No it's not overblown. If you look at most of these post you see one thing. Whether or not a specific app is important to a specific person. I personally like Intstagram but I could live with out it. What I find inexcusable is large banks, and other business' that won't support all 4 major platforms such as insurance companies etc. The is just no good reason to punish me and not give me as much customer service or availability to features because I have a certain smartphone. I don't get a discount for not using those services. Get on the stick and support all of your customers.
    Companies won't put out stuff that costs them more money than it makes. Would you prefer to pay more for their services to offset he additional cost?
    06-24-13 03:35 PM
    It really depends with the user, thank God I'm not that app dependent. I have Sound Hound to identify music. 8tracks to discover songs. Grooveshark mobile website to stream. Also side loaded Flip Board and instagram(though it would be nice to have a version without that commenting bug). FB, twitter, and Whatsapp too.

So yeah I'm good with it for now.

Posted via CB10
    Chicago777Guy likes this.
    06-24-13 06:18 PM
    I want function- turn on and work functionality. Apps don't mean much to me, just a few for my business. However a product that receives as much secondary support as BlackBerry from a talented and supporting base of Crackberrians is really a very lucky company. Half baked os's , products with huge potential wasted because they cannot iron out the glitches leaves me wondering. Apps may help but the issues are deeper. The first software that should be improved by any means is the sync between computer, tablet and phone. No one that buys a new product should have to lurk at CrackBerry to learn a round about method to use Link or the Desk top manager, or any like problem. So for me the app thing is over blown- lack of apps? most apps from Android are a waste of good time, Apple I don't know much about. But for Android they may have some hundreds of thousands- but what do they really have that function in a useful manner, that can load to an sd card and don't swallow up built in phone storage space, that don't slow the device to a crawl or worse crash the device with the next update? Apps may be a selling point but not for me. Functionality-
    06-24-13 06:22 PM
    Side loading is a pain in the rear. Especially for the average user. So you can quickly dismiss that as a valid argument for the absence of these apps. BB10 lacks my major Banks App Royal Bank(yes I know I can use the browser), Instagram, Snap chat, Paybyphone. I have a Z10. I've come to the conclusion that the phone is great for business and ultimately helps me spend less time on the phone with my email and day to day business. Through a clever layout and the quick typing. But, this phone is no fun. BlackBerry has nothing on IPhone and Androids fun factor. You can drink the BlackBerry company Kool aid all day long. But yes, apps are important and by no way is this concern blown out of proportion. I would say BlackBerry will be in serious hot water in the next 2 quarters if they don't address this issue. Hopefully these other major apps jump on board. I would love to see this BlackBerry turn around happen. I expect good things on Friday with the quarterly update. Initial hype/purchasing is great. Bring on the apps the consumer wants.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 06:45 PM
54 123