BlackBerry 10- The Dark Knight Rising
    Ray UM and grant.palin like this.
    12-12-12 10:43 PM
    Last year was a veritable Caligula's orgy of hate. Bloodletting, backstabbings, poisonings, and vomitories overflowing with hate and negativity. This year didn't start much better, especially after the delay announcements. Any idjit can tear something down, but it takes a Herculean effort to clean RIMs Augean stables, and now that much of the crapola has been flushed, they have a chance to thrive.

I was able to hold on for a while, and never could come up with a 7 device I wanted at a decent price, so due to my families' needs, and another issue, I ventured into Android for a while. I've kept an upgrade available for the advent of Ten, and I've been watching the stories begin about 10 being a worthwhile move.

Of all the threads I've seen of people leaving BB, and the incessant posting of goodbye threads, I knew that things would change, and haven't left my CrackBerry home. I've never felt the need to bash the legacy of how I got my forum start, and rubbed things in the faces of my friends here. I've made comments about some of the differences, but not with the snark of many of these articles you've read.

It's been a crazy ride, we've been standing in line, so let's put the safety bar down and ride it again!
    12-12-12 11:01 PM
    As a student who is going to school for journalism, my bb is essential. I have the bold 9900 and i can send and receive emails on the go as i'm commuting to and from school on trains and buses.....i don't see how an iPhone could ever replace that. sure there are plenty of apps to use, and games to play, but nothing compares to the BB email and messaging system.

idk how journalists or even most business professionals only use iphones as both their personal and business devices. if anything I would have a BB as my business phone...it's a powerhouse in certain respects....
    The iPhone does email.
    Saiga and torndownunit like this.
    12-13-12 12:03 AM
    As a student who is going to school for journalism, my bb is essential. I have the bold 9900 and i can send and receive emails on the go as i'm commuting to and from school on trains and buses.....i don't see how an iPhone could ever replace that. sure there are plenty of apps to use, and games to play, but nothing compares to the BB email and messaging system.

idk how journalists or even most business professionals only use iphones as both their personal and business devices. if anything I would have a BB as my business phone...it's a powerhouse in certain respects....
    yep. on the go is the important part. I walk and type a lot on my bold 9930. never could quite do that well on my android phone. needed to look at the keys.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    12-13-12 01:19 AM
    I think it would be awesome if someone found out that Steve Jobs bought 1,000,000 shares of RIMM when it was at $6.50
    Dead men tell no tales...and buy no shares
    12-13-12 05:30 AM
    The iPhone does email.
    A horse and buggy will get you to the store eventually too.
    kbz1960 and grant.palin like this.
    12-13-12 06:57 AM
    Dead men tell no tales...and buy no shares
    And don't sell 7" tablets . . . . . .
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-13-12 06:58 AM
    The last time someone accepted an apple things did not turn out so good for humanity.
    True dat.

And we all know too many apples . . . . gives you the back-door-trots (AKA the green apple quickstep)
    Ray UM and kbz1960 like this.
    12-13-12 09:01 AM
    A horse and buggy will get you to the store eventually too.
    LOL - I don't think it's that bad. :-)

Though I do with they didn't put the friggen trash icon above the home button and that it handled better when out-of-coverage.
    12-13-12 09:55 AM
    As a student who is going to school for journalism, my bb is essential. I have the bold 9900 and i can send and receive emails on the go as i'm commuting to and from school on trains and buses...
    I'm with you on this...I feel like my BB just works without me having to try too hard. I've had an Android phone for 2 years now, i rooted it and used it that way for a while...then i used a brand new one completely stock for a while. Neither option seemed to work out for me. I just felt like my Android is more of a toy or a distraction than a communications device. When I got another BB (9930), it just felt right.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-13-12 11:55 AM
    I'm with you on this...I feel like my BB just works without me having to try too hard. I've had an Android phone for 2 years now, i rooted it and used it that way for a while...then i used a brand new one completely stock for a while. Neither option seemed to work out for me. I just felt like my Android is more of a toy or a distraction than a communications device. When I got another BB (9930), it just felt right.
    I am the same. I have 3 Samsung Android phones and 2 Android tablets and the iPhone 4S. Like you they are toys to mess around with and play with.

My daily drivers are the BB9810 and PB64GB. ( I also have a BB9900, a BB9860, a BB9320 and a BB9790 in case the creek rises.)
    Ray UM, kbz1960 and Bumble2000 like this.
    12-13-12 12:09 PM
    The last time someone accepted an apple things did not turn out so good for humanity.
    I'm not a religious nut, but an apple was never mentioned in that part of the book...
    12-13-12 07:31 PM

The Iphone handles email just fine. I'm not sure what led you to believe otherwise...
    12-13-12 07:34 PM
    Most articles bashing RIMM are full of inaccuracies, lies and outright ignorance.

These clowns basically take information from articles and rehash it as their own. There is no original thought out there anymore. Just crap.
    12-13-12 11:05 PM
    it really look like the tide is turning now that RIM has shifted into fifth gear with BB10 marketing.

the positivity is flowing uninhibited for the past few days.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-14-12 09:22 AM
    I'm not a religious nut, but an apple was never mentioned in that part of the book...
    So, by reason of deduction, you are just a regular nut?
    12-14-12 09:40 AM
    So, by reason of deduction, you are just a regular nut?
    I'm not a fan of false information, besides I did you guys a favor by throwing that out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-14-12 04:30 PM
    The Iphone handles email just fine. I'm not sure what led you to believe otherwise...
    Not as good as a BlackBerry that has push email for far more email providers.

Also a friend seems to have this problem where if his battery dies or he turns his phone off and back on no email will come trough until he taps the mail icon to open the mail app.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    12-15-12 03:19 AM
    Welp, add another one to the list. No more Google Exchange Active Sync. Looks like this thread may become very popular approaching 1/30
    Google drops Exchange ActiveSync. What does it mean for BlackBerry? | CrackBerry.com
    12-15-12 06:40 AM
    So without Active Sync, will the iPhone still have push email for Gmail? IMAP alone is not enough.
    12-15-12 06:51 AM

Also a friend seems to have this problem where if his battery dies or he turns his phone off and back on no email will come trough until he taps the mail icon to open the mail app.
    Sounds like a network issue to me. All of my emails and other notifications show up as soon I turn on my device.

Sent from my White iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    12-15-12 07:31 AM

I don't understand this claim that BlackBerry does email so well anymore. A couple of years ago they were the best, but not so much now. The only consistent advantages I find with BlackBerry email is the unified inbox and the typing on a full qwerty keyboard that has word substitution.

The push on 4 out of 6 of my accounts isn't any faster on BlackBerry than on Windows or Android. My hosted emails for my domains arrive 10 -15 minutes sooner on my Androids than on my BlackBerry. And the real down fall with BlackBerry email is the syncing and size limits. I have a lot of phones. I can delete a email on one of them and it deletes on all of them expect my BlackBerry. That drives me nuts, because I always have to go back to my BlackBerry and manually clean up my inbox, drafts and outbox. - IF this is a setting issue please let me know.

In my opinion, RIM needs to work on their email. The competition hasn't just been sitting around over the years.
    Last edited by Saiga; 12-15-12 at 05:11 PM.
    12-15-12 04:59 PM
    I don't understand this claim that BlackBerry does email so well anymore. A couple of years ago they were the best, but not so much now. The only consistent advantages I find with BlackBerry email is the unified inbox and the typing on a fully qwerty keyboard.

The push on 4 out of 6 of my accounts aren't any faster on BlackBerry than on Windows or Android. My hosted emails for my domains arrive 10 -15 minutes sooner on my Androids than on my BlackBerry. And the real down fall with BlackBerry email is the syncing and size limits. I have a lot of phones. I can delete a email on one of them and it deletes on all of them expect my BlackBerry. That drives me nuts, because I always have to go back to my BlackBerry and manually clean up my inbox, drafts and outbox. - IF this is a setting issue please let me know.
    It's still the only platform with push for POP3 and simple IMAP email accounts.
    12-15-12 05:06 PM
    It's still the only platform with push for POP3 and simple IMAP email accounts.
    If that is the case, then RIM's push must really suck. I have a couple of email accounts that are from HostGator. These are POP3 accounts and every single one of the emails they receive arrives at my Android 10-15 minutes sooner than my BlackBerry.
    12-15-12 05:19 PM
    If that is the case, then RIM's push must really suck. I have a couple of email accounts that are from HostGator. These are POP3 accounts and every single one of the emails they receive arrives at my Android 10-15 minutes sooner than my BlackBerry.
    You're confusing Push with fast email delivery, a BB never polls for new email, you probably have yours set to poll every 5-10 minutes.

I host with 1and1 and my emails arrive in exactly 7 seconds, tested many times, no exchange needed..
    12-16-12 02:51 AM
158 12345 ...