I think Rants and Raves should have one main place to go, instead of creating multiple threads on the same subjects, clogging up the forums. Anyone else feel the same way?

Mods, feel free to move this if it needs to go elsewhere...
    07-10-09 07:57 PM
    +1

10 characters

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 08:34 PM
    When a topic is hot, it doesn't need to be sticky, it will stay on the top of the topic all by itself.

If the topic is important to a lot of visitors, that is what justifies making it sticky.

The individual device topics are the perfect place for the latest approved upgrades.

What we do not need, are categorized rants and raves. One is plenty.

Besides, we can't even get genuis members to post it the correct topics.

Kevin has told us, everybody is encouraged to have their say, it's up to the mods to determine where it gets said.
    07-10-09 08:36 PM
    All I'm saying is one place for all to rant and rave, at least you guys would be modding one thread instead of a bunch popping up all the time...
    07-10-09 08:41 PM
    I appreciate what you are saying, but in practice, everybody want their own personal rant/rave space.

The other thing to consider, we have never experienced the need for a rant/rave topic, prior to the Storm.

We are experimenting with something similar in this topic. The introduction of the new iPhone resulted in some members posting a goodbye thead. Now, we have one sticky master thread, notice how those threads have dropped to near zero?

If that works, we can merge the whole rant/rave topic into two threads.
    07-10-09 08:48 PM
    we can merge the whole rant/rave topic into two threads.
    That's what needs to be done, I'll leave it up to you guys to decide...
    07-10-09 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD