Hardware designers do not design software: b10 or android.
    The original statement from Troy doesn't make sense unless Chen killed all hardware, whether it runs bb10 or android.
    A sizable group of hardware folks were laid off just following the Priv launch. A bigger group was laid off 9 months before that, so I'm fairly sure the folks who were let go were the ones who worked on the Priv. It's been no secret that BB has been letting their OEMs do most of the hardware development work for the last couple of years anyway. But why would they have a hardware team to release 1 phone per year? That's like paying for a live-in housekeeper who only cleans your house once a month - it doesn't make financial sense.
    03-25-16 10:18 AM
    At least the three principal designers of the PRIV are still with BlackBerry.
    03-25-16 02:28 PM
    Absolutely, I'd love it.

Also, a Classic2 with faster CPU would be excellent too.
    03-25-16 04:22 PM
    Absolutely, I'd love it.

Also, a Classic2 with faster CPU would be excellent too.
    Yes! A Classic 2 would be amazing. Either that or another Passport!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 05:00 PM
    personally i have them all from bold to z10 -q10-z30-classic and now the priv.......honestly the priv is just okay, bb10 is far better than my iPhone and this android. with that said the classic is a hard phone to let go of. i keep switching my sim card from priv to classic. but i have to say its even harder to let go of my z30. it has everything on it and the form factor, design and the way it feels and operates in the hands is awesome. i don't understand (i know why now) why you build a flagship worthy device, put it on a pedestal for 8 short months and then take it down and act is though it never existed. the classic is a classic for sure and its blackberry all the why but my z30 with black screen background, fast running and the call quality and sound system rocks.......with that said i would buy one no ? asked.
    i occasionally get the larger sim card and run on my z30 and when folks who care about their devices and see what i have they always ask me what is that, can i see it? i tell them all about the z30 and as they hold it in their hands and turn it on and run around it they to fall for the z30, they then ask me if i want to sell it!!!!!!!!
    bring it on blackberry, i want one. it takes blackberry addicts to inform people that blackberry still make the best handset. if i worked at my carrier (at&t) i would only sell blackberry. i would get the blackberry rep to set up an awesome blackberry showcase and i know i could sell them. blackberry and mainly the carriers need to get them into the hands of others. 'long live blackberry'
    I never understood what happened when the Z30 was released. It was a non-event. The only reason I found out about it was because I read CB every day. Nobody I know ever heard of it, even now.

I bought one on sale from Shopbb, and got another in trade from the CB Marketplace. I hope they last a looooong time, but just in case, I'm trying out a windows phone.

I would jump on an updated Z30, but not holding my breath!!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    03-25-16 05:11 PM
    The Z30 is a nice phone but certainly can stand a lot of improvements. I hate going outdoors and squinting and moving the phone around to try and see what is on the screen.
    03-25-16 05:50 PM
    Definitely yes to a Z50 and a Passport without PKB.

The market wants VKBs and the VKB of the Z30 is fantastic.
    03-25-16 08:22 PM
    personally i have them all from bold to z10 -q10-z30-classic and now the priv.......honestly the priv is just okay, bb10 is far better than my iPhone and this android. with that said the classic is a hard phone to let go of. i keep switching my sim card from priv to classic. but i have to say its even harder to let go of my z30. it has everything on it and the form factor, design and the way it feels and operates in the hands is awesome. i don't understand (i know why now) why you build a flagship worthy device, put it on a pedestal for 8 short months and then take it down and act is though it never existed. the classic is a classic for sure and its blackberry all the why but my z30 with black screen background, fast running and the call quality and sound system rocks.......with that said i would buy one no ? asked.
    i occasionally get the larger sim card and run on my z30 and when folks who care about their devices and see what i have they always ask me what is that, can i see it? i tell them all about the z30 and as they hold it in their hands and turn it on and run around it they to fall for the z30, they then ask me if i want to sell it!!!!!!!!
    bring it on blackberry, i want one. it takes blackberry addicts to inform people that blackberry still make the best handset. if i worked at my carrier (at&t) i would only sell blackberry. i would get the blackberry rep to set up an awesome blackberry showcase and i know i could sell them. blackberry and mainly the carriers need to get them into the hands of others. 'long live blackberry'
    That's the spirit, alright.
    03-25-16 11:37 PM
    I would totally buy one. But only if it had bb10

# love my bb10
    03-26-16 01:06 AM
    +1.

Z30 form with updated camera specs, photo quality and video quality (with built-in photo and video features such as slow-mo, timelapse, photo editing etc.) to match and exceed iPhone and S7 cameras. Reasonably priced. Good battery life and high performance specs. Maybe two models of Z30, one with 6" screen.
    03-26-16 05:06 AM
    I think people should listen to what Chen has said (loudly and publicly; again, and again, and again!)

There will be no BB10 phones, new or updated, ever again.

BB have neither the resources, nor the will, to continue with the BB10 OS (which is in maintenance) or the BB10 hardware.
    03-26-16 05:22 AM
    A new high end all touch 4.5" bb10 phone would be the cat's *** (meaning excellent).

Clicked from my low end pkb 3.1" bb10.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 09:12 AM
    Has Blackberry even sold a million of any one of their BB10 phones? I honestly don't know.

A powered up Z30 sounds intriguing though, but i feel that the specs you are talking would make the phone super expensive. The specs for the S7 blow the Priv out of the water and they still price it at pretty much the same price.

I want Blackberry to keep making phones, even it's an updated Leap and some form of keyboard variant every so often.
    03-26-16 09:24 AM
    Yes, using BB10. And the Android Runtime updated to 5.1.1 (equivalent to the latest version of Amazon's Fire OS). Keep the flame burning baby
    03-26-16 09:58 AM
    Personally i Think BlackBerry Should Launch a new Z30 and no more BB10 Devices, "For the People Who Love BB10". A Special limited 1 Million Edition.

With Quad Core, 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal, a 12 MP rear and 5 MP front camera and 10.3.4 OS, Android runtime for lolipop.

I'm pretty sure that could sold that 1 millions devices in one year. If goes well could make more.

I Know a lot of people that hold Z10,Q10 and Q5 waiting a new BB10 Device, people Who dont like Android or IOS, But two years with the same phone is a lot of time for most of the People.

No more BB10 Devices is equal to people moving to android (No PRIV) or IOS.

Posted via CB10
    What would they do with the 925,000 that dont sell. Every time I see a BB10 post I throw up in my mouth just a little bit. BB10 is DEAD!!!! It aint never coming back and more than likely, BB will get out of the handset business within the next couple of years.
    03-26-16 10:20 AM
    Has Blackberry even sold a million of any one of their BB10 phones? I honestly don't know.

A powered up Z30 sounds intriguing though, but i feel that the specs you are talking would make the phone super expensive. The specs for the S7 blow the Priv out of the water and they still price it at pretty much the same price.

I want Blackberry to keep making phones, even it's an updated Leap and some form of keyboard variant every so often.
    Yes, z10 has sold in several million. Even the playbook sold more than 1M.
    03-26-16 10:25 AM
    That sounds great. But from where are they gonna get the money to do it?
    Maybe a small loan of a million dollars. Oh wait...
    Last edited by Blackberry-Prince; 03-26-16 at 11:20 AM. Reason: not specified
    03-26-16 11:18 AM
    That sounds great. But from where are they gonna get the money to do it?
    Maybe a small loan of a million dollars. Oh wait...
    They do have several billion in the bank. They could AFFORD to make the phone, but the question is would they make money on it?

Only so many times they can release phones that are revenue neutral and don't bring in profit.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789 
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-26-16 02:52 PM
    Man I'd love to see this. Even though it's quite fictional seen BlackBerry's hardware ship is sinking forrrreal this time!

The only way I can see this happening is in case if BlackBerry had opened it's own store in the hottest place of the biggest capital cities (haha) and it would certainly would cost a heap of money
    03-26-16 03:09 PM
    Amazing the spirit and dreams of Blackberry 10 Loyalists.
    My Dream list
    - Upgraded Browser
    - Updated Runtime
    - Better Camera Front and Rear
    - Faster Processor
    - More Memory
    - More BB10 Buyers!!!

Reality
    I would love a new/upgrade device. However given the reality, the app problem, I don't think they should. Based on what John Chen has said it will not happen..
    03-26-16 07:08 PM
    I think people should listen to what Chen has said (loudly and publicly; again, and again, and again!)

There will be no BB10 phones, new or updated, ever again.

BB have neither the resources, nor the will, to continue with the BB10 OS (which is in maintenance) or the BB10 hardware.
    I think you should listen to chen. He said no new bb10 device in 2016. He has never ever said he will never release bb10

Why you have to be a Debbie downer. We all know what is going on. Doesn't mean we have to like it. Doesn't mean we can't dream.

If you don't like what is in a thread back out and move on. Why write a post that shows how thick you are.
    Thank you and good night.

# love my bb10
    03-26-16 10:54 PM
    I seriously think BlackBerry should just focus on making Android devices. The Priv is considered more than exceptionally well and are selling pretty well. I went into my local Tmobile shop and had a conversation with the manager there and I asked how the Priv was doing. Surprisingly, he said they were selling really good with only few returns from customers who were BB10 users. Android devices is where BlackBerry's future lies in terms of hardware division.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-27-16 12:59 AM
    I seriously think BlackBerry should just focus on making Android devices. The Priv is considered more than exceptionally well and are selling pretty well. I went into my local Tmobile shop and had a conversation with the manager there and I asked how the Priv was doing. Surprisingly, he said they were selling really good with only few returns from customers who were BB10 users. Android devices is where BlackBerry's future lies in terms of hardware division.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think that's necessarily true. They love to tout that BB10 is end to end encrypted. They can't say the same for Android. Do I think they are going to be releasing high powered phones? No. I think there is a better chance they stay in the mid to low range of devices with older specs like the Leap.

I think there will be no new development on BB10, just security updates.

All this could just be wishful thinking and BlackBerry could get out of the hardware business entirely tomorrow lol

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    03-27-16 01:17 AM
    I don't think that's necessarily true. They love to tout that BB10 is end to end encrypted. They can't say the same for Android. Do I think they are going to be releasing high powered phones? No. I think there is a better chance they stay in the mid to low range of devices with older specs like the Leap.

I think there will be no new development on BB10, just security updates.

All this could just be wishful thinking and BlackBerry could get out of the hardware business entirely tomorrow lol

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    BB10 is dead for sure. The only platform they can make any kind of money hardware wise is Android lol. If they fail with Android then they should just quit hardware division entirely.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 01:28 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is not dead, and is not going to die. It will stay and maintain as an alternative OS to those who seeks for efficiency, productivity and security.

It remained as a unique OS by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 03:11 AM
73 123