Just one thing Eugene. I did not just walk into the shop to ask this. I went in as a customer and was served. Then I asked the question, as I noticed there were no BlackBerry smartphones on display. As she was adamant that she was telling the truth and what ever I said to correct her was wrong. I as a last resort informed her I was a BlackBerry Elite member, hoping it would help resolve this and that I knew she was wrong. End of.

Posted via CB10
    You went in and you got served, anything beyond that is time wasting, tire kicking etc

PS, my name is not Eugene lol.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    JeepBB and bbq10l like this.
    02-23-14 02:26 PM
    Just one thing Eugene. I did not just walk into the shop to ask this. I went in as a customer and was served. Then I asked the question, as I noticed there were no BlackBerry smartphones on display. As she was adamant that she was telling the truth and what ever I said to correct her was wrong. I as a last resort informed her I was a BlackBerry Elite member, hoping it would help resolve this and that I knew she was wrong. End of.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for clarifying this. I assumed as much, but your OP led to much speculation obviously.
    02-23-14 02:27 PM
    For the record, being a secret pretend shopper was never part of being a BB Elite.

I've worked with secret shopper organisations, most make it a point in the contract that material collected cannot be used for HR related disciplinary actions only training and development.
    02-23-14 02:27 PM
    I can't believe you would equate filming a rep in a phone store with protestors or the police. BlackBerry is just not that important. You are dealing with sales and marketing; you are not protesting a government nor are your civil rigjts being violated.

Posted via CB10
    That's not the point. Just pulling out a camera doesn't make you insane. If the person pulled out a camera and harassed the rep, I would agree with you. Pulling out a camera and asking a question is not insane by any means at all, especially if they are being polite.

Blatantly LYING to a customer in todays world, where you can be proven wrong in one Google search is the insane thing to do.
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-23-14 02:28 PM
    Have you actually seen someone wearing one yet? I haven't. I wonder if they will catch on or not.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    No I haven't. It's a "beta" right now, so I really don't expect to see much of it yet. When it is available for mass production, I expect to see it a lot. Look at instagram and FaceBook. Everyone seems to want to know about everyone else's business, why not live stream it? It seems like the next logical step.

Gamers do this with TwitchTV. Personally, I would rather play the game myself than watch some guy play, but that's me. There is a market for it.

Google Glass will take "live blogging" to the next level.
    02-23-14 02:30 PM
    That's not the point. Just pulling out a camera doesn't make you insane. If the person pulled out a camera and harassed the rep, I would agree with you. Pulling out a camera and asking a question is not insane by any means at all, especially if they are being polite.

Blatantly LYING to a customer in todays world, where you can be proven wrong in one Google search is the insane thing to do.
    I'd say its close. How often have you seen it?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    JeepBB and bbq10l like this.
    No I haven't. It's a "beta" right now, so I really don't expect to see much of it yet. When it is available for mass production, I expect to see it a lot.
    I think its supposed to be a lot cheaper too.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    You went in and you got served, anything beyond that is time wasting, tire kicking etc

So from your point of view when the customer asks "Have you got XYZ product" they should be fed a load of BULL?

Assuming the OP is telling the truth, the sales associate gave him the wrong information, whether knowingly or not.

Is this an acceptable situation in any situation? From my point of view, it's not. It's horrible service, imo.
    Omnitech and web99 like this.
    02-23-14 02:31 PM

Just on Twitter I guess.
    02-23-14 02:31 PM
    So from your point of view when the customer asks "Have you got XYZ product" they should be fed a load of BULL?

Assuming the OP is telling the truth, the sales associate gave him the wrong information, whether knowingly or not.

Is this an acceptable situation in any situation? From my point of view, it's not. It's horrible service, imo.
    So shouldn't they just not go back? I don't see why it is such an important issue.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 02:33 PM
    Wasn't expecting the sales assistant to come out with this. So pulling my phone out and recording her, may of silenced her.

Posted via CB10
    Understood. It's easier to say what to do when not in the moment, but that was the first thing that came to my mind, and I think I probably would have done it.
    02-23-14 02:33 PM

I see them both as being wrong.

02-23-14 02:34 PM
    I'd say its close. How often have you seen it?

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Seen customers record reps lying? Not often, I don't eavesdrop really, and haven't made it my goal to check for others doing this.
    02-23-14 02:36 PM
    Seen customers record reps lying? Not often, I don't eavesdrop really, and haven't made it my goal to check for others doing this.
    No. Seeing a customer videotape a salesperson.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 02:37 PM

So shouldn't they just not go back? I don't see why it is such an important issue

Because some people in this world actually care about honesty and character.

In fact, there are lots of laws on the books about this when it comes to businesses, and retailers in particular.

But let me get this straight: you think it's OK for retail staff to blatantly lie to customers. Do I have that right?

And if they do lie, assuming the customer can figure this out, then the only thing that should happen is the customer should not return.

Correct?
    02-23-14 02:37 PM

I maintain what I said. To normal people, pulling out a camera in a phone store to catch a clerk lying about a phone is insane. Who would go to that time and effort and for what? To notify BlackBerry of what they already know? If they don't care, why make yourself look psycho by doing it for them? It's not like you are trying to catch people breaking voting laws or putting unlicensed abortionists out of practice. IT IS JUST A PHONE. SALESPEOPLE LIE! GET OVER IT! Are you going to record the dress shop where they tell you your wife looks thin in that dress but doesn't? Are you going to record the car salesman? By your logic, everyone is guilty until proven innocent and deserves a camera in their face until they prove they meet your ethical standards. Save your public recordings for the political uprising or the unlawful traffic stop. Getting this worked up over phones is inconceivable to onlookers and YES- it makes you look crazy!

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and Moonbase0ne like this.
    02-23-14 02:38 PM
    So shouldn't they just not go back? I don't see why it is such an important issue.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    If it's a shop, then just walk away. Easy peasy.

If it's your mobile provider and you have a long term plan with them, then that implies a longer term "relationship". Obviously you're tied at the hip for a period of time, so it becomes more important. You can't just 'walk away' from a contract like you would a shop.
    02-23-14 02:39 PM
    Nobody has the right to complain about a sales person if they never had the intention to buy in the first place. Time waster vs bad salesperson, none wins.

?

Posted via CB10
    I think its supposed to be a lot cheaper too.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Yea, rumors are it will be under $400 last I saw. Definitely cheap for what it is.
    Looks like 3 Mobile only have LWho comes up with this crap-imageuploadedbycb-forums1393187966.056038.jpgegacy BBs for sale at the moment.

I see them both as being wrong.

I don't, based on what the OP said. He asked a question, which imo is perfectly normal as a customer.

The sales associate escalated when she fed him the wrong information. In the case of this thread, she was clearly in the wrong. I don't care what pressures she was under as a rep. She was wrong in what she said.

End of.
    Omnitech and web99 like this.
    02-23-14 02:40 PM
    If it's a shop, then just walk away. Easy peasy.

If it's your mobile provider and you have a long term plan with them, then that implies a longer term "relationship". Obviously you're tied at the hip for a period of time, so it becomes more important. You can't just 'walk away' from a contract like you would a shop.
    True. I guess I forget because I don't buy from a carrier any more. Maybe this is why things are changing so much and people are moving to off contract phones.

By the way, thanks for having a civil conversation. I appreciate it.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 02:41 PM
    SALESPEOPLE LIE!

Correct.

GET OVER IT!

No.
    02-23-14 02:41 PM
    Yea, rumors are it will be under $400 last I saw. Definitely cheap for what it is.
    My nephew got an invite into beta but I think it was $1500! Crazy.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 02:42 PM
    Read a few days back that prescription lenses might be coming too.

Not sure I'd wear a set myself, unless they become less erm nerdish, but the technology and potential is impressive.
    02-23-14 02:43 PM
339 ... 678910 ...