So after taking off my data probably like over 6 months ago I've still always been able to browse the web as usual through BB browse. Today being bored until the chaos tonight I figured if try my opera just to see what it does... And it works! Then I reinstalled Myspace app... And it works! I'm trying out a few others right now like google maps which I've missed. So how happy am I! No data plan and free data! Before any response I've been monitoring my bill for 6 months and there are no additional charges. Don't ask how it happened because I'm not sure, haha.

And happy fourth of July everyone!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 12:28 PM
    D-d-d-Damn! Show me the way.
    That's awesome!!!

07-04-09 12:36 PM
    I would watch it because if ur carrier finds out that u get freeweb u can get charged for all that. At once carriers never make a mistake that causes them to loose money

07-04-09 03:13 PM
    I would watch it because if ur carrier finds out that u get freeweb u can get charged for all that. At once carriers never make a mistake that causes them to loose money

I was just thinking that
    07-04-09 03:40 PM
    Yeah, eventually they'll catch on .. enjoy it while it lasts though! .. I got away with having $7 unlimited on device browsing (not an actual data plan) on my old WinMo phone for data, haha but eventually they called me and told me its incompatible .. took them 4 months
    07-04-09 05:40 PM
    Isn't a data plan required with the blackberry?

07-04-09 07:39 PM

Yes, especially a specific BlackBerry data plan in order to access BIS services, such as push email, BBM, BB Browser, etc.
    Without so, you won't be able to access specific BlackBerry features, although you would be able to browse using opera mini.
    07-04-09 07:53 PM
    Well i dont have that haha

I use wifi
    07-04-09 08:46 PM
    Haha, well I have a good retention plan with Rogers so I only play $50/month with a LOT of goodies. Although, there's no such thing as unlimited data in Canada .. 500 mb does me well.
    07-04-09 08:47 PM
    Haha, well I have a good retention plan with Rogers so I only play $50/month with a LOT of goodies. Although, there's no such thing as unlimited data in Canada .. 500 mb does me well.
    aww that sucks

i can get a data plan
    but im waiting to save up for a 8520 when it comes out
    07-04-09 08:51 PM
    aww that sucks

i can get a data plan
    but im waiting to save up for a 8520 when it comes out
    Oh cool, the 8520 would be a nice upgrade from the 8320, it shouldn't be too expensive when it comes out!
    07-04-09 09:45 PM
    idk when its going to come out lol

probably going to buy mine at ebay

or use my upgrade haha
    07-04-09 09:53 PM
    It will probably drop around November.. definately in time for the holiday season! I might get the 8520 as a backup 'berry .. hopefully it won't be too expensive! I'm guessing it's going to cost $349.99 for an unlocked one.. I could be wrong though
    07-04-09 09:59 PM
    Not sure if that'll be free. IDK about t-mobile but with AT&T you can still "use" data even though you don't have a data plan. But you'll be charged per KB or MB. So I'd be real careful with that.

Also, with AT&T it's not required to have the data plan with a BB, at least not yet. You can still use it just for phone calls, texting, and non-data apps. Not much good as a BB, but it works nonetheless.
    07-04-09 11:16 PM
    Yeah I was even at a tmobile store one day with a rep n told him about it. He was browsing on my phone everything.. Even he seemed shocked since I had no data plan. Ha and actually my phone has always been like this since I could remember. When I first got my BB I added the data of course but then decided to save a little but before that I could go to a lot of mobile sites n stuff which was all I was able to do at the time since I had the samsung blast. So if they haven't caught on yet and I've had them for roughly 5 years I don't think they ever will. Whoo!

07-05-09 12:50 AM
    I find a lot of t-mobile users are getting this as well. I'm not sure why, but it's only with t-mobile users I've seen this happen to.
    07-05-09 01:04 AM

Not on GSM carriers; hard to control. I can pop my sim in any carrier branded device or unlocked without calling to update my IMEI. With CDMA, you have to register your device in order to get service.
    07-05-09 01:06 AM
    Yea, hopefully they don't catch on!

07-05-09 10:25 AM
    Wish I could get away with having a data plan and not paying lol
    that would be sweet...hopefully it dont come back and bite ya in the arse later. that would suck..at least your monitoring your bill so you will catch it if it happens
    07-05-09 10:28 AM
    Yeah what I noticed is that it still shows my data usage for daily use on tmobile.com so I always check out the last page to see if it totals anything n it always just says 0.00 although you can see all the mb's or whatever of browsing. My notifications don't work on Myspace app. I'm on there but it does not alert me of new items. Opera mini works as normarl. I still can't get push email but I just go to mobile yahoo n check it there n I can see everything n send emails as well.

07-05-09 11:28 AM
    Enjoy the free data. =D
    07-05-09 02:09 PM
    sweet!! Im on tmo myself and am having issues with them as usual but at least I have service atm so...cant complain. LOL
    Right now my phone is acting all weird...its not registering the fact that I have a working sim in it. It keeps telling me its not authorized. I go to use the camera and then the phone stops working and gives me that message. weird huh? anyways enjoy the freebies while ya got em!!! lol
    07-05-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD