[WARN]Time for everyone to stop the bickering and insults and get back on track. This thread has been reviewed and cleaned up, but will certainly be closed if the mud-slinging continues![/WARN]
    02-23-14 03:37 PM
    I maintain what I said. To normal people, pulling out a camera in a phone store to catch a clerk lying about a phone is insane. Who would go to that time and effort and for what? To notify BlackBerry of what they already know? If they don't care, why make yourself look psycho by doing it for them? It's not like you are trying to catch people breaking voting laws or putting unlicensed abortionists out of practice. IT IS JUST A PHONE. SALESPEOPLE LIE! GET OVER IT! Are you going to record the dress shop where they tell you your wife looks thin in that dress but doesn't? Are you going to record the car salesman? By your logic, everyone is guilty until proven innocent and deserves a camera in their face until they prove they meet your ethical standards. Save your public recordings for the political uprising or the unlawful traffic stop. Getting this worked up over phones is inconceivable to onlookers and YES- it makes you look crazy!

Posted via CB10
    Nicely put.
    The fact that anyone can even have a debate about whether bbry is still in business shows just how bad things have got.
    Whose fault is this?
    Everybody but blackberry apparently.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    TgeekB and JeepBB like this.
    02-23-14 03:38 PM
    So we should all follow the lowest common denominator?

"Well Politicians aren't honest, so why should I be?"

Is that your logic? Really? What happened to moral fibre?
    I agree absolutely. We should always start at the highest common denominator. But if this is happening at the same store chain or even all over, shouldn't BlackBerry be trying to figure out why? I can't help but think the salespeople are often saying what they've been told to say- but why? If their manager to them to say it because corporate told them to say it, then sticking a camera in their face won't solve the problem. Shouldn't BlackBerry corporate be asking the head of sales at that retail corporation what is going on?

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and kbz1960 like this.
    02-23-14 03:38 PM
    It all went out the window when you stopped answering this question truthfully: "does my arse look big in this"? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Heh.

Ok brother, what part of Ireland are you from? My family is from Armagh, close to Portadown... Creggans and Tartaraghan. You?
    02-23-14 03:40 PM
    If politicians can't get that right? do you really expect salespeople to do it? Lmao

The funny thing about that argument is that it is almost never used against YOUR fave politician that shares your values, even when they are blatantly lying.

People tend to only accuse politicians of lying when they don't share their political views.

And even when the politicians who don't share their views are NOT lying, people seem to INVENT lying as a way to try to malign them.

At least in my experience.
    02-23-14 03:45 PM
    Just popped into my local 3 mobile store in Lancaster, UK.

And asked. have you got any BlackBerry Smartphones. And the young girl told me. That BlackBerry are not trading and the company has been split up into parts and sold off.

Even though I told her I was a BlackBerry Elite and this info was false. She said this is what she has been told to say to customers.
    Even though I corrected her. She didn't care. And I made a point that you can't tell your customers this as it's un-true.

Then she lost track and attempted to justify it. As I walked out.

Posted via CB10
    Can you please confirm I'm seeing the proper dealers group ?
    Search Results
    If not, please give me a link to their site ?
    02-23-14 03:46 PM
    I guess that makes the rest of us blackberry peasants?
    Elite must mean BB10 the peasants must be still back on OS7 or maybe still using qwerty.
    02-23-14 03:47 PM
    I'm sad with the idiocy in this world. I do not particularly mind about the brand (although blackberry is ideal) but I just want a good business in mind, qwerty smartphone. With this sort of sh*t in a few years the only option will be android or iPhone, all touchscreen only app-based.
    02-23-14 03:47 PM
    Heh.

Ok brother, what part of Ireland are you from? My family is from Armagh, close to Portadown... Creggans and Tartaraghan. You?
    I live in Lisburn but I'm not actually from NI.

02-23-14 03:50 PM
    I'm glad the apps work to your satisfaction, however that doesn't change the reality of the situation. The android runtime is not a marketable feature (as of right now). Some apps work, some don't. Some notifications work, while some don't. A lot of BB users are satisfied with the experience which is largely due to the fact that they had no apps to begin with (which is understandable).
    I'm simply perplexed; do you honestly expect the Android Runtime feature to run perfectly out of the gate? Like any process, the Android Runtime will be improved and perfected as the BlackBerry team keeps working on it. I'm sure you were very rusty when you started working where you are now and with time, you must have improved. Same principle applies to anything new. Lets be realistic.
    Finally, the Android Runtime or another equivalent feature is a necessary evil or capability that BlackBerry must have if it wants to have the chance to remain relevant in the mobile consumer industry. BlackBerry must learn how to effectively market this "versatility".
    02-23-14 03:53 PM
    I live in Lisburn but I'm not actually from NI.

What part of the South if I might ask? I'm in Canada, went back a few years ago and toured the entire country from North to South.

I particularly enjoyed Galway Bay and Connemara.

Best night going back was close to Tintin, at an old farmhouse. Best night's sleep ever.
    02-23-14 04:06 PM
    If politicians can't get that right? do you really expect salespeople to do it? Lmao

What's so funny?
    Of course I expect it, don't you? Why doesn't everybody? The sales people in my company tell the truth or they get fired. Pretty simple rule really, and easy to monitor. Educate your staff and weed out the non-compliant troublemakers. If a manager is not doing these simple things, they either need re-training or they themselves should be put on notice or fired.
    OP experienced a sales person who lied. That person "probably" knew better, but let's just say they didn't.
    That person should be re-trained. If they repeat the lies, they get fired.
    Simple. It drives me nuts to think we should all roll over and put up with getting shafted by ignorant, morally bankrupt individuals or companies. I'll NEVER put up with it. Neither will my son.

:>)
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-23-14 04:15 PM
    No one here knows if the rep lied.
    We know she gave incorrect information.
    There's a difference.

bbq10l likes this.
    02-23-14 04:18 PM
    What's so funny?
    Of course I expect it, don't you? Why doesn't everybody? The sales people in my company tell the truth or they get fired. Pretty simple rule really, and easy to monitor. Educate your staff and weed out the non-compliant troublemakers. If a manager is not doing these simple things, they either need re-training or they themselves should be put on notice or fired.
    OP experienced a sales person who lied. That person "probably" knew better, but let's just say they didn't.
    That person should be re-trained. If they repeat the lies, they get fired.
    Simple. It drives me nuts to think we should all roll over and put up with getting shafted by ignorant, morally bankrupt individuals or companies. I'll NEVER put up with it. Neither will my son.

:>)
    Refreshing to hear, and rare these days.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    02-23-14 04:20 PM
    There's a difference.

Either way, pretty sad no?
    canuckvoip likes this.
    02-23-14 04:20 PM
    There's a difference.

Taken from MW online...

1: to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
    2: to create a false or misleading impression

Not going to debate the use of the word. What was said was a lie, plain and simple. How it came to be said should result in re-training or firing, whatever fixes the sickness in the store/company quickly.
    02-23-14 04:25 PM
    Either way, pretty sad no?
    Sad yes, but to be honest, given BBRY's profile, I'm not at all surprised .
    This just would not happen if bbry had made an effort to market the z30 in the UK.
    After the up for sale/not up for sale fiasco, they just had to relaunch the brand.

02-23-14 04:28 PM
    That's what they told me at Virgin and RadioShack Egypt.
    They said they don't stock them anymore because blackberry is dead and my z10 is worth 25% of its original price(4.8K) if I would like to trade it for a better phone.
    Seriously a 1.2k can't even get me a lumia!

Posted Via CB10 Running On Z10STL100-2 Using OS Version 10.2.1.2141
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-23-14 04:32 PM
    That's what they told me at Virgin and RadioShack Egypt.
    They said they don't stock them anymore because blackberry is dead and my z10 is worth 25% of its original price(4.8K) if I would like to trade it for a better phone.

Sorry to hear.

You might consider putting your BlackBerry up on eBay and see if your provider is wrong about the value.

On the other hand, what do you consider a "better" phone?

I guess it isn't BlackBerry, so is it an iPhone, Android or Windows Phone? Please, share.

Just curious.
    02-23-14 04:36 PM
    This just would not happen if bbry had made an effort to market the z30 in the UK.
    After the up for sale/not up for sale fiasco, they just had to relaunch the brand.

Way to justify a lie again. Come on the point was the rep lied, honestly if you were sick with even if a little chance of survival, would you like someone to say your dead, ...yes right?

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech and canuckvoip like this.
    02-23-14 04:36 PM

BlackBerry is responsible for making sure that managers and employees in a company other than theirs does not tell lies...
    Right then.
    NOT!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-23-14 04:38 PM
    I'm simply perplexed; do you honestly expect the Android Runtime feature to run perfectly out of the gate? Like any process, the Android Runtime will be improved and perfected as the BlackBerry team keeps working on it. I'm sure you were very rusty when you started working where you are now and with time, you must have improved.
    Did you read the post/posts that was quoted? According to the Delroyj (the poster I originally quoted), Blackberry should have marketed the Android runtime more (since the app gap is now closed). I disagreed considering the run time is a work in progress and it would be silly to promote something that's not fully ready (Blackberry can't afford to do this).

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    02-23-14 04:38 PM
    Way to justify a lie again. Come on the point was the rep lied, honestly if you were sick with even if a little chance of survival, would you like someone to say your dead, ...yes right?

Posted via CB10
    Let's never talk about the fact that the sales rep lied again, it's not his/her fault!

Obviously there must be an excuse for it. Otherwise wouldn't they just be up front?
    Omnitech and canuckvoip like this.
    02-23-14 04:41 PM
    Sorry to hear.

You might consider putting your BlackBerry up on eBay and see if your provider is wrong about the value.

On the other hand, what do you consider a "better" phone?

I guess it isn't BlackBerry, so is it an iPhone, Android or Windows Phone? Please, share.

Just curious.
    I honestly don't know, but if I am planning to change my phone, I'd follow the crowd and get a Samsung, but it won't change the fact that I'm a blackberry fan, maybe when they come up with a better idea I'd give it a shot again.

But for now I'll stick to my z10, because a 1.2k is worthless and won't even get me a lumia nor a legacy BlackBerry device.

02-23-14 04:42 PM
    I honestly don't know, but if I am planning to change my phone, I'd follow the crowd and get a Samsung, but it won't change the fact that I'm a blackberry fan, maybe when they come up with a better idea I'd give it a shot again.

But for now I'll stick to my z10, because a 1.2k is worthless and won't even get me a lumia nor a legacy BlackBerry device.

I have a few friends using a Samsung Galaxy S4, it's not a bad phone.

Then again, whether you're using an iPhone, BlackBerry, Android or Windows phone - NONE of them are bad phones!

It's up to you. If you're cheap, then go Android. If you want NO LAG, then go iPhone or BlackBerry.

Good luck, in any event. Sorry you aren't happy with your Z10.
    02-23-14 04:46 PM
339 ... 89101112 ...