Was just clarifying. Wasn't saying you should trust 1mobile or not.

Posted via CB10
    No, that's fine. I thought it had been Berry Leaks. I don't remember when exactly I downloaded it. I know it was several days after because I know there had been some issues reported and there had been some fixes/solutions/documentation for bugs. And the fact that I just hadn't had the time to jump on it.

Ah!!!! I checked....I downloaded it 11/15. I installed it the following week, I think.

Before that I'd been on .1047.
    12-01-13 03:56 PM
    My app gap is closed.
    My bank app is native (RBC) even though the mobile site worked just fine anyway, 2 apps (PBX VOIP apps) I need for work now work really well on 10.2.1.1055. That's it for what I needed. Everything else I need/want are native already. Anything else is just out of curiosity and deleted fairly quickly.
    12-01-13 03:58 PM
    if you need a job try this site JOBS61 (dot)COM. Dan does it at home and makes $23.99 hourly just sitting and typing stuff all day...No experience needed too
    Haha really

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-01-13 04:17 PM
    Always had been closed. Some apps I have sideloaded just for the heck of it (Snapchat and vine).
    What I did have, was a Game gap and it's now closed :P

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 04:24 PM
    Bank Of America
    Endomondo ( a full fledged version)
    Scrabble ( have it on my Playbook but it's not version where you can play friends)
    Words With Friends
    Hilton Hotel
    Zipcar
    Hertz or Enterprise ( I'll take either my company uses both)
    Oovoo
    Tango
    1800Contact ( contact lens app)

Posted via CB10
    Scrabble free runs well under 10.2.1.1055

Scrabble does not like the Z10 screen size and will exit. You need to get the free version and it runs smoothly. I sign in with my Origin account. I play my son on his android, this one was on my must have list!
    12-01-13 04:25 PM
    Me. My app has been closed.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    12-01-13 04:33 PM
    my gap app has been closed, find myself deleting android apps after testing, just keep two or three of them specially music app for equalizer! igrann is the type app that BB should work hard for
    12-01-13 04:58 PM
    Sounds like you're in the middle of a conundrum then.
    Yes you certainly are

Sent from my Z30
    12-01-13 05:05 PM
    I want for no app anymore thanks to 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:10 PM
    I like to complain for the sake of complaining, and when there is a solution for it I will ignore it and continue to complain

Sent from my Z30
    Installing a leaked version of BB10 OS and sideloading a third party app ecosystem to get apps that are readily available in iOS and Android's app store is a solution?

Did you work for RIM?
    12-01-13 05:27 PM
    Yes you certainly are

Sent from my Z30
    Me? Hardly. I have always bought BlackBerry primarily for its security. I work in IT, with the federal government, in Security. You might have a very short memory about the things I stand for, but anyone who has ever paid more than a cursory glance at my post history will see that I have always put security as the main reason I use BlackBerry. There is no way I will compromise that just to put an app on my Z that I've already got on my iPhone and my Android. That makes zero sense to me.

I have never side loaded and I have never used third party sources. So no conundrum. I want my apps from BBW just like I get my Android apps from the Play Store and just like I get my iPhone apps from the App Store. Simple.

You have the prerogative to do what you want as I have mine.
    12-01-13 05:37 PM
    Installing a leaked version of BB10 OS and sideloading a third party app ecosystem to get apps that are readily available in iOS and Android's app store is a solution?

Did you work for RIM?
    What's wrong with installing 3rd party app stores? We now have access to hundreds of thousands of apps

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:37 PM
    Everything I wanted is now available and working great. Very happy here.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:40 PM
    Leaks can be easily contaminated with malicious code. Also, if you are using 10.2.1.1055, it's a hybrid.
    Your wrong, it can't be...and 1055 is not a hybrid i do believe, 1055 is the os 1056 is the right radio file for said os, it's just because we were not given 1056 radio when the rest got it, we needed to merge the radio with an os to form the autoloader.

I find APK grabbers to offer needless risk for me. Same thing with third party stores I don't know and whose owners I can't verify or I feel are risky. I don't use them.

If it's not in the app store I don't use it. I buy BlackBerry for security and I won't use unsupported/risky sources. For me it's not worth the risk.
    your at no risk if your using snap or droid store, they both pull apks directly from google play, your app is coming directly from there just via another client, trust me it's safe. 1mobile gives you apks from other places, not directly from google play like snap and droidstore.
    12-01-13 05:41 PM
    Oh and yes, my app gap has been closed, it's not because of 10.2.1, but because of third party developers such as knob and gasp even the snappy developer, but the additional possibility of loading direct apks of certain games are definitely great.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    eldricho and damien kupuku like this.
    12-01-13 05:45 PM
    Your wrong, it can't be...and 1055 is not a hybrid i do believe, 1055 is the os 1056 is the right radio file for said os, it's just because we were not given 1056 radio when the rest got it, we needed to merge the radio with an os to form the autoloader.

your at no risk if your using snap or droid store, they both pull apks directly from google play, your app is coming directly from there just via another client, trust me it's safe. 1mobile gives you apks from other places, not directly from google play like snap and droidstore.
    Thank you for setting that straight, on the hybrids.

As far as the stores, I don't distrust you at all, I just said I trusted your leak. But as far as anything from any source other than BlackBerry, and I should probably add CB, I won't load it.

Like I said....the risk is not worth it for me.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    12-01-13 05:47 PM
    I'm missing banking and Instagram. I won't use third party sites for banking and Amazon hasn't got Instagram.
    oh come on. use Snap and download from google. instagram available everywhere, even amazon.

it's stupid to moan about apps, but on the other hand, just to say - no no no... lol
    damien kupuku likes this.
    12-01-13 05:49 PM
    oh come on. use Snap and download from google. instagram available everywhere, even amazon.

it's stupid to moan about apps, but on the other hand, just to say - no no no... lol
    why should I do what an anonymous source on an internet site says as opposed to what I feel comfortable doing?

And no...Instagram was not on Amazon.
    kbz1960, macaroon9 and john_v like this.
    12-01-13 05:53 PM
    The only app I don't have which I would use on a regular basis is a depth of field calculator for photography. I know there are a couple available in BBW but android had some really sweet ones for free.

I do have a few others that are useful but most of what I use is baked into the OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 05:54 PM
    The only app i was really missing was our Time Clock app for our work. They have a legacy BB app, Apple & Android. They distribute them outside the app stores, but had no plans to build a BB10 app. I had sideloaded the .apk before the .1055 leak and it wouldn't run. Now it does, and my Z10 has all the work apps on it I need.

Another interesting note, I got another Android app I was playing with for piano tuning, a serious, full fledged one developed for professionals (20 years as a dealer service tech & tuner, I know the developer well.) He also has no plans to port it over to BB10... no time. I got his app running on the Z10 with the latest leak, and paid him for a full license and have been using it on my last few tuning calls. Works brilliantly.

Cheers,
    damien kupuku likes this.
    12-01-13 06:05 PM
    What's wrong with installing 3rd party app stores? We now have access to hundreds of thousands of apps

Posted via CB10
    See the above post from Qbnkelt. Some of us have jobs where we either work directly for or contract to the Federal Government. Loading a Chinese owned store, that we kniwnhas apps that devs didn't submit, and I know that Chinese intelligence gathering organizations are ruthless and into everything, is not something I would or will do and is not what I consider to be a solution to an app gap. It is my personal phone, but still loading in any questionable source, especially foreign, can open you up to being tracked, seeing all of your contacts, possibly messages, etc. that can all be used to get information on many things about you and who you interact with. It is no different than clicking on links in emails from questionable sources, social engineering phishing schemes, shredding sensitive personal info, etc. that is just common sense cyber security for protecting yourself.

As an example: An organization uses an app you installed from a suspect app store and sees that one of your "Cougars" in your contact list is in the government with access to classified material and know she is married. They can use the information collected from your device against her to try and attempt to comprimise her by threatning to expose what they know to her family. Even though you think you would be of little concern to this organization, you have provided the means to them to get to someone else. Little pieces of information gathered from many places can allow an organization to make a bigger picture. Simple hypothetical example but they can get much more complex.

Prosumers should be concerned about things like this or corporate espionage.
    12-01-13 06:08 PM
    Those are called unintended consequences.....
    Having worked In marketing and sales, it is scary how many details you get served in a silver platter.
    Just because something is of little importance to you, the sum of the pieces creates a stunningly complete picture of you and your organisation.

LinkedIn is just like Free Lunch for Marketers.

This little bit of knowledge, a few Google searches and phone calls later, a cold call can seem as a highly recommended appointment you missed in the ordinary office routine....

This is what ordinary people do for a living to sell stuff to you.... Just imagine what happens when you are the precious good they are trying to sell?

We have strict policies in how we deal with emails and with calls.

We provide red herrings to analyse the persistence of social engineering.

And we are just an ordinary company.....

The only way to be protected against endless points if attacks is legal little to attack as possible.

Hopefully this should be clear now why some just do not side load.

Stuxnet was on a few USB drives that have been left in car parks and other places... not even in Iran.... Yet it managed to destroy their enrichment facilities...

Think about it...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Warlack; 12-01-13 at 06:24 PM.
    12-01-13 06:13 PM
    Don't have an app gap.

I have to say though, when the new leak becomes official I will probably be another one who isn't too trusting of sources. I would like to know the store. The DROID store sounds OK. And of course I would trust Amazon.

I can't imagine that I would make too much use of it though.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 06:14 PM
    I have. I've sideloaded my banking app. I now pretty much only use my iPod touch because I don't want to run down battery on my Z10 when I'm playing Real Racing 3

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 06:15 PM
    well boys it's been yummy but I've got to leave you....

night night.....
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    12-01-13 06:18 PM
318 12345 ...