And it works both ways too. I guarantee that over half of the people that post on this forum are shareholders of RIMM, posting positive stuff to try and get the stock to go up.

They are easy to spot, normally the guys that copy/paste any story that has a hint of RIMM behind it are the longs wanting to stir up discussions. I am sure that if RIMM all of a sudden went private, CB would lose around 1/2 of their forum members.
    lol as if !!!
    peter9477 and lynxs_claw like this.
    12-11-12 02:45 PM
    I guarantee that over half of the people that post on this forum are shareholders of RIMM
    I like when people pull random statistics out of their backsides. How exactly would you guarantee this? You've surveyed Crackberry's millions of users and come to this conclusion, have you?
    12-11-12 02:47 PM
    The shorts could lose their shirts!
    They could become . . . . . . Pantless too.
    12-11-12 02:53 PM
    And it works both ways too. I guarantee that over half of the people that post on this forum are shareholders of RIMM, posting positive stuff to try and get the stock to go up.

They are easy to spot, normally the guys that copy/paste any story that has a hint of RIMM behind it are the longs wanting to stir up discussions. I am sure that if RIMM all of a sudden went private, CB would lose around 1/2 of their forum members.
    And, kind sir, what be your pleasure? Apple, Droid or W8?
    12-11-12 03:00 PM
    I've noticed that a lot of press coverage and reviews have gone from negative to positive, and I'm glad, I hope RIM pulls through. The stock today went from about 11.46 up to 12.44, that's a huge gain, and finally safely above 12$. It's interesting to see this gain after the Gold thing got announced today, and when ever there are negative stories then the stock lowers.
    12-11-12 03:03 PM
    now is the time to say, there is no such thing as bad publicity, there is only publicity................so RIM is winning................
    12-11-12 03:06 PM
    I've noticed that a lot of press coverage and reviews have gone from negative to positive, and I'm glad, I hope RIM pulls through. The stock today went from about 11.46 up to 12.44, that's a huge gain, and finally safely above 12$. It's interesting to see this gain after the Gold thing got announced today, and when ever there are negative stories then the stock lowers.
    It's the same day that there was news of yet another patent lawsuit troll attacking RIM, plus a RIM-sponsored (?) survey noting that developer interest is much higher lately, as well as (though maybe it was only a single guy tweeting? i wasn't paying attention) an apparent rumor that they might announce a small profit on the 20th. It's rarely easy to point to a single reason why a stock moves on a given day, and I'm not sure a ~6% gain would come solely from them releasing the Gold SDK, even if it is more evidence their efforts to resolve their execution problems have been effective.
    Ray UM and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-11-12 03:33 PM
    thorsten heins FTW
    el_excelsior likes this.
    12-11-12 03:40 PM
    It's the same day that there was news of yet another patent lawsuit troll attacking RIM, plus a RIM-sponsored (?) survey noting that developer interest is much higher lately, as well
    Interestingly, I saw a lot of coverage of the patent lawsuit yet almost none about the SDK/developer survey
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-11-12 04:04 PM
    Yea SDK was top post, then there were a few articles about the lawsuit ( ridiculous in my opinion) , watch apple sue for bb10 having a square design, now phones can't be square , that would give me a good laugh.
    12-11-12 04:08 PM

But the number of such people that are bullish on RIM stock must be less than the number of people who are bearish. RIM is trading at $12 ish (and was recently trading at $7ish). So, clearly, there aren't enough buyers. If there were a lot of buyers (that is,if the demand was high, market was bullish on RIM), the stock would be going up and up and back to $150! But that's not the case. It stands to reason that people with vested interest in spreading negative news far outnumber the people with vested interest in spreading positive news.

That said, I think, most people on CrackBerry actually like BlackBerry(s) and hence are generally positive. But in general (all of the market, as a whole) the number of nay-sayers must be greatly outnumbering yay-sayers or the stock would be going up.
    12-11-12 05:54 PM
    I can agree that this seems logical...also notable is that anytime there is STRONG positive press, there is an equally deprecating bit released to the media. I'm assuming we've all read the crockery about the exploding battery and the affected family requesting that all BB models like theirs be recalled? I believe that was reported immediately after their stock was "upgraded" by some guy somewhere who's opinion seems to matter (I'm not much into finance/markets, etc.).
    12-11-12 06:26 PM
    They could become . . . . . . Pantless too.
    Street, as in Wall Street / Bay Street / Fleet Street, justice...Indecent exposure will get them a new wardrobe complete with unique identification labels so they'll never loose their shirts and pants again.
    12-11-12 06:27 PM
    And, kind sir, what be your pleasure? Apple, Droid or W8?
    The last time someone accepted an apple things did not turn out so good for humanity.
    12-11-12 06:28 PM
    It's not that simple. A lot of RIM investors are swing traders, myself included, even though I'm bullish on RIM. When the stock goes up 6% in one day, you can bet I'll be watching for the peak to sell my position so that when it drops back down I can purchase more shares than I started with since it'll include the sell profit. Enough people do this and it affects the price greatly as those people essentially become Bears. RIM stock has been an absolute riot to trade ($$$$) for the last few months. The charts are nearly textbook so it's easy to see when to get in or out.

In the long run RIM stock will go up, but you can't expect a rally to last long as a lot of people want to secure their profit by selling which in turn reverses the trend.

But the number of such people that are bullish on RIM stock must be less than the number of people who are bearish. RIM is trading at $12 ish (and was recently trading at $7ish). So, clearly, there aren't enough buyers. If there were a lot of buyers (that is,if the demand was high, market was bullish on RIM), the stock would be going up and up and back to $150! But that's not the case. It stands to reason that people with vested interest in spreading negative news far outnumber the people with vested interest in spreading positive news.

That said, I think, most people on CrackBerry actually like BlackBerry(s) and hence are generally positive. But in general (all of the market, as a whole) the number of nay-sayers must be greatly outnumbering yay-sayers or the stock would be going up.
    chrysaurora and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-11-12 07:45 PM
    At this stage I agree 100%, few months back not so much. Now with BB10 just around the corner you can feel the anticipation , even from circles that a few months ago would not give the time of day but rather a sneer , those sneers are turning to smiles and raised eyebrows of curiosity. People deep down luv come back stories, as such even past RIM haters will respect what RIM has done with BB10 and perhaps even make a purchase after looking deeper, outside the realm of media. RIM will be the media darling soon enough with Thor & Team leading the way.
    now is the time to say, there is no such thing as bad publicity, there is only publicity................so RIM is winning................
    12-11-12 08:03 PM
    The stock is consolidating on the way up(float is churning over), that's BULLISH, the short interest is down 25%, that's BULLISH, bollinger bands look sweet, that's BULLISH. RIM is under a microscope so no crazy PE ratio's overnight to make it pop to $150 but I don't think $80 in 24 mths or less is out of the question. JMHO

12-11-12 08:11 PM
    The tide is turning. Just today @uncleRush tweeted how he just finished a meeting with BlackBerry execs and was wowed stating "BlackBerry is back in a big way"!

You know how influentual Uncle Rush is? You may lol but in all seriousness its people like him who have the power to get people to notice that BlackBerry10 is for real.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-11-12 08:12 PM
    That's 2 million plus eyes. That was nice of Uncle Rush.
    The tide is turning. Just today @uncleRush tweeted how he just finished a meeting with BlackBerry execs and was wowed stating "BlackBerry is back in a big way"!

You know how influentual Uncle Rush is? You may lol but in all seriousness its people like him who have the power to get people to notice that BlackBerry10 is for real.
    12-11-12 08:20 PM
    When you have seemingly the best product it pisses everyone off
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-12-12 01:07 PM
    Don't worry, Frank Boulben is at work ... besides the general consensus claiming BB10 is really great, this guy knows how to handle communication ... counter-fire in progress !
    #cocorico
    12-12-12 01:10 PM
    I think it would be awesome if someone found out that Steve Jobs bought 1,000,000 shares of RIMM when it was at $6.50
    12-12-12 03:11 PM
    I think it would be awesome if someone found out that Steve Jobs bought 1,000,000 shares of RIMM when it was at $6.50
    I think he passed before they were that low?
    12-12-12 04:16 PM
    As a student who is going to school for journalism, my bb is essential. I have the bold 9900 and i can send and receive emails on the go as i'm commuting to and from school on trains and buses.....i don't see how an iPhone could ever replace that. sure there are plenty of apps to use, and games to play, but nothing compares to the BB email and messaging system.

idk how journalists or even most business professionals only use iphones as both their personal and business devices. if anything I would have a BB as my business phone...it's a powerhouse in certain respects....
    Superfly_FR and Ray UM like this.
    12-12-12 04:20 PM
    As a student who is going to school for journalism, my bb is essential. I have the bold 9900 and i can send and receive emails on the go as i'm commuting to and from school on trains and buses.....i don't see how an iPhone could ever replace that. sure there are plenty of apps to use, and games to play, but nothing compares to the BB email and messaging system.

idk how journalists or even most business professionals only use iphones as both their personal and business devices. if anything I would have a BB as my business phone...it's a powerhouse in certain respects....
    Pretty soon they'll be swapping between work and play on the same phone. .
    12-12-12 04:26 PM
158 1234 ...