Pretty hostile replies. I guess I should have expected that. Grumpy BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, that's what you get when you dare say anything negative about or thinking about moving away from a BlackBerry.

Just remember opions are like bungholes every one has one!
    Last edited by BergerKing; 06-17-16 at 03:04 PM.
    06-17-16 02:17 PM
    I'm very surprised that people are still holding onto BB10 like it's going to make a comeback, LOL Especially surprised seeing people still rocking the Z10, I got one on launch day and it was good at the time but what a brutal device, extremely slow and laggy, upgraded to the Z30 and it was much better then the Passport and now flip flop between Z30 and Passport but it's time for a change. I bought a Priv last year on launch day but the hardware was just terrible and not worth the money they were asking so I returned it.

I keep holding out to see the Rome/Hamburg but with the lack of details and never knowing if/when BB will announce a new device it's annoying. At least with basically every other company out there you know that during XXX time they will announce their new phone and it will be available at XXX time. Every year, predictable.

While I like the fluidity of the OS and the Hub, everything else is extremely annoying so likely will finally leave BB this year, which is crazy since I've had BB since the Pearl days. You can just get so much more on Android and I feel I can no longer just say "I'm a BB guy and I don't care about Apps etc."
    06-17-16 02:17 PM
    Once you try the new Note (it's actually Note 6, not 7), you will probably change your mind. This is coming from a former Note user. The Note 5 was atrocious. Beautiful design, terrible function.
    There's some question as to whether the Note series will skip the 6 moniker and go to 7 just to get the naming convention in line with the rest of the Galaxy lineup. And recently it was announced that the production run of the Note 7 will begin in August, which is conducive to the rumor.

As for the Note 5 being atrocious, you might have it confused with the Note 4. The Note 5 is widely accepted with rave reviews, but the Note 4 was questionable.
    06-17-16 02:44 PM
    There's some question as to whether the Note series will skip the 6 moniker and go to 7 just to get the naming convention in line with the rest of the Galaxy lineup. And recently it was announced that the production run of the Note 7 will begin in August, which is conducive to the rumor.

As for the Note 5 being atrocious, you might have it confused with the Note 4. The Note 5 is widely accepted with rave reviews, but the Note 4 was questionable.
    But skipping the 6 might cause conspiracy theories like Windows Neun

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 02:49 PM
    Then your in the wrong form.
    Actually, the answer was in appropriate context in relation to the question and thread posed.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-17-16 03:01 PM

And quite frankly, Note 5 has been an outstanding device. If its replacement brings back removable storage as anticipated, it will be a win.
    06-17-16 03:03 PM
    I'm very surprised that people are still holding onto BB10 like it's going to make a comeback, LOL
    Actually I'm holding onto my Z30 with BBOS10 because it just plain works for me.

I've tried a Window's phone, the Lumia 640, and their app ecosystem is worse that ours. I've also used my wife's F6 and the OS (4.4) is just to disjointed. I suspect Marshmallow would be a vast improvement over kit-kat but as it is now, I have no reason to purchase a new phone just to get the 'improved' Android experience.

I need to find a STA100-1...
    06-17-16 03:21 PM
    And quite frankly, Note 5 has been an outstanding device. If its replacement brings back removable storage as anticipated, it will be a win.
    Most of them stopped doing removable battery.. When you read a review these days, you find them listing the non-removable battery as one of the cons.. Give it some time and they'll embrace it and act normal.. Too bad really.. Non-Removable Battery + No microSD expansion.. Apple infected them with this disease xD..
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-17-16 03:24 PM
    Great post..I have the Priv but think this is it for me. I don't see Blackberry staying in the hardware business.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-17-16 05:17 PM
    I'm perfectly happy with my priv

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    06-17-16 07:06 PM
    Not really.

This site needs all the ad revenue it can get, thus, anyone is welcome.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Your opion and your welcome to it. But I see more and more topics of NO interest as a Blackberry user, WHY would I come here if its not about Blackberry. I believe this is part of a group of sites and maybe one of them would be better for this topic.
    Sairos likes this.
    06-17-16 08:07 PM
    Then why open a thread entitled Who is thinking about ditching their Blackberry for the new (insert alternative device/manufacturer/OS here)? Other than to read about other manufactures of phones so you can then moan and complain.

Seems like your the one who's misguided.
    Well that's a good question, why not just go to the devices site? And as for being misguided I make my own observations of topics and remark as I see fit.
    06-17-16 08:15 PM
    Actually, the answer was in appropriate context in relation to the question and thread posed.
    How so please? went back to the post and my response seems OK to me. If I am considering a different model of phone I would go to a different form.
    06-17-16 08:24 PM
    Hell no, not me
    06-18-16 12:28 AM
    If you don't like the thread, don't read it. Simple.
    cribble2k likes this.
    06-18-16 01:13 AM
    Yup, that's what you get when you dare say anything negative about or thinking about moving away from a BlackBerry.

Just remember opions are like bungholes every one has one!
    And they all smell the same.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    06-18-16 06:17 AM
    How so please? went back to the post and my response seems OK to me. If I am considering a different model of phone I would go to a different form.
    Expanding his opinion beyond the listed option is acceptable, carrying along inside the topic, and participation in the thread without telling people where they can post or not are perfectly acceptable behaviors within the forum.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-18-16 07:35 AM
    I love my Passport for work. I don't think there is any phone that can compete. The hub, the keyboard and the multi-tasking is great.

What I don't like is the app selection, yes we have heard it all before. The Sirius, Spotify and many other Android apps work on the Passport but they really don't work well. Lots of freezing and the slow starts are getting more and more frustrating as time goes on.

I was at a party last weekend and people asked about my phone and we're truly interested in it. Then, as I left it on the table playing Spotify people were searching for songs to play and it would hesitate and jerk and freeze, the experience was pretty poor and somewhat embarrassing. They would ask me why it was doing that and I'd explain that it's an Android app and they don't work very well but they do work. A friend pulled out his old Samsung Galaxy S2 and loaded up the Spotify app and it was smooth like butter. Basically I'd like a great experience with my phone for work and for play. I don't want to carry 2 devices.

I thought about the Priv but I really don't see BlackBerry being in the hardware business for long and the reviews really aren't that glowing. The only reason I would go with the Priv would be for the keyboard. I have seen it and typed on it and it is so cramped that I'd probably just end up using the on screen keyboard. The back of the phone feels so cheap and the price is out of whack.

The Note 7 will have the absolute top specs and maybe a few tricks. The S-pen looks like it might be kind of useful for my work. Its going to have a huge battery and a hub like feature and camera that will be a zillion times better then anything I have ever used on a smartphone. If they can make the hub even half as good as BlackBerry then it should be a killer feature.

I find myself less and less interested in the BlackBerry brand and it's really a shame. They let the hardware business slide through their fingers with poor marketing, product delays and lack of vision and slowly they are losing dedicated customers like myself. I have never owned a smart phone that wasn't a Blackberry.

That's my rant, what are your thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    The reality is that if you are a heavy app user you need an iPhone or droid. If you are security and privacy minded you need a BB10 or a black phone.

It is basically that simple.
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    06-18-16 09:58 AM
    No one questioned his loyalty.. The topic of the thread was clear, ditching BlackBerry for another brand
    The word "ditching" was confrontational right up front so it set a bad tone to the whole thread, hopefully unintentionally. Many likely just rolled their eyes, reading it, thinking "Here we go again"!

BB, Still the One
    Sairos likes this.
    06-18-16 10:19 AM
    Just to be clear and sum all of this up for ya'll, BlackBerry builds the best and OP should just stick with the best. BlackBerry has always been the best and even legacy BlackBerry devices are still better than the note whatever. LMAO, just jokes, trying to be funny
    TCB on Z10 and TgeekB like this.
    06-18-16 07:16 PM
    or am i?
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    06-18-16 07:18 PM
    Just to be clear and sum all of this up for ya'll, BlackBerry builds the best and OP should just stick with the best. BlackBerry has always been the best and even legacy BlackBerry devices are still better than the note whatever. LMAO, just jokes, trying to be funny
    I'm a note owner and I'm not even offended..Long lives BlackBerry.
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    06-18-16 07:50 PM
    I am seriously looking at the Note 7. Will be leaving blackberry. I am finding more and more I am out of the loop with the popular apps being used by people. If I do not like the 7. I will just get an iphone and say F it all.
    06-18-16 09:18 PM
    Some of us with more self confidence relish the opportunity to say f it all and would like nothing more than being out of the loop with the more popular apps. The money saved can then be frittered away on bikes, babes and beer, all of which I've had too much of today.

Via Q5 and the only app that matters ....Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10, Avenzuno and raves68 like this.
    06-18-16 09:49 PM
    I am seriously looking at the Note 7. Will be leaving blackberry. I am finding more and more I am out of the loop with the popular apps being used by people. If I do not like the 7. I will just get an iphone and say F it all.
    If its the apps you're looking for.. then maybe Android By BlackBerry?..
    06-18-16 09:50 PM
83 1234