Although the BB os is extremely fast effective and productive, the fact of the matter is that in today's competition its not attracting the ever growing consumer market as much as competitors( iphone, android and even touch flo 3D)

Who here thinks RIM is currently working on Next Gen OS something completely new. (No os. 5.0 BS)

I wish they were but i think they are just growing to fast and are too used to focus on the hardware side of things to put the necessary effort in the os.
    08-27-09 10:09 PM
    I hope they are. I just got my first BB not 6 months ago. I want to stick with them, but they had better do something before i-phone is not exclusive to at&t. Not saying it's a better phone because I've never used it, but there seems to me a lot more people w/ BB not needing them for corporate work (like me).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 10:14 PM
    Well 5.2 is supposed to be different but you know they are adding Flash, threaded sms, flick scrolling to 5.0 right?
    08-27-09 10:15 PM
    There are alot of cool things that will mark the beginning of a face change for RIM.
    08-27-09 10:40 PM
    Lots of good stuff coming to the browser for sure. Stay tuned!
    08-27-09 11:20 PM
    Fortune didn't rank RIM as the fastest growing company in the world for just any reason. RIM is going to be progressing fast and will be ever changing. Look at apps now VS a few months ago for the phone. There is definitely tons of potential even with OS 5.0 that is untapped
    08-27-09 11:33 PM
    Yeah when the Storm and older Curve came out there were very little apps available. And those that were ranged from $10 to $20 for a simple game. App prices have been dropping to iTunes App Store quickly and the the app market is growing quickly.

It seems that ever since the Storm was released major changes with RIM have came and are coming with it. There are definatly very good things coming in a pretty short amount of time. With how fast things are progressing I will be very interested to see just what RIM looks like by next summer. In April I have plans to getting the Storm 2 and look forward to it. But I've only had my first gen Storm now for a month or so and I love it.
    08-27-09 11:53 PM
    According to something i heard by 2011 the blackberry web browser is supposed to compare to the mobile safari browser.
    08-28-09 12:24 AM
    Browser was rumored Summer next year. Im sure it has to do with 5.0 and buying Torch Mobile
    08-28-09 12:28 AM
    im seriously looking forward to a lot of the RIM products on the way. i am extremely happy that they have started to listen to what we want.

desktop manager for mac
    new browser
    flash support
    threaded sms
    great new app store

ive been switching back and forth between iphone and bb and i sold my iphone last week (buying a first gen iphone for the oldschool factor tho lol)
    09-05-09 10:17 AM
    hmmmm, I wonder if the blackberry storm was the turning point in the purely business sense of RIM. It always seemed that since the storm they're have been more user friendly upgrades and apps coming out and the amount of games has increased massively compared to just one year ago.
    09-05-09 04:54 PM
    Of course they're working on it. Will it come to the current generation of phones? Probably not. But it's coming.
    09-05-09 05:12 PM
    hmmmm, I wonder if the blackberry storm was the turning point in the purely business sense of RIM. It always seemed that since the storm they're have been more user friendly upgrades and apps coming out and the amount of games has increased massively compared to just one year ago.
    It definitely was! Touchscreens are the new "standard" for phones, if you will, in the consumer market. With RIM's first touchscreen BB, came the consumers.

We have a different set of demands for our devices and we voiced ourselves when RIM didn't provide them off the bat. Now RIM is actively working to better their products to satisfy both the consumer and business-user base.

And they're doing a great job of it!
    09-05-09 11:04 PM
    It definitely was! Touchscreens are the new "standard" for phones, if you will, in the consumer market. With RIM's first touchscreen BB, came the consumers.

We have a different set of demands for our devices and we voiced ourselves when RIM didn't provide them off the bat. Now RIM is actively working to better their products to satisfy both the consumer and business-user base.

And they're doing a great job of it!
    nice statement
    09-05-09 11:08 PM
    I know they are its just a matter of time when they release it and how everyone is gonna respond to it
    09-07-09 09:14 AM
    Although RIM isnt operating i believe on what is a next generation OS which is obvious, i like there OS i like to get a new blackberry and not have to open up and manual and learn my phone all over again no offense to those who do.
    09-07-09 09:29 AM
    I believe RIM's OS is the best out there, being stable and having the ability to multi-task with ease. With the coming additions to their OS, it will easily be the best device on the market (as they always have been.)
    09-07-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD