Uhmmm for one LG. You know a profitable company instead of a non profitable company. Maybe Apple and Google are smearing LG since they actually make money.

But you are right. Apple and Google do want RIM's slice of the pie and they have easily taken the vast majority of it (if we are talking about the market share pie) by investing money into making and marketing products that people actually want. Not by paying for smear campaigns.
    Yep, RIM is so insignificant nobody wants their 80 million subscribers or billions in the bank, nobody wants their business. OK, keep believing that.
    12-17-12 11:36 AM
    Yep, RIM is so insignificant nobody wants their 80 million subscribers or billions in the bank, nobody wants their business. OK, keep believing that.
    In the big picture, RIM is pretty insignificant. You make it seem like those stats are impressive. They really aren't when compared with RIM's competitors. Apple has how much money in the bank? Apple sells how many iOS devices per quarter? There are what a million + Android activations per day.

But again I'll ask. Where is the evidence that there are smear campaigns agains RIM? Or proof that is what has hurt RIM?

There is a bunch of evidence of RIM hurting themselves.

First, RIM put out the Storm 9530 as a iPhone competitor. RIM then put out the Torch 9800 as a iPhone competitor. Remember the Black Eye Peas song on the video? Yeah, I do. Then RIM launched the PlayBook to compete with the iPad. We all know how well that has worked out. Most recently, we have seen RIM delay the launch of BlackBerry 10 how many times?

I think it is a little more realistic to believe that RIM got itself in this position. But please, feel free to continue to curse the bias media and blame PR agency smear campaigns. Do you think RIM is just a innocent victim in all this and that they did nothing wrong at all?
    bk1022 likes this.
    12-17-12 11:45 AM
    I think it is a little more realistic to believe that RIM got itself in this position. But please, feel free to continue to curse the bias media and blame PR agency smear campaigns. Do you think RIM is just a innocent victim in all this and that they did nothing wrong at all?
    +1.
    RIM's previous arrogant management fu***d it up big time. Tim Thorsten and Frank Boulben, on the other hand, seem to be doing everything right so far. Long way to undo the damage already caused but then in tech-world even a year is long time. So, my best wishes to them, hope they can turn around the company. I am a shareholder and I depend on BB QWERTY keyboard. If RIM succeeds, I win on both fronts.
    12-17-12 11:57 AM
    Facebook has been caught hiring a PR Company against Google, and they were caught by accident.

It proves that this does happen so you cannot rule it out as a "conspiracy theory"

Now tell me, how successful has google been at social networks and how many they started have failed and closed?
    "Google Plus launched and became the fastest growing social network in history reaching 25 million users in less than 30 days. It continues to grow at over 600,000 users a day and is projected to reach 400 million users by the end of 2012 according to estimates by Paul Allen."

Source

On a global scale, Google reports that over 500 million people have upgraded their accounts to Google+, 235 million are active across Google and 135 million are active in the social stream. The company notes that Google+ is the fast-growing network “thingy” ever.
    Source
    12-17-12 01:01 PM
    "Google Plus launched and became the fastest growing social network in history reaching 25 million users in less than 30 days. It continues to grow at over 600,000 users a day and is projected to reach 400 million users by the end of 2012 according to estimates by Paul Allen."

Source

Source

Yeah right, we all know how it's growing, Google is adding gmail users to it, apparently I'm on it now and people are adding me to circles even though I never even clicked the Google+ tap once.
    Saiga, pcguy514 and imz like this.
    12-17-12 01:10 PM

Source

Source
    Here's my proof:

As I said I never even once clicked on Google+ tab and I haven't logged into my Gmail online in over half a year probably.
    Attached Thumbnails Who did RIM **** off?-edshot-20-mon-20dec-2017-202012-207.11.36-20pm-.jpg  
    12-17-12 01:14 PM
    Yeah right, we all know how it's growing, Google is adding gmail users to it, apparently I'm on it now and people are adding me to circles even though I never even clicked the Google+ tap once.
    This I can agree with. Google has some sneaky way of getting people on Google + even if they never intended to join it. I'm on Google +, did I purposefully and knowingly join it? Nope.
    12-17-12 01:59 PM
    I would agree with those who said that the media reports of been a lot more positive lately. Since Heins has taken over, RIM is making better and better choices and that is renewing interest in the company and bringing back investors. If the BB10 release is smooth, then the reports from the media will be even better. As for the negative reports out there; there is a lot of good reason to think RIM will fail, and a lot of the media reports are expressing that possibility. I don't blame them for reporting on the fact that RIM has made a lot of huge mistakes that might mean the end of the company as we know it.

Now, let's all do our job and buy the new phones when they come out.
    12-17-12 03:29 PM
    Here's my proof:

As I said I never even once clicked on Google+ tab and I haven't logged into my Gmail online in over half a year probably.
    So its like an invite email basically. Someone is trying to add you into their circle and so gmail sent you an invite. pretty much the same with many of the social networks out there and nothing new.
    12-18-12 03:18 AM
    Who did RIM **** off?

Most of their loyal base! Corporations lost faith and the funds to buy phones for their employees as rapidly as they had in the past. Non-corporate users got pissed off with hardware that did not work and RIM not even admitting they had a problem!

I was a loyal RIM user all the way back to the 950 days. Gave up when all 5 of our 9900 units died within a months of purchase.

RIM will have to EARN my business again!
    johnny_larue likes this.
    12-18-12 04:10 AM
    I think RIM pissed off ex-BlackBerry users who were forced to use it begrudgingly.

Was it Jim or Mike that actually did mention when asked of the question "what happens if you fall?" And he said "we'll just crash and burn".

The fact that RIM still survives is a miracle by itself. If RIM was a private equity without stock, I wonder how would RIM fare?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 04:50 AM
    So its like an invite email basically. Someone is trying to add you into their circle and so gmail sent you an invite. pretty much the same with many of the social networks out there and nothing new.
    It's not, a Google+ user that I have as a Gmail contact has added me to his circles and has shared a post with me.

That means I'm treated as a Google+ user already, not as a potential user.

I got more emails suggesting other user to me too.
    Attached Thumbnails Who did RIM **** off?-edshot-20-mon-20dec-2017-202012-207.15.45-20pm-.jpg  
    12-18-12 05:52 AM
    And here's the ultimate proof:

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/10...=14tas616zxfc2

My profile on Google+ that showed up in a Google search and it also links my Youtube channel.

Yet another reason for me to hate and never trust Google.
    12-18-12 05:58 AM
    And here's the ultimate proof:

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/10...=14tas616zxfc2

My profile on Google+ that showed up in a Google search and it also links my Youtube channel.

Yet another reason for me to hate and never trust Google.
    So opt out...

How to Cancel Your Google+ Account
    12-18-12 06:11 AM
    There seems to be a concerted effort here to have an off-topic post at the bottom of every thread that might be even partly negative. Kind of sad really.

In order for RIM to succeed the senior executive needs to have the company's shortcomings shoved in their faces untio they acknowledge them all. And quite frankly, when BB10 is launched at the END of January, the first speech should start with an apology instead of pretending everything is all good now.
    12-18-12 06:30 AM
    I think during the BB10 unveiling RIM needs to do what Apple does with their keynotes. Jobs/Cook keep repeating "This is the best phone ever", "This is the best device ever made". Watching Apple keynotes is like being in some kind of cult being indoctrinated. You repeat the same line enough times, people will start thinking that way.

If you don't believe me, watch any of the last Apple presentations.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    12-18-12 07:48 AM
    I think during the BB10 unveiling RIM needs to do what Apple does with their keynotes. Jobs/Cook keep repeating "This is the best phone ever", "This is the best device ever made". Watching Apple keynotes is like being in some kind of cult being indoctrinated. You repeat the same line enough times, people will start thinking that way.

If you don't believe me, watch any of the last Apple presentations.
    Not just Apple. Show me any company out there that doesn't try to sell their product with hyperbole.

Were you living under a rock when the 9800 was touted as a 'revolutionary' device? Were you comatose when Lazaridis was making the infamous 'leapfrog the competition' boast?

'Cult' my ****!
    12-18-12 11:44 AM
    Not just Apple. Show me any company out there that doesn't try to sell their product with hyperbole.

Were you living under a rock when the 9800 was touted as a 'revolutionary' device? Were you comatose when Lazaridis was making the infamous 'leapfrog the competition' boast?

'Cult' my ****!
    How many times do they say "amazing" in one presentation? Lol
    12-18-12 12:04 PM

'Cult' my ****!
    Pressure is on now. The Apple fanbois are squirmin' and name callin'. OUCH BB10 is causing anxiety attacks.
    12-18-12 01:57 PM
    Thanks, I just did. But I shouldn't have had to do it.
    12-18-12 02:50 PM
    Pressure is on now. The Apple fanbois are squirmin' and name callin'. OUCH BB10 is causing anxiety attacks.
    As if we didn't have enough issues with Crackberry in the past few months....now we're gonna have childish folks carrying out a witch hunt on perceived fanboys once BB10 comes out?

I restricted my comparison to pre-Thor, pre-BB10 RIM...and still you come out with this claptrap. If you can't muster the logic to challenge my statement, avoid and remain silent.

It would have been a happy thing indeed if I thought your opinion was an isolated case...but 2 people actually 'liked' it. Trolls of the same feather?
    12-19-12 06:57 AM
    As if we didn't have enough issues with Crackberry in the past few months....now we're gonna have childish folks carrying out a witch hunt on perceived fanboys once BB10 comes out?

I restricted my comparison to pre-Thor, pre-BB10 RIM...and still you come out with this claptrap. If you can't muster the logic to challenge my statement, avoid and remain silent.

It would have been a happy thing indeed if I thought your opinion was an isolated case...but 2 people actually 'liked' it. Trolls of the same feather?
    Thanks for reinforcing and validating my point.

The end to your iGasims draws nigh . . . February 2013.

Merry Christmas.
    12-19-12 08:00 AM
    Thanks for reinforcing and validating my point.

The end to your iGasims draws nigh . . . February 2013.

Merry Christmas.
    Ah...Feb 2013...The only thing that month does for me is

1. My birthday
    2. When I can finally drop this now hated 9900 for a reliable BB10 device.

Take care when you hang that mistletoe under your bridge

Have a happy New Year
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-19-12 08:22 AM
    Thanks, I just did. But I shouldn't have had to do it.
    Maybe they just added you with an existing Google account, but the new one I set up asked me if I wanted to add Youtube and G+ to my account....ughh no thanks...lol
    Last edited by Oniberry; 12-19-12 at 10:02 AM. Reason: it's tube, not tobe
    12-19-12 10:02 AM
    Maybe they just added you with an existing Google account, but the new one I set up asked me if I wanted to add Youtube and G+ to my account....ughh no thanks...lol
    I got asked. Said no.
    I have received no invites at all for Google + since no one emails me on gmail except for one mod. And because I never use the account I only know he emails me when I happen to glance at my SGIII Gmail icon by chance.
    Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-19-12 at 02:59 PM.
    12-19-12 12:46 PM
158 ... 4567