with the "sad" comment after every post. We get it, you don't like Android.
    One person on that thread said they had a rooted device. Others are the type that download from unofficial stores. That thread is spread out over several years and if it was something that was widespread, we would know it.
    You had a bad experience. Move on or use something different. I'm not sure what else to say.
    No you don't "get it ". I'm an Android user without blinkers on. The shortfalls and pitfalls are there. What's Sad is the commentators here, being attacked for stating an issue I'm having. Comments like ,you must be lying, sad trombone etc ,etc is just really......... SAD... over on Android Central the venom isn't there. So what's sad and not hilarious is the lack of sensibilities here. ......Sad.

Toxic........

Android BlackBerry
    12-08-16 04:56 PM
    So it wasn't the router?
    12-08-16 04:57 PM
    No you don't "get it ". I'm an Android user without blinkers on. The shortfalls and pitfalls are there. What's Sad is the commentators here, being attacked for stating an issue I'm having. Comments like ,you must be lying, sad trombone etc ,etc is just really......... SAD... over on Android Central the venom isn't there. So what's sad and not hilarious is the lack of sensibilities here. ......Sad.

Toxic........

Android BlackBerry
    You're putting too much into it. If you like Android Central (I post there also) why do you keep coming back to this thread? In the end you have to work through your issue, use what you want, etc. Not everyone is having this issue. I certainly have not and have used Android since Ice Cream Sandwich.

I wish you the best.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-08-16 05:01 PM
    You're putting too much into it. If you like Android Central (I post there also) why do you keep coming back to this thread? In the end you have to work through your issue, use what you want, etc. Not everyone is having this issue. I certainly have not and have used Android since Ice Cream Sandwich.

I wish you the best.
    I'm using a PRIV as well hence me "coming " here. I didn't know I needed your permission to come here. ...... Sad

Toxic.

Android BlackBerry
    12-08-16 05:05 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD