All I suggested is they market their own bloody flagship device in one of their best selling regions. So brilliant the mighty Chen didn't consider it.

It's a shame isn't it? The people over there kept telling John Chen: "Please sell the Z30 here, we'll buy millions of them immediately!!" And John Chen replied: "Not on your life. I'm trying to kill this company and sell it off in pieces for half of its market value. The shareholders and the board told me to do this."
    02-23-14 05:43 PM
    It's hard for some of you to believe that many among the general population believe, with good reason, that BlackBerry is dead. Just as hard as it is for some to believe that Android isn't a laggy malware ridden mess, 3rd part Apps are a necessary value add to any OS etc.

Just a few years ago BlackBerry was everywhere. Now they are becoming increasingly more rare. I just saw my first BB10 device in the wild 2 weeks ago and I pay attention to phones.

The sales rep was misinformed. Just like many of the opinions posed by trusted members of this forum regarding other OS. Get over it. If people were buying the devices this misconception wouldn't be so prevalent.
    This. Its that simple.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-23-14 05:43 PM
    Ok, I'll give him faux attention. Is that better? Lol.

I am now enveloped in a fake and transitory sense of all-encompassing warmth and love for humanity.

I wait for the drugs to wear off.
    02-23-14 05:44 PM
    Your brand loyalty. It has nothing to do with what others choose.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    That's why I'm here and not on a forum catering to equipment I don't use.
    momark likes this.
    02-23-14 05:45 PM
    Media loves winners and losers, both ends of the spectrum. Winners they love to promote to the ends of the earth... Losers they like to denigrate to the same extreme...

I work in media and I assure you that when we have those conversations we look at both ends of the extreme. Winners, and Losers.

Both sell "eyeballs" very well when it comes to money.
    Indeed, so the rubbishing isn't going to stop until blackberry gets their act together, produces some great products that people want to buy and markets them we'll.
    Glad we agree on that.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-23-14 05:48 PM
    I am now enveloped in a fake and transitory sense of all-encompassing warmth and love for humanity.

I wait for the drugs to wear off.
    I can actually feel it right through my tablet.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-23-14 05:48 PM
    I hope you don't mind me ignoring you.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    He waits for me...

I appear...

He ignores...

Sums his argument up really..
    02-23-14 05:50 PM

Never heard that called a "tablet", I guess I umm... feel sorry for you?

Maybe some day it will graduate to "horse pill"?
    02-23-14 05:50 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    You have a tablet?

Ok,

Get a glass of water, pop it in your mouth and... voila!

All will be right.
    02-23-14 05:51 PM
    You have a tablet?

Ok,

Get a glass of water, pop it in your mouth and... voila!

Ack. NOT popping that feely thing in my mouth!
    02-23-14 05:52 PM
    Indeed, so the rubbishing isn't going to stop until blackberry gets their act together, produces some great products that people want to buy and markets them we'll.
    Glad we agree on that.

And who will tell YOU to stop the rubbishing? LOL...

No offense, but if you don't use BlackBerry then it's not up to you to decide. It's up to the actual users.

Let's go back in the way back machine more a moment....

Who decided that Apple was finished? Who decided that they weren't?

I can easily give you links from the nineties spelling Apple's doom. Wired is a great example.

Can you send me a link outlining Apple's comeback from the grave?

I'd love to see it if you can post it here. Trust me, I've looked for it and I can't find it.

You're a better person than me if you can find it.
    02-23-14 05:53 PM
    Never heard that called a "tablet", I guess I umm... feel sorry for you?

Maybe some day it will graduate to "horse pill"?
    Its a 10" tablet mind you.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-23-14 05:54 PM
    It will take time for Blackberry to regain its name. Patience. We can't make that happen faster.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Dang... I didn't see you on the bandwagon... Is that you at the back on the left side? (Waves heartily...)
    :>)
    02-23-14 05:55 PM
    Ack. NOT popping that feely thing in my mouth!
    But...but...

There's no lag Omni...?

Of course you do!
    02-23-14 05:55 PM
    It's a shame isn't it? The people over there kept telling John Chen: "Please sell the Z30 here, we'll buy millions of them immediately!!" And John Chen replied: "Not on your life. I'm trying to kill this company and sell it off in pieces for half of its market value. The shareholders and the board told me to do this."
    You forgot "So that LYING sales reps can get trinkets and money".
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-23-14 05:57 PM
    Its a 10" tablet mind you.

Hey, I've got a 10" Android tablet too.

Maybe some day we'll go bar-hopping together and "cross swords".
    02-23-14 05:57 PM
    So let's get this right. You agree that bbry should not market the z30 in one of their best historical markets or promote their brand? However, you get upset when carriers are pushing end users to other selling brands?
    Ps why did they even bother launching the z30?

02-23-14 05:58 PM
    Dang... I didn't see you on the bandwagon... Is that you at the back on the left side? (Waves heartily...)
    :>)
    Correct. I'm not the little girl jumping up and down in the front row.

My life does not depend on if Blackberry comes back or not. I used them for quite a few years so am interested in their plight. If it happens it will not happen overnight.

I may even....hold on now....pick up a used Q10 to play around with. I have no allegiance to one brand. If I can find one for $200 or less that is. I wouldn't pay more.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 06:01 PM
    So let's get this right. You agree that bbry should not market the z30 in one of their best historical markets or promote their brand? However, you get upset when carriers are pushing end users to other selling brands?
    Ps why did they even bother launching the z30?

They launched the Z30 before Chen, and the other major corporate changes obviously. You don't work in corporate, do you?

On a side note, look earlier in this thread. I'm a Virgin Mobile Canada user. They're still advertising the Z10. But my buddy who wants one can't get it from Virgin Mobile. They don't sell it any more. So why do they still advertise it on their website?
    02-23-14 06:02 PM
    So let's get this right. You agree that bbry should not market the z30 in one of their best historical markets or promote their brand?

Thanks for yet again, attempting to spin my stance in ways that were never stated nor implied.

Remember, YOU confidently proclaimed that JOHN CHEN HIMSELF "REFUSED" to market that device there.

On what basis do you make such a claim?

For example, do you honestly think the reason that neither AT&T nor T-Mobile in the USA are selling the Z30 is because "Blackberry refused to offer it to them"?

In case you forgot what you wrote:

All I suggested is they market their own bloody flagship device in one of their best selling regions. So brilliant the mighty Chen didn't consider it.
    02-23-14 06:03 PM
    It works like this...

My opinion and yours are worth more than theirs, right here, right now.

Why do we qualify?

Because we own a BlackBerry.

If they want back in, they should get one, not squeak about 'platforms of choice' blah... blah...blah...blah...blah....
    Heh. I don't give friends a hard time if they don't have a BlackBerry phone.

I just feel sorry for them!
    02-23-14 06:04 PM
    Correct. I'm not the little girl jumping up and down in the front row.

My life does not depend on if Blackberry comes back or not. I used them for quite a few years so am interested in their plight. If it happens it will not happen overnight.

I may even....hold on now....pick up a used Q10 to play around with. I have no allegiance to one brand. If I can find one for $200 or less that is. I wouldn't pay more.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Welcome back TGeek!

I knew you'd get there...
    Heh. I don't give friends a hard time if they don't have a BlackBerry phone.

I just feel sorry for them!
    Leave my "sword" alone.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Nah, you love it.
    02-23-14 06:05 PM
    Leave my "sword" alone.

OK. Well I'll just go play with my Google Glass then.
    02-23-14 06:06 PM
339 ... 11121314