Who was the genius who came up with the idea of positioning the connection activity icon over the signal strength icon?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-15-10 08:42 AM
    Over? Mine is beside it.
    03-15-10 08:45 AM
    I think Bob did it.
    03-15-10 08:45 AM
    Mine is right on-top of it. Damn you Bob!

03-15-10 08:48 AM
    I think Bob did it.
    03-15-10 09:22 AM
    Try different themes-or create your own and put the icons where you want them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 09:27 AM
    Mine is next to the sig strength in browser... Its on top on the home screen I have the 8530 running 5.0.0.509 hybrid

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 09:45 AM
    Yeah same. Its next to it in the bb browser and ontop at most other times.

I have not seen any theme that moves the activity icon.

03-15-10 09:48 AM
    Yeah same. Its next to it in the bb browser and ontop at most other times.

I have not seen any theme that moves the activity icon.

Yeah, but there are some that move the signal strength icon.
    03-15-10 11:13 AM
    Honestly is it really that big of a deal.
    03-15-10 11:23 AM
    Yes it is a big deal.

Listening to the radio or watching youtube (or waiting for an email attachment) are the times when its important to see the signal strength.

However, those are precisely the times when I cannot see the signal strength because its covered with the activity icon.

If I have no need for activity then I also do not need to know the signal strength. Putting these icons at the same coordinate was a stroke of genius.

I'll try some other themes later. I hope they look OK..

03-15-10 11:39 AM
    Damm you RIM you overlapped icons for the last time.
    To fix overlapping icons apply force directly to the offending icons with a BFH as soon as you see the icons conflict. Don't try this at home take it outside to save you some cleanup time.
    03-15-10 11:50 AM
    oh, man....I must be a really uncool person....this is one piece of popular culture that I'm completely unfamiliar with...
    03-15-10 12:25 PM
    I'm still a fan
    03-15-10 02:35 PM
    Man, RIM! You guys are a bunch of jerks for this. Your products are truly trash because of the overlapping icon. I don't know how anyone would be able to use it. Just doesn't make any sense and until you address this, your products will always be crap.

To the OP: Maybe you should try building your own theme and you can move the icons where you want. That way you don't have to start meaningless threads like this. Just a thought.
    03-15-10 03:42 PM
    wow, i just woke up from a four hour nap, only to find this thread is still alive.
    03-15-10 07:47 PM
    scorpiodsu*?great post. I completely agree. The time spent keeping this thread alive could have been equally spent creating your own theme, with the signal put where ever you want. Our if you are not able to do that most battery apps. fixmo app would allow you to have endless possibilities of what to do with the signal bar.
    03-16-10 09:12 AM
    The time spent keeping this thread alive could have been equally spent creating your own theme
    Assuming this thread is a big monologue between flop, flop and flop. What kind of logic is that? It takes 2 seconds to post a reply. Plus, you're keeping the thread alive yourself by contributing to it. Don't you have a theme to create?

No harm intended, I'm not attacking you but what you said doesn't make any sense.
    03-16-10 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD