I've been reviewing all of the media I could possibly find over the past several months, and in retrospect It looks like there is a concerted effort to completely bury RIM.

Suits, sensational articles about exploding batteries (well, ONE exploding battery lol), stock upgrades/downgrades, US gov't departments dropping them as a goto device and moving to others...I could go on, but that pretty much covers the things that I've found.

I can't help but think this is an orchestrated effort to get rid of a very strong device in the marketplace. Any thoughts on this?
    12-11-12 12:53 PM
    Bury the device that disrupts the flow. Analysts hated iOS way back...
    12-11-12 12:55 PM
    It amazes me...makes me more apt to stick with my BB. I've never been one to ride the bandwagon.
    bungaboy, walt63, robkd and 2 others like this.
    12-11-12 01:02 PM
    I've noticed a much more positive tone .... still note snide remarks, but overall, I'm seeing more outlets warming up to the idea that this may in fact be a great platform to get behind
    chm985 likes this.
    12-11-12 01:08 PM
    You're just realizing this now? It's been "cool" to hate on RIM for months.. In fact, only now are the tides starting to turn and people are eating crow.
    12-11-12 01:12 PM
    This is the very latest attempt: Patent Troll
    EsJayDee likes this.
    I can't help but think this is an orchestrated effort to get rid of a very strong device in the marketplace. Any thoughts on this?
    There's very high short interest in RIM, with $1B worth of shares borrowed by investors betting that the price will drop, not rise. You have to assume this will influence some of them to attempt to improve their positions by spreading bad news. Shorting is a risky business.

Not saying there's a big conspiracy or that everyone does this, but you know it's going to happen to some extent. Fortunately the upward pressure at this point appears too much for that contingent, so their better tactic now would be just covering their positions and getting the heck out... the short squeeze hasn't happened yet, but it may be on the way. :-)
    You're just realizing this now? It's been "cool" to hate on RIM for months.. In fact, only now are the tides starting to turn and people are eating crow.
    Nah...noticed for a while, but I'm finally getting ready to put on my BB cape and defend the throne lol.
    12-11-12 01:15 PM
    I would agree but I do hope the long run these tests are forced to eat it rather then some just saying we were wrong about RIM. You know more then we do about the products so you have a better idea what's to come then we do
    12-11-12 01:18 PM
    btw...the forum rules are making me appear to be a bit crass. My title was meant to say P*I*S*S
    bungaboy and EsJayDee like this.
    12-11-12 01:19 PM
    btw...the forum rules are making me appear to be a bit crass. My title was meant to say P*I*S*S
    Lol yeah, I was inputting other verbs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Blacklatino and Ray UM like this.
    12-11-12 01:24 PM
    Peter9477,

Where there is shorting there is ALWAYS a friend of a friend that works for such and such media that will gladly help out a friend of a friend to write negative media. It is a rare time any if them see jail time as "conspiracy" in regards to stock manipulation is a very very hard thing to prosecute.

All that aside, the tides they are a turning, in favour of BB10. The more publicity (neg/pos) from here on in the better, it forces ordinary folks to check into BB10 instead of being spoon fed by neg media.
    12-11-12 01:24 PM
    shhhh.....Don't show your "Fanboyism" so flagrantly.... other members might call you out on it.

Months? Years, I figure. Granted, even with their mistakes, they got a whole lot more crud then they deserved.
    Is it wrong that I don't want "those people" to eat crow as much as I want their opinions and credentials, in they are in the tech industry, to be invalidated and made irrelevant permanently?

Hmmm...maybe so... vindictive much.
    bungaboy and Bobcat665 like this.
    12-11-12 01:25 PM
    There's very high short interest in RIM, with $1B worth of shares borrowed by investors betting that the price will drop, not rise. You have to assume this will influence some of them to attempt to improve their positions by spreading bad news. Shorting is a risky business....
    The shorts could lose their shirts!
    Bobcat665, BBPandy and Bumble2000 like this.
    12-11-12 01:27 PM
    New CEO, New direction, New positivity. Rim has fought through the tough times, and it is fighting hard to win the hearts and minds of even the harshest of critics. It can only get better.#Positivethinking :^)
    #BB10BELIEVE
    12-11-12 01:29 PM
    ...Where there is shorting there is ALWAYS a friend of a friend that works for such and such media that will gladly help out a friend of a friend to write negative media...
    This is how I was seeing it actually...that's been the nature of the US corporate environment since the beginning of big business. Some would argue that these strategies was the START of big business, as competition was forced out of the way by any means necessary.
    12-11-12 01:35 PM
    This is the very latest attempt: Patent Troll
    Sadly, patent trolls aren't a problem unique to RIM
    12-11-12 01:43 PM
    I do think that Apple has quietly used its influence where it could, sometimes with journalists, sometimes with customers. Some customer announcements seemed suspiciously timed.

In any event, Apple couldn't take RIM down if RIM hadn't put themselves in such a vulnerable position. Fortunately, they seem to "get" that. I think management direction has changed drastically (first off, they now actually seem to HAVE one).
    12-11-12 01:47 PM
    so long as there are bloggers, analysts, etc, there will be negativity. RIM is not immune, nor is anyone else. I read the tech news and blogs daily, and someone is always complaining about something, whether it be RIM, APPLE, GOOGLE, or MICROSOFT. Microsoft has been getting it pretty bad lately too...
    Now, is GOOGLE doing their part to make sure the negative news stories on their competetors pop up frequently??? who knows
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-11-12 01:49 PM
    This is how I was seeing it actually...that's been the nature of the US corporate environment since the beginning of big business. Some would argue that these strategies was the START of big business, as competition was forced out of the way by any means necessary.
    That's any business. There is an electrical contractor here in Toronto and they have been buying up countless other smaller companies just to rid the GTA of competition, from what i hear from other electricians they under cut the jobs even if they loss money just so others dont get the work. its pretty sad what business is but its just a con game to gain an advantage over the competition
    Ray UM, bungaboy and houshinto#IM like this.
    12-11-12 01:52 PM
    I do think that Apple has quietly used its influence where it could, sometimes with journalists, sometimes with customers. Some customer announcements seemed suspiciously timed.

In any event, Apple couldn't take RIM down if RIM hadn't put themselves in such a vulnerable position. Fortunately, they seem to "get" that. I think management direction has changed drastically (first off, they now actually seem to HAVE one).
    it sometimes does seem that way doesnt it. ive seen countless bb users switch to iPhones only to say BBs suck after. ive said apple puts subliminal messaging in their devices to claim this butits just that a claim that may or may not be true lol more of a joke then anything else
    12-11-12 01:55 PM
    ive said apple puts subliminal messaging in their devices
    LOL - that would put you at the ultimate top of the 'conspiracy theory nutjobs' list if you actually thought that.

The reality is that I don't think it's anything so exciting. It's cool to like Apple right now and it's cool to hate RIM. Then add to the mix the fact that american media has a habit of cheering for American companies vs. foreign competitors. Add to that the fact that while American media is cheering for their own, Canadian Media likes to sneer at theirs. On top of that, RIM has made some pretty high profile mistakes and also that RIM stories generate hits, particularly negative ones. On top of that, the days of journalistic integrity are mostly gone with a last of half-informed and biased bloggers being quoted by the press and you get what we have today.
    12-11-12 02:02 PM
    LOL - that would put you at the ultimate top of the 'conspiracy theory nutjobs' list if you actually thought that.

The reality is that I don't think it's anything so exciting. It's cool to like Apple right now and it's cool to hate RIM. Then add to the mix the fact that american media has a habit of cheering for American companies vs. foreign competitors. Add to that the fact that while American media is cheering for their own, Canadian Media likes to sneer at theirs. On top of that, RIM has made some pretty high profile mistakes and also that RIM stories generate hits, particularly negative ones. On top of that, the days of journalistic integrity are mostly gone with a last of half-informed and biased bloggers being quoted by the press and you get what we have today.
    or maybe its that anyone these days thinks they can be a journalist just because they have an opinion on something. there are to many blog sites that give people a false sensation that they are actually writers and know what they are actually talking about. opinions are fine but when you pass them off as pure facts its really not
    12-11-12 02:34 PM
    And it works both ways too. I guarantee that over half of the people that post on this forum are shareholders of RIMM, posting positive stuff to try and get the stock to go up.

They are easy to spot, normally the guys that copy/paste any story that has a hint of RIMM behind it are the longs wanting to stir up discussions. I am sure that if RIMM all of a sudden went private, CB would lose around 1/2 of their forum members.
    12-11-12 02:35 PM
    I don't care what the media is saying. Only time will reveal the truth about the future of RIM, not some random analyst that has a vested interest in seeing RIM shares drop or rise.
    12-11-12 02:37 PM
158 123 ...