Hello,

I'm fairly new over here. I am waiting for the BB Bold to be released in France.
    Right now I have an iPhone but the stupid price cut and the buggy 2.0 software have driven me insane.

So I would like to enter the BB world.

Has anyone migrated to BB from the iPhone?
    is the physic keyboard really superior? is the phone lighter? Does the battery last longer.
    I know you'll probably answer "yes" to my questions, you crackberry freaks

i'm just full of questions right now and i'm havin a hard time waiting for the Bold and not buying a Curve right away...
    08-18-08 06:16 AM
    I did! I had the first Iphone and the second one i phone 3G.hmm Both sucks! Iphone was not working out for me due to emails issues, carrier, and it was hard to type.
    I love BB keyboard, supper easy to use ! BB is a bit smaller then iphone. not sure if any lighter. I am a huge music type of person, BB actually not bad as the music player !
    Have fun when you get your BB!
    08-18-08 07:31 AM
    I dit it to !
    I had the first iPhone and was happy with it, but the second one looks cheap, fragile and buggy...
    My curve is so cooool !! I don't regret my iphone !! And having a real keyboard is so great !!!
    08-18-08 07:38 AM
    I didn't have an iPhone but I certainly considered it. In the end, it's all about the keyboard. I don't think you can possibly type as fast on an iPhone. The whole idea is getting e-mail and such and I just don't think anyone does that better than RIM. I've had my Pear for about 5 days now and I absolutely love it. I will NEVER be without my BlackBerry again.
    08-18-08 07:43 AM
    I bought the iPhone when it first came out. I had 3 replacements over the year. Then I got my blackberry bold 2 months ago, and I absolutely love it! Just 4 days ago I bought an iPhone 3G but after a few days and playing some pointless super monkey ball, I have to say the bold still has bigger balls than the iPhone. And to think of it I convinced 6 people to get the iPhone! Now I'm gonna do the same for the Bold.

Btw, I went to an apple store and showed off the blackberry bold to the employees. I told them, this **** is gonna kick ur iPhone business's ***. But I told them to be fair, I'll buy an iPhone 3G anyway (cause gadgets are always fun). Then they came up with some stupid stuff like, "does your bold have an accelerometer?" or "is that a keyboard and a small touchless screen?". Damn apple fanboys, when will they ever grow up.
    08-18-08 08:53 AM
    Friend of mine is a "phone hopper". Always saying his phone is the new hotness. Went from Two-way o sidekick, sidekick to iphone, iphone to instinct, instinct to blackberry.
    08-18-08 09:33 AM
    Thanks for your answers guys. But you know what really killed me the most?

Well I bought the iPhone the day it came out in France. I used to live in Nantes, a city which is not small but not a huge place either. I used to be somewhat "original", I only saw like 4 other iPhone there.
    Now that I am in Paris and that the iPhone 3G is so cheap... I feel like everybody has gotten this freaking phone... I'm hating it!!! I seriously see at least 5 iphoners each day... it's getting insane and I feel like I really need to change right now!!

I really hope that the Bold is not gonna create such a phenomenon. Well sure that'd be good for RIM but I guess Ii'm just a freaking geek that never wanna do like the masses... or a snobbish Macbook Pro user
    08-18-08 05:21 PM
    Thanks for your answers guys. But you know what really killed me the most?

Well I bought the iPhone the day it came out in France. I used to live in Nantes, a city which is not small but not a huge place either. I used to be somewhat "original", I only saw like 4 other iPhone there.
    Now that I am in Paris and that the iPhone 3G is so cheap... I feel like everybody has gotten this freaking phone... I'm hating it!!! I seriously see at least 5 iphoners each day... it's getting insane and I feel like I really need to change right now!!

I really hope that the Bold is not gonna create such a phenomenon. Well sure that'd be good for RIM but I guess Ii'm just a freaking geek that never wanna do like the masses... or a snobbish Macbook Pro user
    5 iPhoners per day? bahaha.....
    Oh man, I literally see thousands of iphone users every single day.
    In fact, BBs and iPhones are probably the two most popular phones where I live.

Anyway, enjoy whichever BB you decide to get!
    08-18-08 05:52 PM
    I am seriously thinking about dumping my original iphone for a blackberry bold when it comes to at&t. I have had the iphone for over a year now. I was going to get the 3g iphone but glad I did not. I have not because of the poor 3g reception rumors and the buggy 2.0 software on my current phone This is what I like about the iphone and what I hate:

Like: browser, ipod for video and music, sms threaded view, map application is powerful, calendar app syncs nicely with ical

hate: no sms forward, no mms, no cut and paste (I curse the lack of this many times over), lag on contacts, phone reception and audio quality is poor, no bt a2dp support, and no customizable tones for sms messages.

That said, I feel like the iphone is decent and the touch screen is really intuitive to use.

I basically use a phone to make calls, text, and keep appointments and contacts on. I use the ipod functions occasionally, I use the map application a lot to find local businesses. I use the browser to check out news sites. I check email often.

So will I like the BB bold over the iphone??? I wish someone could tell me, but I will let you know for sure!
    08-19-08 10:46 PM
    I am just not an Apple fan. The lack of a removable battery alone turns me off. And makes me wonder how their warranty program would work. (Battery has a shelf life of about 2 years, warranty is up around the same time) seems a bit shady to me. I'm not totally sure about that though.

Plus an iPhone would look a bit silly in my line of buisness.

I do have to admit though. The thing looks pretty nifty for a consumer device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 10:55 PM
    I have migrated from the iphone and while the iphone does have advantages (great looking gui, huge screen, and solid build quality on first gen) I must say that my curve is far more practical

08-19-08 11:18 PM
    The iPhone just looks so big. It always looks like a Nintendo DS or something when I see it on guys hips.

08-20-08 08:54 AM
    I think I will have to show my friend this thread. He keep saying the iphone is way better then the BB. Talking about nobody can touch Apple. Is he serious? lol

08-20-08 09:43 AM
    The iPhone is a fad.

I imagine the angst of alot of iPhone users who buy everything Apple because it is the forever underdog, reading articles about how their beloved hipster device is suddenly outselling Blackberry. The Canadians have always been the underdogs, Doofus!

Further, with best of luck to the new Blackberry Storm, a keyboard is simply a superior input device to a virtual keyboard. Touchscreen phones are NOT new. And I can only imagine how little the multi-touch feature gets used. The only real reason to get an iPhone over a Blackberry is because the store is out of iPods.
    11-13-08 02:46 PM
    Just traded in my iphone for a blackberry bold. LOVE the BIS server doing the push email. Also love the real keyboard. Don't get me wrong, I like the iphone for web browsing, photos, music, and videos, but seriously... I text and email ALL THE TIME. I needed a blackberry.
    11-14-08 06:31 PM
    I had the iphone for like 2 weeks, Then I saw the problems, the lock ups, the sucky battery life, and took it back, Picked up a Curve 8310, had it a week, and still cant put it down. My girl gets mad cause Im always fooling with the phone, LOL now thats a Blackberry for ya!!!!
    11-14-08 07:21 PM
    i had an iphone for alittle under a year, worst experience ever, ATT and apple wound up taking back my phone and paying my bill
    11-14-08 07:22 PM
    I migrated froma samsung slider to a BB Curve.
    11-14-08 07:25 PM
    I had a 2 BlackBerries prior to my iPhone 3G. I first had a BlackBerry 8700g and then moved up to a Curve 8310. But I fell victim to Apple's marketing. I received the iPhone 3G during the second week of August and loved it. It was all hype. But after a few month went by, it got more useless and annoying. I realized that the iPhone is just mainly for play and not really for productivity. Others may digress, but it's my opinion. Since I bought my Bold last week, I've been loving it. Much more productivity and I can actually trust that I will get my email. BlackBerries will forever dominate the business world.
    11-14-08 07:34 PM
    I've went from an iPhone 3g to a BB Curve and I couldn't be happier. It started out as me using the BB during the week and the iPhone for weekends but when the weekend came I missed my BB too much and that was only after 1 week! I'm getting the Bold in a couple weeks but I just can't get rid of my iPhone for my some reason. Something is telling me that if I get rid of it I'll regret it.

11-15-08 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD