01-21-13 12:38 AM
45 12
tools
    Note to RIM. The best surprise you could be holding for the launch would be... Immediate availability of devices on at least a couple of major US carriers. An apple type of launch.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    01-18-13 01:37 AM
    We have a fairly random rota but I happen to be off that day by sheer luck. As we have now passed the 2 week barrier they can no longer change my shifts without my consent so I shall be off that day!!
    01-18-13 03:13 AM
    The launch is only the official press about the new device(s), right?
    ...People still can't buy them until March or April, right?
    No confirmed release dates, but it seems more likely that the quicker carriers will have them in the stores by early feb and who knows maybe one of the surprises at the launch will be Thorsten saying that it will be in stores of x countries from 31st Jan.
    01-18-13 10:51 AM
    Note to RIM. The best surprise you could be holding for the launch would be... Immediate availability of devices on at least a couple of major US carriers. An apple type of launch.
    Sadly, the american carriers will probably be as slow as always to get this in the stores, but maybe elsewhere rim will be able to outdo apple who usually have a week until availability due to them running the pre-orders.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-18-13 10:52 AM
    I'm in the Army and even i have managed to swindle the day off!! Bring it on!
    01-18-13 11:42 AM
    I have over time banked, so I'm using that time for Jan30th!! Can't wait to watch live streaming (?) on Internet.
    01-18-13 10:23 PM
    Off to research. I hope it's not really needed. Thanks for the pointer
    I think it will be needed to back up password-protected devices, at least, but i think it will be a lot easier to get data onto and off of the device than the iPhone.

I live a block away from the T.O. Launch event... I might just put on a suit and hang something off my lapel that looks like a press pass and walk in nonchalant like. But if there's a BB10 fan event streaming the event at a local restaurant or the official CrackBerry public event, that'll be my preference... But i need to know soon enough to book the day off, or i'll just stream the event at work-from-home.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    01-18-13 10:52 PM
    I think it will be needed to back up password-protected devices, at least, but i think it will be a lot easier to get data onto and off of the device than the iPhone.
    I don't mind the new BB Link, just hope it is not as invasive (for me) as the old iTunes. The less I have to tether the better, so I could live with OTA solutions.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-18-13 10:58 PM
    I don't mind the new BB Link, just hope it is not as invasive (for me) as the old iTunes. The less I have to tether the better, so I could live with OTA solutions.
    I have no doubt that wires are going to soon be a thing in the BB rear view window... A nfc / induction "touchstone" that will charge any BB10 device but only do NFC sync / backup of "registered" devices. But not in the Z10 or X10 (no built-in induction charging)... But i'm sure there are better places to continue speculation about how BB10 devices will leverage "Link" (mea culpa, off topic for this... topic.)
    01-18-13 11:07 PM
    It will be 10 PM in Indonesia, so will follow the news and updates from CrackBerry.com
    01-20-13 09:54 PM
    Will reschedule a meeting to make sure I have a couple of hours free between 10 and 12 EDT on that day.
    01-20-13 10:37 PM
    Luckily I've got a pretty cool job, where I can just watch whatever is available most of the day.

Almost there!
    01-20-13 10:40 PM
    What time is the actual BlackBerry 10 launch event? An evening event means no BlackBerry 10 smartphones in consumers' hands until the following morning at the absolute earliest. I am not anticipating these smartphones being sold until mid-February; any later will loose the momentum of the hype around BlackBerry 10's debutant party.
    01-20-13 11:12 PM
    I requested this day off about two weeks ago. RIM will make history on this day.
    01-20-13 11:16 PM
    I'm in the Army and even i have managed to swindle the day off!! Bring it on!
    If you are a member of Canada's army, you have the day off because of recently reported training cutbacks. And since you have the day off you can shovel the snow for me. LOL
    01-20-13 11:18 PM
    I wish! I'm stuck in. The mountain so either way i'm going to miss it
    01-20-13 11:27 PM
    i'll be working nights and probably finish that night early so i'll be able to wake up for 10 to watch or just not sleep
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-20-13 11:38 PM
    What time is the actual BlackBerry 10 launch event? An evening event means no BlackBerry 10 smartphones in consumers' hands until the following morning at the absolute earliest. I am not anticipating these smartphones being sold until mid-February; any later will loose the momentum of the hype around BlackBerry 10's debutant party.
    6 cities simultaneously http://www.theblackberryexperience.com/
    1. New York 10 AM
    2. Toronto 10 AM
    3. London 3 PM
    4. Paris 4 PM
    5. Johannesburg 5 PM
    6. Dubai 7PM

And that would be 10 PM in Indonesia. No sleep till it's done.
    Cheers
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-21-13 12:03 AM
    Not work, but it's the second week of classes and I happen to have Organic Chemistry scheduled at 10 AM that day. Thinking about skipping it and following a live stream (hopefully) from my university's tech lounge.

Man you get O-chem at 10 AM?!?!?! I have to suffer through it at 8 AM.... I have a psych class right after it so I will probably tune in after that. Or just skip psych...
    01-21-13 12:32 AM
    I’ve just had an epiphany, Jan 30th is a Wednesday. Sometimes called “hump day”. Is RIM telling the competition something?
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-21-13 12:38 AM
45 12