Spectator mode...

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 |10.2.1.2141 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    LOL........and many more. I read the comments by Chen same as others. Interesting times ahead if the leaks do dry up completely........followed by a Texas Style draught until the next OS release- especially since we know the carriers are really pushing the updates. Yeah......Uh-huh.
    03-26-14 08:08 PM
    Something you guys aren't looking at with the "leaks".

It's only ever built software that comes out, it's never raw source code. Security wise, it's still very much intact within the Blackberry dev team.

What we see is built code, which is more than likely given to certain employees to test on their devices. It only takes an employee a couple of commands to bag up the code and hand over to a "friend" to play around with.

I wouldn?t say it is released for beta testing, I'd say it is released the same way that pirates do it, for the thrill.

Z10 until Z30
    It looked like a rough working copy from some developer, then it got leak somehow and treated as gold. What that started off as a car could ended up as a minivan.
    03-26-14 09:27 PM
    They inspire you, they entertain you, and you end up learning a ton even when you don't know it.

Nicholas Sparks quotes
    03-26-14 10:51 PM
    It's kind of ironic that Blackberry can't even keep its own data secure yet they want to be the ones that secure other companies data.

Zed30
    03-26-14 11:06 PM
    I'd also like to know the answer to this

Posted via CB10
    Option 3 is the answer you seek. Some employees do not respect the NDA they signed at time of hire. Their lack of ethics reflect the toxic culture between management and staff. I doubt it has improved.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 11:48 PM
    If you don't know how to do something just say so. Lots of CBers are here to help.
    I just prefer not to use leaks.
    03-27-14 04:29 AM
    What a stupid question to ask on Crackberry.

You don't think that BB themselves is trying to get to the root of such a rhetorical question?

I'm really starting to wonder... everybody around here calls iPhone users stupid "sheep" yet we see completely ridiculous questions and threads such as this one posted hundreds of times a day.

I've begun to wonder who the "stupid" user base really is...
    Wow. So disrespectful, calling the BlackBerry user base stupid. Everybody around here calls the iPhone users stupid sheep? Really? Everyone?

Well since we here at CrackBerry are stupid and you are also part of this user base... it doesn't say much about your intelligence (or egregious lack thereof) to be hanging out with stupid people.

For the rest of my wonderful and intelligent CrackBerry Coterie, keep the comments coming! I am enjoying the comments and ideas.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 06:00 AM
    1. They are leaked by BlackBerry's R&D or Quality team to secretly get feedback from a larger sample of BlackBerry users
    2. Enthusiastic BlackBerry employees go against protocol and leak these Operating Systems just for the sheer desire of sharing it with other BlackBerry enthusiasts
    3. A rogue BlackBerry employee (or rogue employees) leak the OSes to a friend, who gives it another friend, who gives it to another friend, who gives it to another friend, who uploads it to a website where CrackBerry users and others can get it.
    All of the above depending on circumstances.
    • BlackBerry will leak or make it easier to leak an OS when it's stable enough to be tested and they're ready to collect feedback
    • Enthusiastic employees used to be able to share with other enthusiasts or friends outside the company by posting files on forums or sharing directly. This is now impossible without being traced and I suspect autoloaders of beta OS won't be installable on retail devices in the near future.
    • Carriers and select partners have early access to OS and people from these organisations are also humans who enjoy sharing exciting things with other humans. They can still share OS, but those are not early builds
    • Motivated individuals, either from within or from outside any of these companies may want to sell whatever they can get their hands on. Eventually someone leaks some of it online.

So today, we'll probably still have access to "leaks" of betas and gold releases made available from carriers and BlackBerry itself. It's not necessarily a bad thing as builds will be stable enough for day to day use and there should still be enough time to get new features in and bugs fixed.
    If that dries out, BlackBerry will lose their last non-corporate customers. They have a lot to prove since they're so behind in specs and features and since their release cycle is awful for people on some carriers. I don't think consumers will patiently wait to be underwhelmed as there are too many options available today.
    03-27-14 07:52 AM
    Some questions are not meant to be answered because mere mortals certainly could not handle the truth.

? BBM channeling at C003910CB (Tiger Daddy)
    03-27-14 08:16 AM
    Im more inclined to believe its an employee who secretly "leaks" the OS so a mass number of people can "beta test" it.
    It's the carriers who test that do the bulk of the leaking. BlackBerry gives devices and OSes to hundreds of carriers who's employees then handle it.

Want a real world example: Notice how few PlayBook leaks there were relative to Blackberry 10 leaks. One was almost exclusively internal, one was handed to the carrier network.
    03-27-14 12:19 PM
    It's the carriers who test that do the bulk of the leaking. BlackBerry gives devices and OSes to hundreds of carriers who's employees then handle it.

Want a real world example: Notice how few PlayBook leaks there were relative to Blackberry 10 leaks. One was almost exclusively internal, one was handed to the carrier network.
    Probably, although 10.3.0.140 is way too early to be looked at by a carrier.
    03-27-14 12:27 PM

You have a point here... This could be true

Probably, although 10.3.0.140 is way too early to be looked at by a carrier.
    While this is true for 10.3, I think RubberChicken's idea has merit... Never thought about that
    03-28-14 10:49 AM
    I've heard it from the CrackBerry podcasts and also from BlackBerry employees. There have been leaks that come from within BB, but employees get fired, sued and/or arrested if caught. Most leaks are through carriers... bigger pool, less concerned

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 10:58 AM
88 ... 234