Hi, iv just bought the BB Bold and i have no maps and cant get a gps fix either!!!!!! iv looked through the phone and cant find any reason why i cant at least get a gps fix...... anyone have any ideas please?
    03-29-09 07:31 AM
    When you say no maps, do you mean you don't have a mapping program to run like BB Maps?

Do you have GPS enabled under Options > Advanced > GPS?

Do you have a clear line of sight to the sky?

Is the phone new or refurb?

Do you have the latest firmware?

Have you tried a battery pull?

Have you tried my guide? (link in sig)
    03-29-09 10:57 PM
    When you say no maps, do you mean you don't have a mapping program to run like BB Maps?

Do you have GPS enabled under Options > Advanced > GPS?

Do you have a clear line of sight to the sky?

Is the phone new or refurb?

Do you have the latest firmware?

Have you tried a battery pull?

Have you tried my guide? (link in sig)
    Ye i have no map program and no options, "GPS" says 'device gps', 'Location on','Location ading enabled and everything else is blank. If i try to 'refresh gps' it cant find sats! The phone was bought new as handset only (no contract). My firmware is v4.6.0.144 is that the latest and how would i update it? iv tryed a battery pull too. Iv looked at your guide but i cant download the apps to try it out as im connected to someones random wifi network as im traveling and the downloads timeout its that slow! lol
    03-30-09 07:07 AM
    You might be able to install bbmaps through the desktop manager software. You could also try to download a different maps program such as google maps or live maps or whatever.

Apparently the latest is 4.6.0.418
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/new...-247-a-180573/

There are instructions there. You can try to update to it and see if that helps at all.
    03-30-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD