With all these new devices coming out with rumored and pictured trackpad's I have to say I am not really looking forward to giving up the trusty trackball.
    Now I know people have some issues with them time after time but its a cheap DIY fix.

I have heard rumors that the pad dosen't respond well to clammy or damp fingers etc...

I don't know if I am the only one but I really like the look/feel of the trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 11:55 PM
    I love the trackball and definitely don't look forward to a trackpad
    09-15-09 11:58 PM
    I'm willing to give the trackpad a shot.

I hope that RIM can make the BB more water resistant, since the trackpad is flat and has no moving parts. The keypad just needs to be redesigned, perhaps with some kind of watertight membrane under the keys.

09-16-09 12:20 AM
    Water resistant???
    Did you see the video posted the other day. Lol
    This thing is unstoppable. lol

09-16-09 12:23 AM
    I had a chance to try a trackpad on an at&t windows mobile device and I absolutely fell in love with it. I can't wait till Blackberry adopts this...GOOD STUFF!!!

09-16-09 12:24 AM
    Once you go trackpad, you'll never go back.

09-16-09 01:21 AM
    I, for one, oppose change, and love my track ball.
    09-16-09 01:28 AM
    +1 for keeping the trackball
    09-16-09 09:00 AM
    The trackpad is not even on my radar. I truly could not care less.
    09-16-09 09:21 AM
    I don't want a trackpad...I love my TB.
    09-16-09 09:35 AM
    If you guys don't like the trackpad. Then don't buy a device that has one. You can't say you don't like the trackpad if you haven't tried one on a bb

09-16-09 09:46 AM
    I've had trackpads on every laptop I've owned since they first came out. I've seriously tried to like em but just can't say with any conviction that I do.
    09-16-09 09:57 AM
    I have used multiple trackpad devices, a couple on AT&T and I have to say it was the worst experience ever.

Granted I presume BB will thoroughly explore and test the trackpad before releasing it but the free-style and feeling you get from a TB is worlds apart from the TP.

why go to a pad? I just don't see any advantage, for waterproofing? How many calls do you need to make while in water? and if none, then why does your phone need to be water proof!?!?!
    09-16-09 09:58 AM
    I'd like to try the trackpad but I'm not dying to. I like the trackball but it's still growing on me honestly. It's got it's problems just like touchscreen and (I'm sure) the trackpad.

Hopefully the trackpad lives up to the hype.

why go to a pad? I just don't see any advantage, for waterproofing? How many calls do you need to make while in water? and if none, then why does your phone need to be water proof!?!?!
    Because accidents happen.
    09-16-09 10:05 AM
    I just don't see any advantage, for waterproofing? How many calls do you need to make while in water? and if none, then why does your phone need to be water proof!?!?!
    its not for aquatic conference calls. Its for all these crackberry users on here with the "oh my god I dropped my beloved BB in the can, or spilled whatever on it"

09-16-09 10:34 AM
    no trackpad in my future. I like the trackball and I can only surmise after handling the Storm and iPhone, ****, even my own copier at work with touch screens that that trackpad will give me nothing but problems.
    09-16-09 10:42 AM
    While I like the trackball, I wouldn't mind giving the trackpad a try. I figure AT&T will have the 9700 at upgrade time in January. If I don't like it, I still have my 8900.

09-16-09 10:52 AM
    If you guys don't like the trackpad. Then don't buy a device that has one. You can't say you don't like the trackpad if you haven't tried one on a bb

I have tried a trackpad, just not on a BB. I did not like it.

I've had trackpads on every laptop I've owned since they first came out. I've seriously tried to like em but just can't say with any conviction that I do.
    I do like trackpads on laptops better than conventional mice, but laptop trackpads are large enough to use easily.
    09-16-09 11:11 AM
    Screw both of them, give me back the Track Wheel any day of the week.
    09-16-09 11:25 AM
    I doubt I will have a preference. I'm wating for the tour 2 to come out and will be happy with whatever it has for scrolling.

09-16-09 12:37 PM
    I'm looking forward to trying the track pad

09-16-09 12:53 PM
    I love balls!
    09-16-09 12:58 PM
    i think if they can make the track pad less problematic than a track ball its win win but don t get me wrong i still love my track ball but change is welcomed if its worth it
    09-16-09 02:00 PM
    i am prob going to stop in at an att store when the onyx comes out next month to try it.

i just guess i like the ball because it has been nothing but reliable and convenient for me.

and tucg15 as do i. lol
    09-16-09 02:03 PM
    I haven't had a chance to try a trackpad for the bb, but I'm not exactly staining at the leash to try. My gut tells me a trackball is more accurate, but maybe they've done something with a trackpad that works better than the one on my laptop.

09-16-09 02:06 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD