specs are not even an issue in 2016 and every device built in 2015, 2014, and even 2013 are all still perfectly good and there is no need to chase specs, ever
    it's impossible to have the latest specs, because nothing consumer facing will ever be "the latest specs" and the vast majority of consumers have no idea why they need specs to begin with, let alone use the device specs they have to their full capacity
    Chasing Specs is like chasing ghosts.. You'll never catch one xD.. I've a device from 2013 and its still running pretty good in 2016.. With only 1/2GB RAM difference from devices released nowadays.. And rocking a 3100 mAH battery which still gets released in most devices in 2016..

Companies keep people hooked on the latest specs dream.. They could have made a 6 GB RAM device from 1/2 years.. But no it doesn't work that way.. Lets give them 3GB RAM first, then 4GB RAM, then 6GB RAM.. so we can keep selling and they keep buying.. There is no need for higher specs unless they've introduced something so powerful that leaves your device pretty weak when running it..
    gebco and sandpenguin like this.
    06-16-16 04:58 PM
    I still own Galaxy Note 2 and I love it. I loaded a custom ROM onto it so it has a few features from Note 4. The S-pen is not perfect but it has been quite useful.

From what I read Galaxy Note 7 seems to be a wonderful device. When the time comes to replace my Z30 I will be seriously considering it.

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    neoberry99 and Alain_A like this.
    06-16-16 04:59 PM
    I still own Galaxy Note 2 and I love it. I loaded a custom ROM onto it so it has a few features from Note 4. The S-pen is not perfect but it has been quite useful.

From what I read Galaxy Note 7 seems to be a wonderful device. When the time comes to replace my Z30 I will be seriously considering it.

Posted via my Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    by the time you're ready to upgrade, there will be 3 BlackBerry's running Android and i suggest you stick with your current brand of choice because you're already a valued client and these new BlackBerry devices will be great choices
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    06-16-16 05:47 PM
    The hostile or unfriendly replies are normal.. Guys you've to understand, this is a BlackBerry forum.. and you come here making posts about ditching your BlackBerry and changing to another brand.. What kind of response do you expect to get?
    Given that he's looking to purchase a new device, it's not out of the realm of possibility that perhaps he's looking for BB users to give him more information as to why NOT to change platforms. This guy hasn't fully decided to ditch BB. He's tempted to jump, but keeping his options open decided to be convinced, and perhaps looking for support not to do so. He all but gave you an opportunity to recommend otherwise. But hey, making the assumption about brand loyalty for him will probably push him over to the other side of the fence. Well done.

Interesting that nobody asked him "what are you looking for, what are your needs, what's your best avenue for tech support". The three most important questions to ask. Yet nobody took the time. Good job.
    06-16-16 06:08 PM
    Given that he's looking to purchase a new device, it's not out of the realm of possibility that perhaps he's looking for BB users to give him more information as to why NOT to change platforms. This guy hasn't fully decided to ditch BB. He's tempted to jump, but keeping his options open decided to be convinced, and perhaps looking for support not to do so. He all but gave you an opportunity to recommend otherwise. But hey, making the assumption about brand loyalty for him will probably push him over to the other side of the fence. Well done.

Interesting that nobody asked him "what are you looking for, what are your needs, what's your best avenue for tech support". The three most important questions to ask. Yet nobody took the time. Good job.
    No one questioned his loyalty.. The topic of the thread was clear, ditching BlackBerry for another brand.. He wasn't looking for advice on why not to change platforms.. He is already quite knowledgeable about BB and its OS.. and I'm sure he already knows about the Priv.. Seems like it doesn't suit him.. Otherwise he would've said Priv Or Note7? ..

The topic was focused on "Samsung Note 7".. Which is another brand's device.. I'm not going to discuss that here, I'll happily talk about the note for days in android central.. I'll even Recommend other devices and ask him all the questions you mentioned.. But Obviously he had his mind set on getting an android device which is not a BlackBerry, thus its a discussion for another forum, Not CrackBerry.
    acovey, gritsinct and schlemer like this.
    06-16-16 06:41 PM
    Thanks for all the comments. I understand that this a BlackBerry forum. I have been following it for years. It's my community as much as it everyone else's. My topic should be in this forum. I was discussing Blackberry. I didn't ask for information on the Note. I asked BlackBerry users if they were experiencing the same frustration to the point of wanting to try something else.

These forums have changed just like the brand and not in a good way. If I do switch devices I'll probably still visit this forum although I'm not sure why.

Again, thank you to those with constructive interesting replies. To the others.....nah never mind.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 06:57 PM
    I asked BlackBerry users if they were experiencing the same frustration to the point of wanting to try something else.
    You can buy the PRIV and have the full android experience.. I understand your frustration.. I'm a music addict myself and spotify is quite important for me.. Get the Priv and you'll have both worlds.. Android + BlackBerry with all its glory (Keyboard, Hub, Elegant Build)..

The Priv is now available on Ebay and lots of websites for $350-380.. That's a great price.. The price matches the specs and the condition of the market so you're not overpaying.. You can also consider the two new android devices that are coming later.. I'm sure they'll be great..
    06-16-16 07:04 PM
    Pretty hostile replies. I guess I should have expected that. Grumpy BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    Yep we've become CrankyBerries

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 07:20 PM
    Pretty hostile replies. I guess I should have expected that. Grumpy BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    I used to be one of them. Things change. I'll bite.

My niece has a Galaxy, when her sister decided it was time to mothball her Z10 she initially wanted a Sammy. I went shopping with her and ended up really wanting a Sony Xperia. I talked her into it, she's quite happy. To me the Galaxy phones are just too plastic, the Sony has the feel I like, metal and glass, feels solid.

So, my Passport and I, as much as I love it, aren't a super fit anymore. Same as you, for work it's fantastic but for fun, it's starting to stutter and freeze on me. What I used to like is how smooth it was. Now not so much. Also I find myself envious of all the fitness accessories that are native for everyone else. I love how BB10 works, but I'm willing to admit the game is pretty much over and the comeback isn't happening.

I'm considering the Sony XA Performance when it is released later this month. In white I think.

I'm not sure if I will retire my Passport or not. I enjoy its uniqueness. I may use it for work still to keep the temptation of wasting time on social apps to a minimum.

I guess I will have to see how well I readjust to full touch.

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    06-16-16 07:56 PM
    To me the Galaxy phones are just too plastic, the Sony has the feel I like, metal and glass, feels solid.

I'm not sure if I will retire my Passport or not. I enjoy its uniqueness. I may use it for work still to keep the temptation of wasting time on social apps to a minimum.

They ceased to become plastic since the S6.. Their UI (Touchwiz) is awful though.. Anyway, I think keeping the passport would be a good idea.. With all the options out there, many people carry on with two devices.. The Passport can act as your Professional work device.. It'll help you with E-mail, proper typing and Of course the security.. You can also do your financial transactions on them using the browser.. Personally, its the right fit for me..
    06-16-16 08:43 PM
    They ceased to become plastic since the S6.. Their UI (Touchwiz) is awful though.. Anyway, I think keeping the passport would be a good idea.. With all the options out there, many people carry on with two devices.. The Passport can act as your Professional work device.. It'll help you with E-mail, proper typing and Of course the security.. You can also do your financial transactions on them using the browser.. Personally, its the right fit for me..
    I had a Samsung tablet. I gave it to my sister. I don't like their spin on Android. I bought a Lenovo instead, very happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 08:45 PM
    To the OP, with all due respect, your fascination with hardware specs clearly makes you Android-centric, because that's all Samsung Galaxy 7 owners talk about. To me that's superficial. IMO, you need a second device for personal use. It appears impressing your friends with your hardware is more important. I've been an Apple fan for years not because of hardware specs, but because of how the OS and apps combined with decent hardware gives me the best overall smartphone experience. If apps and hardware specs are more important, then you should spend megabucks on a Note 7. I've owned phones with all OSes. Android bothers me because of all the suspect processes running underneath, constant patching to fend off malware, too much swiping, etc. I use not two but three devices (iPhone 6 Plus, Z30 & Classic). I have the best of both worlds. For you, I suggest pairing your Passport with an iPhone 6s. That's my rant.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    06-16-16 08:59 PM
    This is such a friendly atmosphere we have at CB.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    That's NOT un-friendly, just an observation. I don't come to Crackberry to read about other manufactures of phones there are other sites for that.
    Sairos likes this.
    06-16-16 09:31 PM
    I used to be one of them. Things change. I'll bite.

My niece has a Galaxy, when her sister decided it was time to mothball her Z10 she initially wanted a Sammy. I went shopping with her and ended up really wanting a Sony Xperia. I talked her into it, she's quite happy. To me the Galaxy phones are just too plastic, the Sony has the feel I like, metal and glass, feels solid.

So, my Passport and I, as much as I love it, aren't a super fit anymore. Same as you, for work it's fantastic but for fun, it's starting to stutter and freeze on me. What I used to like is how smooth it was. Now not so much. Also I find myself envious of all the fitness accessories that are native for everyone else. I love how BB10 works, but I'm willing to admit the game is pretty much over and the comeback isn't happening.

I'm considering the Sony XA Performance when it is released later this month. In white I think.

Posted via CB10
    I find that my little Q5 is perfect for exercising as it fits in any arm bands and even pockets, while the larger fancy phones aren't so convenient. I also find most of that exercise accessory stuff useless. You need a good pair of running shoes and/or a bicycle. The more accessories you have, the more time you spend getting them ready and not exercising.

Posted via CB10
    last_attempt likes this.
    06-16-16 09:58 PM
    I find that my little Q5 is perfect for exercising as it fits in any arm bands and even pockets, while the larger fancy phones aren't so convenient. I also find most of that exercise accessory stuff useless. You need a good pair of running shoes and/or a bicycle. The more accessories you have, the more time you spend getting them ready and not exercising.

Posted via CB10
    A lot of things are not convenient for the large screen phones but the world nowadays thinks otherwise.. I still remember when they used to criticize a phone because its big..

Exercise accessories are the most useless invention ever.. I find that you only need your phone + Ear/Headphones for music.
    06-16-16 10:23 PM
    Android crap never! BB10 is the best!

  
    jope28, Avenzuno and to boldly go like this.
    06-16-16 11:43 PM
    Then your in the wrong form.
    Not really.

This site needs all the ad revenue it can get, thus, anyone is welcome.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-16-16 11:49 PM
    excellent point, i feel this way too

what is the purpose of that i wonder? i would literally never go into an iphone or samsung forum simply to bash their brands and users - or to ask them why they do not switch to BlackBerry - instead, i find myself needing to defend BlackBerry at CrackBerry from time to time and that is so weird to me... (sometimes i sort of diss other brands in here, but that's okay because it's in here... a BlackBerry forum - just like it would be okay for an iphone user to share their possibly negative opinion of a competing brand - but that's okay, because they're in their respective brands forum environment)

anyway, there's some psychology to it, but i am no professional psychologist LOL

this is a BlackBerry fan forum designed from the ground up for BlackBerry fans who enjoy the brand, devices, and chatting with like minded people

oh well, cannot change the world so what do i choose? to be positive and try and help people as much as i can in here when i can (and even that is mostly thankless and gets rebutted at times, LMAO, really? yep), as well as share reasonable opinions and whatnot...
    I believe that the psychological term is called trolling.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 12:18 AM
    Not really.

This site needs all the ad revenue it can get, thus, anyone is welcome.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Okay Fantastic, Lets start discussing iPhone & other Apple products so iSheep fans would migrate here haha.. That should get CrackBerry all the ad revenue in the world..
    06-17-16 12:38 AM
    Only if I get it as a gift, or as a prize.
    06-17-16 07:05 AM
    If you're on the fence, here's two of my experiences about 5 days into owning a Priv......

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1076764/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12472527

It ain't a cheap device. Know what you're getting into and ask your provider about the return window.
    06-17-16 08:44 AM
    Well, OP is right. That sounds like a good plan. NOTE 7 and/or Iphone 7
    06-17-16 09:24 AM
    Is so, get OnePlus Three, it has certainly better prize/what you get ratio than any samsung.
    Also, it will get cyanogen, so it you feel just a little adventurous, it will be there for you.
    Check some reviews, I had no complaint.
    06-17-16 09:55 AM
    That's NOT un-friendly, just an observation. I don't come to Crackberry to read about other manufactures of phones there are other sites for that.
    Then why open a thread entitled Who is thinking about ditching their Blackberry for the new (insert alternative device/manufacturer/OS here)? Other than to read about other manufactures of phones so you can then moan and complain.

Seems like your the one who's misguided.
    06-17-16 10:16 AM
    Once you try the new Note (it's actually Note 6, not 7), you will probably change your mind. This is coming from a former Note user. The Note 5 was atrocious. Beautiful design, terrible function.
    06-17-16 11:21 AM
83 1234