well we have the thread were people leaving bb to go android i thought it natural to start a thread of people comming back and i have been reading through post and comments and it seems the people that have switched are starting to have regrets or are comming back.
    06-27-10 07:21 AM
    Most people who go to android are long gone and have no plans on retuning to BB. I guess its hard to leave all those apps, widgets, and custom home screens android has to offer. It's just more appealing to most consumers.
    06-27-10 07:40 AM
    Actually, I can honestly say that many people (including myself) have come back from Android. Yes, it is a cool platform, there are tons of shiny things, and widgets that all do the same thing, but do you really need that in a device? Personally, I think no. The platform itself is cool, but still up and coming, there are a lot of things that need refinement and yes, Google is continuing to develop for it. Android rises so quickly because you have all these different device mfg producing devices, then Google supplying the OS, but look at how that has worked out, not so well. Back ordered devices, flawed devices, near duplicates, its just a matter of time til they peak, like some say that the BB has done. I mean yes, they have a 4.3 inch touchscreen, cool, but Apple just stomped their display with a 3.5 inch display, you know what I mean?
    06-27-10 07:45 AM
    I dont know..I seen a few folks come back..I did and iam happy i did..I love all the apps and all it just is not a BB..
    06-27-10 07:45 AM
    I think from reading the posts a lot more people have come back and if not yet are planning to. Its true what they say the grass isn't always greener on the other side so very true
    06-27-10 08:04 AM
    I never left. Why would I? I already have the best phone from the best manufacturer.

From where I am, everything else is downhill.
    06-27-10 08:13 AM
    I sold my Curve five months ago and haven't looked back. BB is okay but I find the Android OS way more appealing so I doubt I'll be back. I never was addicted to my BB.
    06-27-10 08:17 AM
    I like my storm 2 and I think BB's best smart phone one the market when it come to the basic and most important functions of a smartphone, but there are far more people going over to android and staying with them than there are people coming back to BB. Most complain about BB running too slow and having to wait forever the device to reboot. Every device and OS has it pros and cons though. RIM could easily solve their problems by just using up to date hardware.
    06-27-10 08:26 AM
    I did the Droid thing for 29 Days and then back to the BB. I didn't like not getting my emails instantly and I really missed BBM. Some of the apps were cool but 90% of them are useless. The only thing that I missed on the Android was the browser. I hope 6.0 brings us something comparable.
    06-27-10 08:36 AM
    I like my storm 2 and I think BB's best smart phone one the market when it come to the basic and most important functions of a smartphone, but there are far more people going over to android and staying with them than there are people coming back to BB. Most complain about BB running too slow and having to wait forever the device to reboot. Every device and OS has it pros and cons though. RIM could easily solve their problems by just using up to date hardware.
    I have a few friends that work at different Verizon stores and they said that they have been seeing alot of folks going back to BB due to security issues and them saying that "droids are like toys fun at first but suck after playing with it" so take it as you may...
    06-27-10 08:38 AM
    RIM would stand a better chance of recovering those Android defections if they'd stop being so lazy in their R&D.Case in point:the 9300.
    06-27-10 08:53 AM
    I have a few friends that work at different Verizon stores and they said that they have been seeing alot of folks going back to BB due to security issues and them saying that "droids are like toys fun at first but suck after playing with it" so take it as you may...
    True droids are not secure at all because of their open platform and I do believe that BB's are way better, but the numbers don't lie. RIM lost almost 10% of the smartphone market over the past year since android got popular. Androids greatest strength (open platform) is also its greatest flaw.
    06-27-10 08:53 AM
    Right now all verizon is tinkong is android. I haven't seen a verizon bb ad in a while just droid commercial I think once you start seeing the blackberry commercials from verizon start getting tv time again then you know people are coming back to android and the android novelty has worn off . All we've been hearing the past six months android this and android that even the analysts are all crazy over android. There are around sixty model phones I think with the android and rim still sold over 20milloon phones in six months. The android thing is over blown
    06-27-10 08:56 AM
    Right now all verizon is tinkong is android. I haven't seen a verizon bb ad in a while just droid commercial I think once you start seeing the blackberry commercials from verizon start getting tv time again then you know people are coming back to android and the android novelty has worn off . All we've been hearing the past six months android this and android that even the analysts are all crazy over android. There are around sixty model phones I think with the android and rim still sold over 20milloon phones in six months. The android thing is over blown
    Yeah androids are highly overhyped/overrated. I hear most of their apps don't even work properly. Most smartphone user like the processing power they have though. If RIM would 1ghz processors and more internal memory they would have flawless devices.
    06-27-10 09:03 AM
    I have 2 friends that went android. I tried to stop them but the glitz was to bright.
    10 days and 25days later they both came back to BB.
    One couldn't live with the weight of the android brick(10 days(
    Both couldn't stand the constant need to charge the phone. (4hrs and it was dead with moderate use)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 09:23 AM
    wow this is funny i just came back to Crackberry today and was about to post the same thing. a little bit on my history,,, my first bb was a 8320 i loved that little machine like no other..... when android came out it gave alot of freedom and hope and the Google dream phone came around (g1) i picked it up in the first wave and oh boy i regret it then i went back to blackberry with the 8900 and felt in love again and 6 months later the Google nexus one came out before making the jump i did research and bought it well i own it right now and its a good phone. the android OS has come a long way and its more user friendly but for me is too overwhelming to much searching around for one app and such so now i find my self looking for a 9700 on ebay lol
    06-27-10 10:02 AM
    I'll find out July 15th if Android is better than BB...for me anyway.
    06-27-10 10:09 AM
    Can't believe I'm saying it, but same here. The new X is looking pretty damn good.
    06-27-10 10:14 AM
    I did the incredible thing for a month but too many issues with it call quality and battery life were horrible!

06-27-10 10:25 AM
    things like BBM are irreplaceable, e-mail is also a big hassle on android i do have to say the eye candyness of the OS is what pulls everyone in but it just takes so long to do one task and i am a power user i work from 5 am to 7 pm and its ******** how my battery is dead by 11 30 am
    06-27-10 10:53 AM
    I have done it twice now. I had a hero and returned it in March. Then I did it again this month with the EVO. Just sold it. It wasn't for me. I need a physical keyboard. I like the android OS but the battery life is horrid.
    06-27-10 11:25 AM
    And once again we have "MODS" abusing their power and deleting posts that where in accordance with policies, but because they screwed up, they delete it so nobody can see it.
    06-27-10 11:29 AM
    I have to start using one for work. I'll see how good they are, but I don't think it'll compare to my 9700 and the way I can use it for my mail and the cutting and pasting I do a dozen times a day. I also don't want to give up my bbm friends.

06-27-10 11:30 AM
    And once again we have "MODS" abusing their power and deleting posts that where in accordance with policies, but because they screwed up, they delete it so nobody can see it.
    OK, first of all. No one screwed up. I, independent of your post, moved the
    thread because this was a better area for it.

Second: No one is abusing anything. With the thread being moved to the proper
    area, you post was rendered a moot point, as was the comment to it and your
    reply to that. That is why they were deleted. Plain and simple.

Third: Rather than leaving a post in a thread asking the question of why a
    thread is where it is, which assumes at least one of us seeing it (again, I did
    not until AFTER I moved the thread on my own) use the report function, which
    will assure at least one of us see it.

Out of respect for the OP and their thread, if you have any further concerns
    on this please PM me. Let's not wreck this thread.
    06-27-10 12:00 PM
    Actually, I can honestly say that many people (including myself) have come back from Android. Yes, it is a cool platform, there are tons of shiny things, and widgets that all do the same thing, but do you really need that in a device? Personally, I think no. The platform itself is cool, but still up and coming, there are a lot of things that need refinement and yes, Google is continuing to develop for it. Android rises so quickly because you have all these different device mfg producing devices, then Google supplying the OS, but look at how that has worked out, not so well. Back ordered devices, flawed devices, near duplicates, its just a matter of time til they peak, like some say that the BB has done. I mean yes, they have a 4.3 inch touchscreen, cool, but Apple just stomped their display with a 3.5 inch display, you know what I mean?
    All that with less issues than the buggy as all ever devices RIM has been shoveling out.
    06-27-10 12:02 PM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD