I wonder if there will be anyone picking up a BB10 device that has been turned on by their BBM experience?

Very curious about this. BlackBerry should broadcast messages for the new Z30 over BBM

Can a mod please edit my spelling error in my headline? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 06:34 AM
    I won't be getting the Q or the Z30 until I know what is happening with the company and what the plans for future support are. Nothing to do with BBM cross platform. I didn't buy my BlackBerries for BBM to begin with.
    10-23-13 06:36 AM
    Yes, I agree. BlackBerry should broadcast messages advertising the Z30 and other devices.

Posted via my Z30.
    10-23-13 06:40 AM
    I won't be getting the Q or the Z30 until I know what is happening with the company and what the plans for future support are. Nothing to do with BBM cross platform. I didn't buy my BlackBerries for BBM to begin with.
    Amen to that!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 06:41 AM
    Now they have BBM and all the apps on iOS and Android. Why would they leave all the apps AND BBM just to switch for BBM? It's not even like BBM is representing how BB10 operates.
    10-23-13 06:48 AM
    I think that it just gets BlackBerry 's name out there.

I think it will do wonders for everything, such as device uptake, app development, advertising.

Think about it. Why would you not make an app that fully supports the company with the top messaging application???? I don't think it will help a great deal, but it will certainly help.

BlackBerry have just upped the anti, and it is something that they can excel at.

Security, Notifications, Messages and IM.

Posted via my Z30.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-23-13 06:54 AM
    In a few more weeks these questions will be answered.

We will know what direction BB is heading.
    southlander likes this.
    10-23-13 07:02 AM
    I'm with Q. I didn't get my BB because of BBM and while I'm thinking I'd like a Z30, I don't use many apps, I am waiting to see what happens with the company.
    10-23-13 07:09 AM
    I notice more people dropping their blackberries in my BBM groups

Posted via CB10(BBM#22) on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    10-23-13 07:12 AM
    I notice more people dropping their blackberries in my BBM groups

Posted via CB10(BBM#22) on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    I think most everyone has noticed this too. Bummer.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    10-23-13 07:28 AM
    Exactly, now it might be just the opposite for me depending on what happens with the company and this "prosumer" stupidity they are throwing out. I love the BB10 OS but the app situation leaves a lot to be desired. BlackBerry shrinking their market target/focus won't bring apps, and might actually make the situation worse, and with e-mail on BB10 and BBM now being the same on other platforms, or at least will be in the near future when they add BBM Voice and Video, their becomes less reason to stick with a "prosumer" device missing many productivity and entertainment apps simply to support BlackBerry and not go with an iPhone or Android device that has everything and stable companies, who cater to end users, behind them.
    10-23-13 08:19 AM
    Exactly, now it might be just the opposite for me depending on what happens with the company and this "prosumer" stupidity they are throwing out. I love the BB10 OS but the app situation leaves a lot to be desired. BlackBerry shrinking their market target/focus won't bring apps, and might actually make the situation worse, and with e-mail on BB10 and BBM now being the same on other platforms, or at least will be in the near future when they add BBM Voice and Video, their becomes less reason to stick with a "prosumer" device missing many productivity and entertainment apps simply to support BlackBerry and not go with an iPhone or Android device that has everything and stable companies, who cater to end users, behind them.
    Frankly, I've got my finger on the "Buy Now" button at blackberry.com for a white Q10. But.......I need to know the phone will be supported. By supported I mean continued development. 500 bucks is not a huge amount of money but with it I could literally make a new car payment, so I don't want to throw it away for nothing. As soon as I know that the Q will get continued support I will buy it.

Not the Z30.....really isn't calling to me.

It's got nothing to so with the fact that I am in love with BBM on my iPhone, I just want to know that my 500 will either get me a supported device or go to a new car payment.

And yah;.....that "prosumer" buzz word is as irksome as the whole "mobile computing" buzzword.
    kbz1960, Speedygi and kevinnugent like this.
    10-23-13 08:24 AM
    It seems to me that cross platform BBM removes an incentive to buy a BB10 device, thus making it less likely that people will do so. If you can get the same thing on iOS or Android, why switch?

My opinion, as an outsider looking in, is that BlackBerry is basically finished as a handset maker. They bet the company on BB10 and it didn't pay off.

That sucks for people who like BlackBerry phones and BB10, but I don't think it necessarily means the end of BlackBerry itself. BlackBerry has always excelled at messaging. With BBM maybe they can dominate the messaging arena.

I'm not sure how they'd make money from it, given that the app and the service are free, but I'm sure they could come up with something. Advertising maybe. Or payed upgrades for premium features maybe.
    10-23-13 08:28 AM
    I don't see bbm4all being a negative in considering a purchase. The missing popular apps are the largest issue, If they had of put out a bounty of 1 million per top app developed for BB10, They would be sailing alongside the others.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:53 AM
    I don't see bbm4all being a negative in considering a purchase. The missing popular apps are the largest issue, If they had of put out a bounty of 1 million per top app developed for BB10, They would be sailing alongside the others.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone is suggesting that cross-platform BBM is a negative. Instead, the question is which group will be larger: the group that feels free to leave BBRY now that BBM is cross platform, or the group that switches to BB because of the experience of cross-platform BBM.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-23-13 09:02 AM
    maybe in canada and US many people buying Blackberry phone because other reason than BBM , but in other BlackBerry market (quite large one like indonesia, India, philipines etc) most people only buying BB phone because they want BBM.

there are some local news, internet forum in indonesia questioning BlackBerry future in here when BBM comes out to other platform. while most BB phone in indonesia are cheap curve but losing 15 million subscribers will be a massive blow for BB

english article :
    http://www.techinasia.com/reasons-bl...ia-bbm-supreme
    10-23-13 09:16 AM
    I'll get the Z30.. corporate issues have nothing to do with my phone..
    bradu1, AggreX, Anilu7 and 1 others like this.
    10-23-13 09:20 AM
    I am sorry to hear that. My two cents: I bought a Q10 knowing the problems with Blackberry as a company and I can tell you that it is a great device. It gets the job done. OS10 even thought it has some issues to be fixed is far superior as a business oriented device than Samsung or Apple smartphones: the hub, gestures, speed and quality of its keyboard, browser and amazing good apps (Bloomberg, The Economist, Evernote).

buying the Q10 was money well spent.
    Umaima_B_Dia, AggreX and Anilu7 like this.
    10-23-13 09:22 AM
    I meant to reply to avt123

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 09:22 AM
    BlackBerry should broadcast messages for the new Z30 over BBM
    Yeah, they should start spamming their new users immediately......
    10-23-13 09:23 AM
    Marketing strategy to let the people know that BlackBerry is alive and how bbm works I guess.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 09:24 AM
    I'll be grabbing a Z30 very soon. I don't buy a BlackBerry for BBM, I don't like iOS or Android OS.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    10-23-13 09:26 AM
    BBM has less importance in europe and north american countries, so people there buy BB10 not because of BBM. This question is actually for the countries such as Indonesia or malaysia where people really use it for bbm.
    10-23-13 09:33 AM
    Simple solution. BBRY already wrote down the value of the Z10's, so blow them out unlocked at $49. Get them into peoples hands. Who wouldn't buy that phone for $49 - unlocked - as compared to iPhone and Android? Sure, there are a few missing "major" apps that people want, but the price differential would make it worth it. Get's the phone in the publics hands, gets the hardware out of inventory, and BBRY could be back on the upswing.
    yessuz, AggreX, sexybabe88 and 1 others like this.
    10-23-13 09:40 AM
    maybe in canada and US many people buying Blackberry phone because other reason than BBM , but in other BlackBerry market (quite large one like indonesia, India, philipines etc) most people only buying BB phone because they want BBM.

there are some local news, internet forum in indonesia questioning BlackBerry future in here when BBM comes out to other platform. while most BB phone in indonesia are cheap curve but losing 15 million subscribers will be a massive blow for BB

english article :
    4 reasons BlackBerry phones (not BBM) will die in Indonesia
    I understand your point. But I was referring to my reasons for buying a BlackBerry and BBM in and of itself was not a compelling reason for me. Other folks would disagree, of course. I speak of my reasons only.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-23-13 09:41 AM
110 123 ...