No. Seeing a customer videotape a salesperson.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Yes I have seen people recording things while shopping and talking to sales people. I don't know what for, but I have seen it.

I have never seen a rep lie to another person though, and this is what we are talking about. It's far too specific of a situation.
    02-23-14 02:45 PM
    Read a few days back that prescription lenses might be coming too.

Not sure I'd wear a set myself, unless they become less erm nerdish, but the technology and potential is impressive.
    Wow. That's crazy.

I agree. I won't even wear a Bluetooth headset. Lol.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 02:45 PM
    I can't believe you would equate filming a rep in a phone store with protestors or the police. BlackBerry is just not that important. You are dealing with sales and marketing; you are not protesting a government nor are your civil rigjts being violated.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. If BB isn't that important, why (and many others), as non-BB users, posting in this thread? If you can, try to keep "my opinion" out of your answers. Just curious.
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-23-14 02:46 PM
    Hey I've got a cool idea: let's talk about Google Glass.
    02-23-14 02:47 PM
    My nephew got an invite into beta but I think it was $1500! Crazy.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Yea last I heard a lot of people were getting invites now. $1500 is crazy to me as well.

Read a few days back that prescription lenses might be coming too.

Not sure I'd wear a set myself, unless they become less erm nerdish, but the technology and potential is impressive.
    Yea I heard it will be working with prescriptions as well.

Agree. Until the tech is built into the lens, I wouldn't want it.
    02-23-14 02:48 PM
    Yes I have seen people recording things while shopping and talking to sales people. I don't know what for, but I have seen it.

I have never seen a rep lie to another person though, and this is what we are talking about. It's far too specific of a situation.
    According to the OP, she said that is what she was told to say. I'm not saying its right, just that it is not the only reason Blackberry is not selling. That is much more complex.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 02:49 PM
    True. I guess I forget because I don't buy from a carrier any more. Maybe this is why things are changing so much and people are moving to off contract phones.

By the way, thanks for having a civil conversation. I appreciate it.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    No problem. It's easy to get worked up on these forums, we're obviously passionate people and we like what we like, heh!

There have been times I've gotten myself worked up into a lather and regretted it later. In the end, regardless of what tech we like, we're pretty much the same.... At the same time, I love a good heated argument! =) Cheers!
    02-23-14 02:49 PM
    According to the OP, she said that is what she was told to say. I'm not saying its right, just that it is not the only reason Blackberry is not selling. That is much more complex.

I missed the part where someone here claimed it was the only reason Blackberry isn't selling well.
    02-23-14 02:50 PM
    Hey I've got a cool idea: let's talk about Google Glass.
    I can see right through that one
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-23-14 02:51 PM
    No problem. It's easy to get worked up on these forums, we're obviously passionate people and we like what we like, heh!

There have been times I've gotten myself worked up into a lather and regretted it later. In the end, regardless of what tech we like, we're pretty much the same.... At the same time, I love a good heated argument! =) Cheers!
    Couldn't agree more! Its as if world peace has been fixed so now this is the most important thing. It is our hobby though.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 02:51 PM
    Interesting. If BB isn't that important, why (and many others), as non-BB users, posting in this thread? If you can, try to keep "my opinion" out of your answers. Just curious.
    People post on this thread because they own and use BlackBerry. Why do you assume they are non-BB users? Big assumption. They enjoy talking about the phone and the drama surrounding the company. However, escalating that interest to secretly recording salespeople and taking cameras into stores is insanity and frankly catapults them to stalker status. Going into stores like that to catch someone saying something "wrong" is at the stalking level. Not hard to understand, and that is MY OPINION WHICH IS JUST AS VALID AS YOURS.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-23-14 02:53 PM
    I can see right through that one

My motivations are transparent.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-23-14 02:53 PM
    As a final to do, I see nothing wrong with going to the manager of the store and stating your complaint - but in a civil manner. NOT like on here. You will get farther and promote good will!

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    bbq10l and kbz1960 like this.
    02-23-14 02:54 PM
    Thanks for clarifying this. I assumed as much, but your OP led to much speculation obviously.
    I'll go back to my OP and add an on at the bottom. If that helps

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 02:58 PM
    As a final to do, I see nothing wrong with going to the manager of the store and stating your complaint - but in a civil manner. NOT like on here. You will get farther and promote good will!

So let's say, in a totally plausible scenario, the manager says:

"Oh? I don't believe that. My salespeople wouldn't lie to customers. Do you have proof of this?"

And then:

"Let me go ask the rep........ hey so-and-so, did you say 'X' to this customer?"

Rep: "Oh NO, I would never do that. Why would I do that?"

Then what?

That's the whole _point_ of doing the recording.

It's always hilarious when people suggest complaining to an unethical company that they are unethical.

Would be like Edward Snowden sending an open letter to the POTUS complaining about NSA transgressions - with no evidence. He'd be laughed out of town.
    Couldn't agree more! Its as if world peace has been fixed so now this is the most important thing. It is our hobby though.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Cheers, and well met. Not sure about world peace though... If the only thing we had to fight about was cellphones, I'd be happy about that. =)
    JeepBB and kbz1960 like this.
    I'll go back to my OP and add an on at the bottom. If that helps

Posted via CB10
    For newcomers to the thread, it probably would help.
    02-23-14 02:59 PM
    So let's say, in a totally plausible scenario, the manager says:

"Oh? I don't believe that. My salespeople wouldn't lie to customers. Do you have proof of this?"

And then:

"Let me go ask the rep........ hey so-and-so, did you say 'X' to this customer?"

Rep: "Oh NO, I would never do that. Why would I do that?"

Then what?

That's the whole _point_ of doing the recording.

It's always hilarious when people suggest complaining to an unethical company that they are unethical.

Would be like Edward Snowden sending an open letter to the POTUS complaining about NSA transgressions - with no evidence. He'd be laughed out of town.
    It's totally valid to record your experience, even if you are looking for trouble.

60 minutes set the bar in media. And local media followed with their "undercover" investigations. There's nothing wrong with any person with a camera recording their personal experience with a company if it's acceptable for news organizations. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

We live in a surveillance world. Sales reps have no expectation of privacy if no one else does.
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-23-14 03:11 PM
    If I worked at a phone store and someone walked in to my store looking for an argument and then told me they were a "BlackBerry Elite", my respect for them would grow about as much as if they declared themself an 8th level Dungeon Master.
    JeepBB and bbq10l like this.
    02-23-14 03:14 PM

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Agreed. It is definitely not the only reason.
    02-23-14 03:16 PM
    People post on this thread because they own and use BlackBerry. Why do you assume they are non-BB users? Big assumption. They enjoy talking about the phone and the drama surrounding the company. However, escalating that interest to secretly recording salespeople and taking cameras into stores is insanity and frankly catapults them to stalker status. Going into stores like that to catch someone saying something "wrong" is at the stalking level. Not hard to understand, and that is MY OPINION WHICH IS JUST AS VALID AS YOURS.

Posted via CB10
    I am looking at the phones listed in their profile or "posted using..." Assumption, maybe, but many are obvious which is fine. What phones you use are your decision. It was really an open-ended question not completely pertaining to this thread per-se but most others being of pro-BB. I have seen the situation numerous times in stores regarding BB. The first indication is the "deer in the headlights" look back. I do believe you understand what I am (and others) are talking about and that is not stalking. I do agree with you it should not escalate into a "stalking" situation

You are right there!!
    02-23-14 03:18 PM
    So shouldn't they just not go back? I don't see why it is such an important issue.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Whaaaa????
    Every customer for any product should expect the right to be able to go into store XYZ and get proper truthful SERVICE and information. No lies, no BS.
    Any argument against that just illustrates a slow and steady societal degradation.
    And just for the record, there's no such thing as a personal vendetta, I just disagree with you at this moment in time.
    :>)
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-23-14 03:19 PM
    Whaaaa????
    Every customer for any product should expect the right to be able to go into store XYZ and get proper truthful SERVICE and information. No lies, no BS.
    Any argument against that just illustrates a slow and steady societal degradation.
    And just for the record, there's no such thing as a personal vendetta, I just disagree with you at this moment in time.
    :>)
    If politicians can't get that right? do you really expect salespeople to do it? Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    TgeekB and kbz1960 like this.
    02-23-14 03:23 PM
    If politicians can't get that right? do you really expect salespeople to do it? Lmao

So we should all follow the lowest common denominator?

"Well Politicians aren't honest, so why should I be?"

Is that your logic? Really? What happened to moral fibre?
    02-23-14 03:26 PM
    So we should all follow the lowest common denominator?

"Well Politicians aren't honest, so why should I be?"

Is that your logic? Really? What happened to moral fibre?
    It all went out the window when you stopped answering this question truthfully: "does my arse look big in this"? Lol

kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    02-23-14 03:33 PM
339 ... 7891011 ...