But don't forget we're all reacting to the OP, and assuming he's telling the truth, no?

Otherwise, why are we responding?
    And therein is the problem. Reacting rather that conversing. People are reacting as if they're lives have been challenged.

Its easier to attack some individual we don't know than a corporation like Blackberry.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 05:19 PM
    Playing the victim, of course.

I'm out of jewels and trinkets to reward the salesperson for lying, so that's my only option.
    What were you talking about earlier? Deflecting?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-23-14 05:20 PM
    Well my Verizon store has none on display. I went in to get a new sim card for a Z10 for my wife (im rockin the Z30 and love it!). The person just soon hoped I would vanish. No interest in helping, just wanted to talk me into another platform.

When I was preparing to buy my Z10 on launch day, I called a number of corporate Verizon stores to see who might be stocking it, whether I would have to wait in line, etc.

It's amazing the spectrum of responses I got. It ranged from people who acted like I was some kind of insane person for even asking about it, to people who seemed almost as excited about it as I was.

So the moral of the story (for me) is: call around until you find a simpatico rep, get their name, and go in asking to speak to them only. The woman I ultimately bought it from was perfectly pleasant, even though she kept trying to fob off overpriced accessories on me.
    02-23-14 05:20 PM
    What were you talking about earlier? Deflecting?

That's not deflecting, I was making a joke.

Or did you take me literally.
    02-23-14 05:21 PM
    Look at my posts 237 and 256.
    Let's be clear. I meant positive actions that bbry can take.
    You trying to tell carrier's how to manage their staff and posting a music video isn't really going to cut the mustard is it?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-23-14 05:21 PM
    And how we should react. Don't forget that.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Certainly not by sitting back and laughing... That accomplishes nothing.
    02-23-14 05:22 PM
    That's not deflecting, I was making a joke.

Or did you take me literally.
    OK, but I'm only giving you a 6/10.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 05:23 PM
    And therein is the problem. Reacting rather that conversing. People are reacting as if they're lives have been challenged.

Its easier to attack some individual we don't know than a corporation like Blackberry.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Well, that's human nature in a nutshell!

To be fair, this thread is kind of slanted anti-BlackBerry with no equivalent negativity towards Apple, Google, Samsung or Windows.

So it does come across as being somewhat slanted. As a pro-BlackBerry user myself, I have to say I see it that way, and feel compelled to defend BlackBerry myself.

Not that I care what most people use for their personal phones...
    02-23-14 05:25 PM
    The most important thing that everybody ignores is a major UK carrier no longer sales BB10 devices but still sells some Legacy. The reason given by a sales person is irrelevant to the bigger problem.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-23-14 05:27 PM
    It amazes me that you care so much. Its a cell phone. They come and go yet we have to attack people that don't think exactly like us? Really?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    It's called brand loyalty.
    I am a devout PRS (Paul Reed Smith) guitar lover. Nobody makes a guitar like PRS. I'll defend it to the end. I feel the same way about BB.
    I'm also rather fond of Toyota vehicles, and BMW and Suzuki motorcycles.
    02-23-14 05:29 PM
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm certainly not attacking the individual, even if cgk seems to think everyone either wants in her pants or wants to trivialize her gender.

What I DO believe a lot of people are reacting to is the constant reminders we keep hearing about with people in retail stores making up BS to try to steer people away from the platform.

So the real issue isn't some specific individual, it is an institutional mentality that seems to be, sadly, widespread.
    Thank you for finally saying it. You chose Blackberry and don't like seeing and hearing lots of negativity. That's human but we can't blame others for having different viewpoints than us. That's how wars start. You should not care what others think about your choices.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 05:29 PM
    If you can't understand why people "care so much", why do you care so much to post so many comments here?
    I guess I saw the ridiculousness of some comments and wanted to give a different perspective.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 05:30 PM
    It's called brand loyalty.
    I am a devout PRS (Paul Reed Smith) guitar lover. Nobody makes a guitar like PRS. I'll defend it to the end. I feel the same way about BB.
    I'm also rather fond of Toyota vehicles, and BMW and Suzuki motorcycles.
    Your brand loyalty. It has nothing to do with what others choose.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 05:31 PM
    Thank you for finally saying it. You chose Blackberry and don't like seeing and hearing lots of negativity.

Actually that's not accurate either.

If you read my posting history you would see plenty of criticism from me about the company and the product. Plenty.

What I do NOT like is BULL being made up about the company or product, in an attempt to denigrate it at all costs, even when it does not deserve it.
    02-23-14 05:32 PM
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm certainly not attacking the individual, even if cgk seems to think everyone either wants in her pants or wants to trivialize her gender.

What I DO believe a lot of people are reacting to is the constant reminders we keep hearing about with people in retail stores making up BS to try to steer people away from the platform.

So the real issue isn't some specific individual, it is an institutional mentality that seems to be, sadly, widespread.
    First off your cgk remark is unacceptable.

"institutional mentality ". Well yes, so why are these institutions down on bbry when they were superstars 3 years back with the same institutions?

02-23-14 05:33 PM
    And how in the world is that relevant to this discussion?

Legacy OS and devices are relevant to ALL discussions, for some people.
    keepthetorch likes this.
    02-23-14 05:34 PM
    Actually that's not accurate either.

If you read my posting history you would see plenty of criticism from me about the company and the product. Plenty.

What I do NOT like is BULL being made up about the company or product, in an attempt to denigrate it at all costs, even when it does not deserve it.
    The "bull" was produced by Blackberry, not sales people.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 05:35 PM
    Let's be clear. I meant positive actions that bbry can take.
    You trying to tell carrier's how to manage their staff and posting a music video isn't really going to cut the mustard is it?

People smarter than you or I are running BlackBerry. I have faith in John Chen.
    All you've suggested is what they failed at doing, or did I miss something?
    02-23-14 05:35 PM
    It amazes me that you care so much. Its a cell phone. They come and go yet we have to attack people that don't think exactly like us? Really?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    I've attacked who, exactly?

Oh, and thanks for waiting!
    02-23-14 05:36 PM
    "institutional mentality ". Well yes, so why are these institutions down on bbry when they were superstars 3 years back with the same institutions?
    Media loves winners and losers, both ends of the spectrum. Winners they love to promote to the ends of the earth... Losers they like to denigrate to the same extreme...

I work in media and I assure you that when we have those conversations we look at both ends of the extreme. Winners, and Losers.

Both sell "eyeballs" very well when it comes to money.
    02-23-14 05:36 PM
    The "bull" was produced by Blackberry, not sales people.

Oh.

So BlackBerry told the salesperson to advise customers that they are out of business and have been sold in pieces?
    02-23-14 05:37 PM
    I'm not laughing at the issue, I'm laughing at your reaction to it.

My answer you have heard but don't like. Don't blame the salesperson, blame Blackberry for their past actions. Stick with Blackberry but be patient and expect them to take a while to save face. Don't expect others to do it for them.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    There is no point in living in the past.
    I do things TODAY that will hopefully affect things for the betterment of tomorrow.
    :>)
    02-23-14 05:39 PM
    People smarter than you or I are running BlackBerry. I have faith in John Chen.
    All you've suggested is what they failed at doing, or did I miss something?
    All I suggested is they market their own bloody flagship device in one of their best selling regions. So brilliant the mighty Chen didn't consider it.

02-23-14 05:41 PM
    It's hard for some of you to believe that many among the general population believe, with good reason, that BlackBerry is dead. Just as hard as it is for some to believe that Android isn't a laggy malware ridden mess, 3rd part Apps are a necessary value add to any OS etc.

Just a few years ago BlackBerry was everywhere. Now they are becoming increasingly more rare. I just saw my first BB10 device in the wild 2 weeks ago and I pay attention to phones.

The sales rep was misinformed. Just like many of the opinions posed by trusted members of this forum regarding other OS. Get over it. If people were buying the devices this misconception wouldn't be so prevalent.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    There is no point in living in the past.
    I do things TODAY that will hopefully affect things for the betterment of tomorrow.
    :>)
    Listen closely to what I said. Living today has nothing to do with it. It will take time for Blackberry to regain its name. Patience. We can't make that happen faster.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
339 ... 1011121314