BlackBerry 10 is not dead, and is not going to die. It will stay and maintain as an alternative OS to those who seeks for efficiency, productivity and security.

It remained as a unique OS by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    How is it not dead? Is there anymore BB10 phones that's being produced? Almost every developer is ditching the OS. An update is supposed to be out by the end of this month and all it is is a security update. Sad to believe but BB10 is dead...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 03:16 AM
    How is it not dead? Is there anymore BB10 phones that's being produced? Almost every developer is ditching the OS. An update is supposed to be out by the end of this month and all it is is a security update. Sad to believe but BB10 is dead...

Posted via CB10
    That's not 'dead'. Admittedly it's quite close to it, but technically it's not 'there' yet.. There is still time to administer adrenaline to the patient, but it will require someone to intervene to thwart Chairman Chen's dastardly plans.
    03-27-16 03:31 AM
    That's not 'dead'. Admittedly it's quite close to it, but technically it's not 'there' yet.. There is still time to administer adrenaline to the patient, but it will require someone to intervene to thwart Chairman Chen's dastardly plans.
    I'm as optimistic as you are but we both can't argue with the current state of the BB10.. unless the updates scheduled for BB10 can switch things up there's no hope of luring new customers to BlackBerry. All BlackBerry can do is move forward and go strong with Android. Maybe then they'll get enough reputation to the point where BlackBerry can release another version of their OS and people will scoop it up.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 04:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    You are being too excited with the updates, it will come! It is an complicated process, requires carrier approval etc. So there will be an update and you just need to wait.

Every developer is ditching the OS? Nope, only some developers.

To put it in a layman's term, we called it a security update. But there is actually OS bugs fixes in the update. Believe me or not, you will know it when you received the update.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 04:15 AM
    I just don't think they can or will go full Android. I think new BB10 phones will still be produced, just on a smaller scale and with older specs. I can't see them abandoning phones that are touted as the most secure phones on the planet to go to a platform that they can't say that with 100% accuracy.

There's still government agencies that rely on BlackBerry for true end to end encryption. I don't think they can say that about Android.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    03-27-16 08:25 AM
    BB10 is dead for sure. The only platform they can make any kind of money hardware wise is Android lol. If they fail with Android then they should just quit hardware division entirely.

Posted via CB10
    Do you know how many companies make a profit in the smartphone market? Two: Apple and Samsung, with Apple taking in 90% or more. The rest either break even or operate in the red. Quarter after quarter, year after year, this is the way it is. This is the market BB competes in today. Going all in with Android isn't going to change that. If using Android was the magic bullet some people think it is, every Android vendor would be prospering, but they aren't. BlackBerry will be no different.
    TGR1 and silversmith75 like this.
    03-27-16 08:57 AM
    I think you should listen to chen. He said no new bb10 device in 2016. He has never ever said he will never release bb10

Why you have to be a Debbie downer. We all know what is going on. Doesn't mean we have to like it. Doesn't mean we can't dream.

If you don't like what is in a thread back out and move on. Why write a post that shows how thick you are.
    Thank you and good night.

# love my bb10
    I think the fact that they will not release a new BB10 for at least a full calendar year says something. It's not being a Debbie downer to conclude things don't look good after that either. Perhaps April 1st will bring some truth from Blackberry.
    03-27-16 11:16 AM
    It's like a human in a vegetative state. Does that constitute life?
    03-27-16 11:18 AM
    Do you know how many companies make a profit in the smartphone market? Two: Apple and Samsung, with Apple taking in 90% or more. The rest either break even or operate in the red. Quarter after quarter, year after year, this is the way it is. This is the market BB competes in today. Going all in with Android isn't going to change that. If using Android was the magic bullet some people think it is, every Android vendor would be prospering, but they aren't. BlackBerry will be no different.
    Android would be a better choice than beating a dead horse such as BB10. They'd at least make more money with android than they ever did or will with BB10

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 12:58 PM

Lol... Converse with that patient's physician (or any number of sciences) and you'll eventually encounter some Neo Latin language. Valued specifically because it's "nearly dead" and, therefore, stable.

I can visualize certain customers valuing supreme stability and security of a "nearly dead" QNX OS with few apps. Maybe?
    03-27-16 03:04 PM
    Lol... Converse with that patient's physician (or any number of sciences) and you'll eventually encounter some Neo Latin language. Valued specifically because it's "nearly dead" and, therefore, stable.

I can visualize certain customers valuing supreme stability and security of a "nearly dead" QNX OS with few apps. Maybe?
    Sure there are! I wish there were enough to make it sustainable.
    Maybe if they make just the right combination of security and apps at an affordable price (listening Blackberry?). At this point I'm just not sure though.
    03-27-16 03:09 PM
    Yes, BB should get out of the smartphone business. As Chen said, if he can't make money there he would get out of it. BLackberry should go back to its core competency -- Blackberries. I mean literally blackberries. The produce business is a $5 billion per year business, and blackberries have been a growing segment of it. Last year alone blackberry sales increased by 10%.

Surely a visionary like Chen thought of this before taking the helm. There is so much value locked up in the company brand if they would just migrate out of the smartphone business. With Chen's marketing instincts, the world will soon think "Blackberry" when they think of any fruit, including "apple."
    Last edited by markmall; 03-27-16 at 05:05 PM.
    03-27-16 04:55 PM
    This has been my line of thinking along with the fact that enterprise users who will not abandon BB10 will need a updated phone sometime soon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App from a BlackBerry Priv
    03-27-16 05:31 PM
    I think I can take this analogy even further

It's like a human in a vegetative state, with a cancerous growth. The growth is removed (10.3.3 'update'), but it does little to restore consciousness.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-27-16 07:35 PM
    An all touch phone is exactly what BlackBerry needs. Physical keyboards are considered "old school" and a "gimmick" these days.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, Passport keyboard is old-school, ... and gimmicky... ;-D

Seriously, that flick-to-type is some real nice piece of innovation...

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-28-16 12:37 AM
    Yeah, Passport keyboard is old-school, ... and gimmicky... ;-D

Seriously, that flick-to-type is some real nice piece of innovation...

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Yes it is, in my opinion it is! But people don't these days don't like keyboards D:

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 12:43 AM
    I really like the dead keyboard on my dead Q5 with the dead bbos. In fact, I am beginning to like it more than when it was alive. Creepy yes, and while certainly falling short of necrophilia, I just love clicking on these keys.

Posted via CB10
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    03-28-16 08:52 AM
    Me! Me! Me!. With the awesome BB10 Os!

  
    03-28-16 11:57 AM
    I do!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 12:26 PM
    Me me me! And with the awesome BB10 os!

  
    03-28-16 12:44 PM
    Yes, z10 has sold in several million. Even the playbook sold more than 1M.
    The more important question is how many were sold for a profit. BlackBerry wrote off a lot of Z10 inventory. This does not mean they threw away the phones. BlackBerry did have to write off the cost between what they paid for the phones, and what they had planned to sell them for vs the actual sales price. I don't know about the Playbook finacials, I know they originally were trying ro sell them at close to iPad pricing, by the end I remember seeing fire sale prices.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    03-28-16 03:18 PM
    I really like the dead keyboard on my dead Q5 with the dead bbos. In fact, I am beginning to like it more than when it was alive. Creepy yes, and while certainly falling short of necrophilia, I just love clicking on these keys.

Posted via CB10
    You're dead too, we just haven't told you yet.
    03-28-16 04:08 PM
    To nitpick, we only really know for sure for publically owned companies that disclose earnings. But I think it is not likely the others make enough to significantly move those numbers.
    03-28-16 04:29 PM
73 123