I love my Passport for work. I don't think there is any phone that can compete. The hub, the keyboard and the multi-tasking is great.

What I don't like is the app selection, yes we have heard it all before. The Sirius, Spotify and many other Android apps work on the Passport but they really don't work well. Lots of freezing and the slow starts are getting more and more frustrating as time goes on.

I was at a party last weekend and people asked about my phone and we're truly interested in it. Then, as I left it on the table playing Spotify people were searching for songs to play and it would hesitate and jerk and freeze, the experience was pretty poor and somewhat embarrassing. They would ask me why it was doing that and I'd explain that it's an Android app and they don't work very well but they do work. A friend pulled out his old Samsung Galaxy S2 and loaded up the Spotify app and it was smooth like butter. Basically I'd like a great experience with my phone for work and for play. I don't want to carry 2 devices.

I thought about the Priv but I really don't see BlackBerry being in the hardware business for long and the reviews really aren't that glowing. The only reason I would go with the Priv would be for the keyboard. I have seen it and typed on it and it is so cramped that I'd probably just end up using the on screen keyboard. The back of the phone feels so cheap and the price is out of whack.

The Note 7 will have the absolute top specs and maybe a few tricks. The S-pen looks like it might be kind of useful for my work. Its going to have a huge battery and a hub like feature and camera that will be a zillion times better then anything I have ever used on a smartphone. If they can make the hub even half as good as BlackBerry then it should be a killer feature.

I find myself less and less interested in the BlackBerry brand and it's really a shame. They let the hardware business slide through their fingers with poor marketing, product delays and lack of vision and slowly they are losing dedicated customers like myself. I have never owned a smart phone that wasn't a Blackberry.

That's my rant, what are your thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    enrod87 likes this.
    06-15-16 04:20 PM
    never
    rarsen and David Tyler like this.
    06-15-16 04:41 PM
    keeping my Priv because i love it and it works great for me - although, i have been saying how much i want to go back to a Z10 lately, just for the spite of it all
    06-15-16 04:41 PM
    specs are not even an issue in 2016 and every device built in 2015, 2014, and even 2013 are all still perfectly good and there is no need to chase specs, ever

it's impossible to have the latest specs, because nothing consumer facing will ever be "the latest specs" and the vast majority of consumers have no idea why they need specs to begin with, let alone use the device specs they have to their full capacity

whatevz
    Sairos, rarsen and Bay 13 like this.
    06-15-16 04:43 PM
    Samsung seems to spit out a new phone every 2 months.

As far as music goes, I use an sd card. No data required.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 08:31 PM
    Looks like you have done a good job to convince yourself to ditch BlackBerry and go for the alternatives IMHO.
    06-15-16 08:53 PM
    Considering the next new note or a nexus
    06-15-16 10:57 PM
    I love my Passport for work. I don't think there is any phone that can compete. The hub, the keyboard and the multi-tasking is great.

What I don't like is the app selection, yes we have heard it all before. The Sirius, Spotify and many other Android apps work on the Passport but they really don't work well. Lots of freezing and the slow starts are getting more and more frustrating as time goes on.

I was at a party last weekend and people asked about my phone and we're truly interested in it. Then, as I left it on the table playing Spotify people were searching for songs to play and it would hesitate and jerk and freeze, the experience was pretty poor and somewhat embarrassing. They would ask me why it was doing that and I'd explain that it's an Android app and they don't work very well but they do work. A friend pulled out his old Samsung Galaxy S2 and loaded up the Spotify app and it was smooth like butter. Basically I'd like a great experience with my phone for work and for play. I don't want to carry 2 devices.

I thought about the Priv but I really don't see BlackBerry being in the hardware business for long and the reviews really aren't that glowing. The only reason I would go with the Priv would be for the keyboard. I have seen it and typed on it and it is so cramped that I'd probably just end up using the on screen keyboard. The back of the phone feels so cheap and the price is out of whack.

The Note 7 will have the absolute top specs and maybe a few tricks. The S-pen looks like it might be kind of useful for my work. Its going to have a huge battery and a hub like feature and camera that will be a zillion times better then anything I have ever used on a smartphone. If they can make the hub even half as good as BlackBerry then it should be a killer feature.

I find myself less and less interested in the BlackBerry brand and it's really a shame. They let the hardware business slide through their fingers with poor marketing, product delays and lack of vision and slowly they are losing dedicated customers like myself. I have never owned a smart phone that wasn't a Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    When you leave Blackberry PLEASE leave Crackberry and move to an Android form, thanks
    Im Mo Green and skstrials like this.
    06-15-16 11:36 PM
    Considering the next new note or a nexus
    Then your in the wrong form.
    06-15-16 11:37 PM
    No one will force you to stick with a brand you don't want.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 12:41 AM
    Then your in the wrong form.
    This is such a friendly atmosphere we have at CB.

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    06-16-16 05:16 AM
    No note , No prev , No berry till next 10 .
    06-16-16 05:41 AM
    Pretty hostile replies. I guess I should have expected that. Grumpy BlackBerry fans.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) and xtremeled like this.
    06-16-16 05:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Go for it!

I'll be upgrading to the Note 7 from my Note 4.
    The Galaxy Note range is in a league of its own really, a huge portion of us who use Notes won't settle for anything else now.

I got my Note 4 on launch day in 2014, and nothing released between then and now can fully replace it.

- 5.8inch QHD SuperAMOLED -will probably be the best smartphone display so far
    - Snapdragon 823
    - 6GB RAM
    - SPen Suite with further improved Multiwindow Multitasking
    - Probably the best camera on a phone so far
    - Google Daydream VR Support
    - 4000mAh battery

It's going to be quite the beast.
    enrod87 and Alain_A like this.
    06-16-16 05:53 AM
    Yeah, a bit grumpy indeed. I can't say that I blame them. Blackberry fans (fanatics) are a passionate, loyal, and hopeful group (me included). However, after many years of "stick a fork in it, she's done" or "last nail in the coffin" terms, get a bit old. So while I have no issues with what you are saying and understand why you would want a device capable of running the latest and greatest apps. To some, it is just beating, kicking and stomping a dead horse. I feel that some of us (correct me if I'm wrong guys) are a little tired of the doom and gloom. We know what mistakes were made (books were written ). Still, some of us are still here.

Now, I know it may seem a bit silly, but if you look around. You will find some users that were so supportive, they bought stock They bought all of the latest devices and happily gave their input, despite the possibility of failure. Look, there is no doubt that Samsung knocked it out of the park with the S7 series. I know, my daughter loves hers. For me, my Classic/Passport combo is all I need at this stage of the game.

Anyway, that's just my view on things. BTW, Android Central has a wonderful group that will also tell you the good vs bad of things. It's really nice reading perspectives on both sides. Enjoy your Samsung.
    06-16-16 06:32 AM
    I own stock. I bought at $110 and have held it all the way. Needless to say I lost my shirt, pants and socks. I am and have been a loyal fan for a decade. I hold out hope for a new BlackBerry 10 device and that the company can be a success with or without devices. I still haven't decided if I'll get the Note since my Passport is such an awesome phone. I don't know if I'll be able give it up.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 06:41 AM

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 
    06-16-16 06:50 AM
    I own stock. I bought at $110 and have held it all the way. Needless to say I lost my shirt, pants and socks. I am and have been a loyal fan for a decade. I hold out hope for a new BlackBerry 10 device and that the company can be a success with or without devices. I still haven't decided if I'll get the Note since my Passport is such an awesome phone. I don't know if I'll be able give it up.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry about the loss. I was on the fence myself about buying stock. I was trying to be optimistic remembering the big turn around Apple had in '98.

Yes, you are spot on. The Passport is an awesome phone. Let's not kid ourselves though. The Note line has been awesome in it's own right. You could just get it and run it in tandem with your PP for the trail period. That's what I normally do if I am unsure. If you stay with BB or go Android, only you know what your needs are (obviously). As the saying goes, "You'll never know unless you try".
    bmorgan67 likes this.
    06-16-16 06:53 AM
    No.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-16-16 07:35 AM
    Do what you feel is best for you OP. You have been a loyal fan buying the Passport, buying stock, you can't ask for much more. Now you want a better experience.
    06-16-16 02:38 PM
    Go for it!

The Galaxy Note range is in a league of its own really, a huge portion of us who use Notes won't settle for anything else now.

I got my Note 4 on launch day in 2014, and nothing released between then and now can fully replace it.

- Snapdragon 823
    - 6GB RAM
    - 4000mAh battery

Can't wait.
    06-16-16 03:06 PM
    Go for it!

- Snapdragon 823
    - 6GB RAM
    - 4000mAh battery

Bluetooth version 5?
    Great quality performance on BT headphones is highly desirable.

I can't imagine leaving BB10 any time soon, but if I "had" to, the Note line might tempt me since there aren't physical keyboards I like outside of BB10.

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    06-16-16 03:16 PM
    specs are not even an issue in 2016 and every device built in 2015, 2014, and even 2013 are all still perfectly good and there is no need to chase specs, ever

it's impossible to have the latest specs, because nothing consumer facing will ever be "the latest specs" and the vast majority of consumers have no idea why they need specs to begin with, let alone use the device specs they have to their full capacity

whatevz
    My Passport could do well with some more RAM. I'm a browser tabs addict and leave apps open... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    06-16-16 03:39 PM
    The hostile or unfriendly replies are normal.. Guys you've to understand, this is a BlackBerry forum.. and you come here making posts about ditching your BlackBerry and changing to another brand.. What kind of response do you expect to get? There are 3 other forums (Android/iOS/Win).. You can just go to your target OS' form and post about getting a Note 7.. (This is coming from a Note owner).

Its like going to a fan website of a certain club or team.. and telling them Hey Guys.. What about ditching our team and cheering for another team?.. Instead You should just go to the other team's fan site and talk about it there..
    gritsinct and TCB on Z10 like this.
    06-16-16 03:40 PM
    The hostile or unfriendly replies are normal.. Guys you've to understand, this is a BlackBerry forum.. and you come here making posts about ditching your BlackBerry and changing to another brand.. What kind of response do you expect to get? There are 3 other forums (Android/iOS/Win).. You can just go to your target OS' form and post about getting a Note 7.. (This is coming from a Note owner).

Its like going to a fan website of a certain club or team.. and telling them Hey Guys.. What about ditching our team and cheering for another team?.. Instead You should just go to the other team's fan site and talk about it there..
    excellent point, i feel this way too

what is the purpose of that i wonder? i would literally never go into an iphone or samsung forum simply to bash their brands and users - or to ask them why they do not switch to BlackBerry - instead, i find myself needing to defend BlackBerry at CrackBerry from time to time and that is so weird to me... (sometimes i sort of diss other brands in here, but that's okay because it's in here... a BlackBerry forum - just like it would be okay for an iphone user to share their possibly negative opinion of a competing brand - but that's okay, because they're in their respective brands forum environment)

anyway, there's some psychology to it, but i am no professional psychologist LOL

this is a BlackBerry fan forum designed from the ground up for BlackBerry fans who enjoy the brand, devices, and chatting with like minded people

oh well, cannot change the world so what do i choose? to be positive and try and help people as much as i can in here when i can (and even that is mostly thankless and gets rebutted at times, LMAO, really? yep), as well as share reasonable opinions and whatnot...
    Sairos, rarsen, Gebo and 3 others like this.
    06-16-16 04:15 PM
83 123 ...