A BlackBerry research monkey stole a banana with an SD card inside it that contains the OS files; the monkey eats the bananas and defecates where the SD card is mixed in with fecal matter and a traveler steps in monkey poo, realizes an SD card is on the bottom of his shoe, picks it out, goes home and tries it and realizes that a BlackBerry OS is contained therein.

(yeah, I was already beaten to it...but it made me laugh)
    03-26-14 09:55 AM
    I always thought leaks were sort of 'intentional' in a way of getting a ton of Beta testers and feelers out there.
    I enjoy trying out the leaks as I do with joining various Beta programs. It kind of makes you part of the process.
    03-26-14 09:57 AM
    Looks like John Chen isn't happy about this:

Taking Action to Stop Leaks | Inside BlackBerry
    peregrineay likes this.
    03-26-14 10:06 AM
    Great timing ...
    Looks like the answer to "who is responsible": a criminal!

I guess they really didn't want us to know that the Playbook is coming back?
    03-26-14 10:19 AM
    Mr.JOHN CHEN REALLY A FAST GUY
    EVERYDAY I AM LOVING HIM MORE
    03-26-14 10:22 AM
    The first rule of LeakClub is: You DO NOT talk about LeakClub.
    I've always found it odd that a company that is suppose to be so concerned about security leaks so badly. So they are letting it happen or security isn't a priority for them. And with all layoffs the leakers are still there what if the odds of that.

Posted via CB10
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    I've always found it odd that a company that is suppose to be so concerned about security leaks so badly. So they are letting it happen or security isn't a priority for them. And with all layoffs the leakers are still there what if the odds of that.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about that...the dude who leaked confidential info is being taken to court:

03-26-14 11:03 AM
    I say whoever is doing the leaking...keep up the good work!

More than likely it's someone on the inside of BB doing the business and I would like to thank him/her.

Let's not going all Scooby gang on this and really try to figure out whodunit...just keep the leaks coming oh great and powerful leak gawd!
    03-26-14 12:23 PM
    I think John Chen said it was Jay Z
    03-26-14 12:30 PM
    People who say it's for beta testing, then why is it the version that's leaked is always way behind the current version being tested? Obviously it's hard to know the current version being tested but take the latest leak, it's dated to early February (of the top of my head) hopefully BlackBerry are working on a much advanced version or they move really slow, so why test for a version that's already been progressed?? If BlackBerry wanted to beta test what's to stop them doing it officially? As I see it, leaks are just for fun so others can play around, I don't see the harm as long as it's clear that it's taken with massive grains of salt (dw about the rda) and it's clear that it's from the past and so not all things Mah pertain to the present.

In terms of devices etc, it happens every here and yeah I think it's a cutlery harmful if the device is known before BlackBerry plans it to be known because a lot of time and effort (hopefully) is put to the marketing strategy etc and that all goes up in smoke when things get disrupted by a leak.. jmo

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    03-26-14 12:36 PM
    All of us are Responsible
    03-26-14 12:39 PM
    I need to speak with Kevin. He assured me no one would find out it was me. Dagnabit! lol
    Didn't anyone tell you, can't trust Kevin... he has an iPhone

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    Last edited by MiSsY_; 03-26-14 at 08:37 PM.
    Mr.mister and all3n7 like this.
    03-26-14 01:05 PM
    I think the OP was Chen :-0!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 01:58 PM
    So with BlackBerry OS 10.3 being leaked, I began to wonder: Who is Responsible for OS leaks
    The muffin man. Oh, do you know the muffin man, that lives on Drury Lane?
    03-26-14 02:27 PM
    I've never used leaks and wouldn't. Everyone has their own preferences....but I prefer to wait till the finished version comes out.
    03-26-14 02:31 PM
    There is no real answer to this question.The info gets out not from the top but from the middle those that have info they should not have. I don't think this is a marketing issue.... my guess is R&D not realizing the potential damage it can cause. (nerds at work ) that lack the understanding of proper timing and the damage it can cause. The big guy is pissed off because someone leaked some critical new features not ready for prime time yet. (Timing is everything) Can't blame him....cause 10.3 is pretty innovative.
    03-26-14 02:53 PM
    What a stupid question to ask on Crackberry.

You don't think that BB themselves is trying to get to the root of such a rhetorical question?

I'm really starting to wonder... everybody around here calls iPhone users stupid "sheep" yet we see completely ridiculous questions and threads such as this one posted hundreds of times a day.

I've begun to wonder who the "stupid" user base really is...
    03-26-14 03:34 PM
    I've never used leaks and wouldn't. Everyone has their own preferences....but I prefer to wait till the finished version comes out.
    You are missing out.

" Initiated from my Q10 "
    03-26-14 04:02 PM
    If you don't know how to do something just say so. Lots of CBers are here to help.
    03-26-14 04:35 PM
    In my opinion things won't change...

But it's a good thing that mr Chen takes up its position on the subject.
    03-26-14 05:50 PM
    I am sure, that with all of the furniture moving BlackBerry is presently doing, there are many disgruntled employees trying to hurt their (previous) employer. I feel certain that a lot of the device leaks may be from the �guy� who e-mails, or saves on a thumb drive, a photo of the latest prototype to his buddy. Then it gets passed around.

I am of the opinion that a majority of the OS leaks are controlled leaks: Leaks of a nearly polished OS for the evaluation and testing in the largest test bed available � THE REAL WORLD. There is no way that this could be accomplished in the lab. The CrackBerry members are all too willing to oblige.

The current 10.3 leak was probably a result of the recent data breech. This has revealed potential prototype hardware and unleashed, from my readings of the forum, a very incomplete A version on the masses. The problem is that an OS, still in A, is being irresponsibly installed on the daily driver devices of those who want to be on the bleeding edge.

As an engineer, I know the importance of alpha and beta testing, before final release. I also know that, in the case of BBOS10, it is impossible to simulate or hard test every combination of device settings and app combinations. Hence, the controlled leak.

I also understand the interoperability testing of device, OS, and network combinations that the carriers do to certify certain combinations on their network, as well as the carriers� additions of bloatware. Being an AT&T customer, I was frustrated with the delay in releasing 10.2. So, I got another carrier�s version and loaded it. I did the same thing on my Bold 9900 (backup phone), and my old Curve (Which my 60 year-old mother loves).

Industrial espionage is a serious thing. (So is patent infringement.) This may have been the motivation of the data breech, and possibly the 10.3, leak. Coming from the �Intelligence World�, I know that it does not take much to assemble a few pieces of information, rumor, and extrapolated data into a �big picture�. This is where companies lose their edge. Competitors can use this information to narrow focus on developing competing technology or products and accelerate their release to gain the market edge. This is why so many companies file for patents, and defend them so strongly. Many companies will even do all the work for a patent application, wait months to file, and only file days before the including product is released.

Related fact: WD-40 was never patented to keep its ingredients secret, preventing competing products.
    Alain_A likes this.
    03-26-14 05:51 PM
    Something you guys aren't looking at with the "leaks".

It's only ever built software that comes out, it's never raw source code. Security wise, it's still very much intact within the Blackberry dev team.

What we see is built code, which is more than likely given to certain employees to test on their devices. It only takes an employee a couple of commands to bag up the code and hand over to a "friend" to play around with.

I wouldn?t say it is released for beta testing, I'd say it is released the same way that pirates do it, for the thrill.

Z10 until Z30
    03-26-14 05:56 PM
    I am sure, that with all of the furniture moving BlackBerry is presently doing, there are many disgruntled employees trying to hurt their (previous) employer. I feel certain that a lot of the device leaks may be from the “guy” who e-mails, or saves on a thumb drive, a photo of the latest prototype to his buddy. Then it gets passed around.

I am of the opinion that a majority of the OS leaks are controlled leaks: Leaks of a nearly polished OS for the evaluation and testing in the largest test bed available – THE REAL WORLD. There is no way that this could be accomplished in the lab. The CrackBerry members are all too willing to oblige.

The current 10.3 leak was probably a result of the recent data breech. This has revealed potential prototype hardware and unleashed, from my readings of the forum, a very incomplete A version on the masses. The problem is that an OS, still in A, is being irresponsibly installed on the daily driver devices of those who want to be on the bleeding edge.

As an engineer, I know the importance of alpha and beta testing, before final release. I also know that, in the case of BBOS10, it is impossible to simulate or hard test every combination of device settings and app combinations. Hence, the controlled leak.

I also understand the interoperability testing of device, OS, and network combinations that the carriers do to certify certain combinations on their network, as well as the carriers’ additions of bloatware. Being an AT&T customer, I was frustrated with the delay in releasing 10.2. So, I got another carrier’s version and loaded it. I did the same thing on my Bold 9900 (backup phone), and my old Curve (Which my 60 year-old mother loves).

Industrial espionage is a serious thing. (So is patent infringement.) This may have been the motivation of the data breech, and possibly the 10.3, leak. Coming from the “Intelligence World”, I know that it does not take much to assemble a few pieces of information, rumor, and extrapolated data into a “big picture”. This is where companies lose their edge. Competitors can use this information to narrow focus on developing competing technology or products and accelerate their release to gain the market edge. This is why so many companies file for patents, and defend them so strongly. Many companies will even do all the work for a patent application, wait months to file, and only file days before the including product is released.

Related fact: WD-40 was never patented to keep its ingredients secret, preventing competing products.
    So you don't think the ex-employees got a free OS as a parting gift?
    03-26-14 06:26 PM
    Larger user base feedback could be important aspect of further refining OS.
    03-26-14 06:37 PM
88 1234