I'm not here for shannigans, just to relate MY experience don't need your commentary.

Android BlackBerry
    What are the Apps? Might help to tell people here so they can avoid them.
    12-05-16 02:52 PM
    Sorry but it has happened time and time again Downloading ONLY Google play. I have no need for third party sites. I have flagged the apps in question to Google but they are still in the store.

Android BlackBerry
    Which apps are you talking about?
    I see Ray beat me to it.
    12-05-16 03:26 PM
    I downloaded the Avast Antivirus which I paid for the upgrade the redirect virus I obtained through the browser was for an app called Secure Antivirus. This is just one example.

Android BlackBerry
    12-05-16 03:31 PM
    You seem blissfully unaware of how forums work.
    I am blissfully unaware of how toxic this site has become and as the guy who runs this now since Kevins departure I would expect that you would allow for ALL points of view to be entertained without commentators being attacked.

Android BlackBerry
    12-05-16 03:36 PM
    I am blissfully unaware of how toxic this site has become and as the guy who runs this now since Kevins departure I would expect that you would allow for ALL points of view to be entertained without commentators being attacked.

Android BlackBerry
    I think your sarcasm filter was off when you read Bla1ze's comment.
    12-05-16 03:41 PM
    If it was I apologize.

Android BlackBerry
    12-05-16 03:43 PM
    Pretty much.
    12-05-16 03:44 PM
    So obvious not enough BB10 users switching to android. I can see the purpose of this article

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 04:31 PM
    So obvious not enough BB10 users switching to android. I can see the purpose of this article

Posted via CB10
    All BB10 users will be eventually switching to something, as it seems they are done making BB10 devices or improving the OS.
    12-05-16 04:33 PM
    I downloaded the Avast Antivirus which I paid for the upgrade the redirect virus I obtained through the browser was for an app called Secure Antivirus. This is just one example.

Android BlackBerry
    So it was antivirus software that messed up your device? Thanks for proving the point i was trying to make to this OP. Antivirus programs tend to act as the virus themselves. So ultimately if you use your device properly then they are not required.
    TgeekB and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    12-05-16 06:12 PM
    So it was antivirus software that messed up your device? Thanks for proving the point i was trying to make to this OP. Antivirus programs tend to act as the virus themselves. So ultimately if you use your device properly then they are not required.
    This is correct, I actually had to again readjust my DNS again I was having the following address 85.93.5.
    25 . Which apparently is a "Trojan injektor".

Whilst I can appreciate your point of view. The point of Google play being devoid of malware is a fallacy in my view.

Android BlackBerry
    12-05-16 07:39 PM

Android BlackBerry
    Point of view is not the same as fact. Your point of view is you're untrusting of the Google Play Store. Nobody can argue that. Claiming your experience with it as fact can be, however.
    Ronindan and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-05-16 07:41 PM
    Point of view is not the same as fact. Your point of view is you're untrusting of the Google Play Store. Nobody can argue that. Claiming your experience with it as fact can be, however.
    OK then it's a FACT that the Google play store is riddled with malware

https://www.grahamcluley.com/adverti...le-play-store/

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...es-020415.html

The irony in the second link, where Avast is making the virus / malware notifications to Google , isn't lost on me either . There are thousands of posts warning of malware IN the Google play store.

Android BlackBerry
    12-05-16 08:11 PM
    OK then it's a FACT that the Google play store is riddled with malware

https://www.grahamcluley.com/adverti...le-play-store/

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...es-020415.html

The irony in the second link, where Avast is making the virus / malware notifications to Google , isn't lost on me either . There are thousands of posts warning of malware IN the Google play store.

Android BlackBerry
    104 apps out of 2.4 million doesn't qualify as "riddled".

(That's 0.0043% for those keeping track of such things.)
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-05-16 08:21 PM
    104 apps out of 2.4 million doesn't qualify as "riddled".

(That's 0.0043% for those keeping track of such things.)
    That's just ONE example and yes the word is riddled.

Android BlackBerry
    12-05-16 08:26 PM

Android BlackBerry
    Can you show us what is wrong with your phone - actually show us and not just re-posting some links of web articles.
    12-05-16 08:51 PM

Android BlackBerry
    Also that example was from April and odds are pretty good they're gone by now. That's what the Bouncer code does.
    Ronindan and TgeekB like this.
    12-05-16 08:53 PM
    Can you show us what is wrong with your phone - actually show us and not just re-posting some links of web articles.
    Excellent idea. I used that app for a spell and didn't have any DNS issues. But then again, I never rooted my device.
    Ronindan likes this.
    12-05-16 08:57 PM
    I have posted what is pertinent to my specific issue. too bad that the fan bois aren't objective. I think I explained CLEARLY what is my issue.

Android BlackBerry
    12-05-16 09:07 PM
    Also that example was from April and odds are pretty good they're gone by now. That's what the Bouncer code does.
    This is NOT a rooted device and no there are still malware on Google play recently the" Dress Code" is now released there.

Android BlackBerry
    12-05-16 09:08 PM
    I have posted what is pertinent to my specific issue. too bad that the fan bois aren't objective. I think I explained CLEARLY what is my issue.

Android BlackBerry
    you explained it but honestly I still think its an issue that you are causing. For it to happen multiple times is a USER caused issue. I know their can be SOME malware in the google play store but its miniscule chance of being infected from there IMO.

This is NOT a rooted device and no there are still malware on Google play recently the" Dress Code" is now released there.

Android BlackBerry
    and when the malware was discovered it was removed and then google closes down access so apps with the malware cant be added.
    12-05-16 09:11 PM

Android BlackBerry
    show us something concrete rather than some links
    12-05-16 09:12 PM

Android BlackBerry
    getting malware is not caused by having a rooted Android smartphone. more often it is caused by human error
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-05-16 09:21 PM
    you explained it but honestly I still think its an issue that you are causing. For it to happen multiple times is a USER caused issue. I know their can be SOME malware in the google play store but its miniscule chance of being infected from there IMO.
    I did factory resets on all my Android devices except for my Q box and every few days the DNS gets changed. I have the S3 ,S4, S5, S6edge , Tab 4 ,Tab S2, PRIV they all are affected by the issue strangely my iPad and Surface Pro aren't affected.

Android BlackBerry
    Last edited by berrydroid; 12-05-16 at 09:32 PM.
    12-05-16 09:21 PM
    I did factory resets on all my Android devices except for my Q box and every few days the DNS gets changed. I have the S3 ,S4, S5, S6edge , Tab 4 ,Tab S2, PRIV they all are affected by the issue strangely my iPad and Surface Pro aren't affected.

Android BlackBerry
    Sounds like a local error to me:

If you performed factory resets, are you restoring or starting from scratch?

At what point do you notice there's a change in your DNS settings?

How are the changes being detected?

How are you setting them correctly?
    12-05-16 09:58 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD