The 3 network page are choosing to deny this response of their sales assistant and claim that it's the Z10 and Q10 that are.....end of life...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 01:44 PM
    I do agree with your last statement. I don't think bullying or sticking a camera in someone's face at a store is the right course of action. It will only make people hate you and by default- the brand. If someone stuck a camera in my face, I would have them thrown out by security.
    And then the person would have it on camera that you called security to have them removed for recording you while asking a simple question. And they may have you lying on camera as well.

You lose in the end, not the guy doing the recording. You will most likely lose your job because you are blatantly lying on camera, and having a peaceful customer removed due to your ignorance and trying to save face.
    thisiscjay likes this.
    02-23-14 01:45 PM
    If someone stuck a camera in my face, I would have them thrown out by security. This kind of nonsense just points out the fact BlackBerry does not sell and that BlackBerry fans can be crazy in their support for the brand.

It's SO outrageous when people express the fact that they don't like being lied-to.
    02-23-14 01:46 PM
    Nobody has the right to complain about a sales person if they never had the intention to buy in the first place. Time waster vs bad salesperson, none wins.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-23-14 01:47 PM
    But are all sales people "professionals"? Aren't some of them just kids working through college?

I understand your frustrating and I don't condone lying, but the last person I get my information from is a sales person. No disrespect intended.

So why work so hard here to excuse it?

People shouldn't be doing ANY job if they cannot do it ethically.

What are your personal ethical standards? At what point do you have a right to expect honesty?
    Plazmic Flame and thisiscjay like this.
    02-23-14 01:47 PM
    ...this is another reason why BlackBerry has to get into the media and spread the RIGHT word about them. Consumers only see adverts from the likes of Apple, Android, etc. So, this isn't helping.
    02-23-14 01:48 PM
    You are using "ethically" incorrectly but let's stick with it for the moment -

"is it unethical for a minimum wage member of staff who earns commission and works for a multinational to do what they can to maximise their earnings to put food on the table?"
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-23-14 01:49 PM
    Just popped into my local 3 mobile store in Lancaster, UK.

And asked. have you got any BlackBerry Smartphones. And the young girl told me. That BlackBerry are not trading and the company has been split up into parts and sold off.

Even though I told her I was a BlackBerry Elite and this info was false. She said this is what she has been told to say to customers.
    Even though I corrected her. She didn't care. And I made a point that you can't tell your customers this as it's un-true.

Then she lost track and attempted to justify it. As I walked out.

Posted via CB10

The poor girl is just an ignorant serf performing slave labour for minimum wage in a phone shop so don't be too hard on her.
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-23-14 01:51 PM
    "is it unethical for a minimum wage member of staff who earns commission and works for a multinational to do what they can to maximise their earnings to put food on the table?"

Not enough data to answer.
    02-23-14 01:51 PM
    And then the person would have it on camera that you called security to have them removed for recording you while asking a simple question. And they may have you lying on camera as well.

You lose in the end, not the guy doing the recording. You will most likely lose your job because you are blatantly lying on camera, and having a peaceful customer removed due to your ignorance and trying to save face.
    A person in a store sticking a camera in the face of employees is not a "peaceful customer." That person is considered insane and would be removed from the store. I have worked retail, and this would not be tolerated. It is the customer with the camera who would be considered crazy- why would anyone care enough about a phone to act this way? If they would do this- what is next? That is how normal people would think.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB, JeepBB and Moonbase0ne like this.
    02-23-14 01:52 PM
    Doesn't it seem like some places are so far behind with advertising? I heard an ad on the radio the other day (don't remember what for) but the day it expired was a few days previous! Who's driving the ship? Lol.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Could be, Virgin is owned by Bell (in Canada) and they probably want to drive more customers to the parent company with the higher priced plans? I could see that laziness, for sure.

My curiousity is officially piqued however, and I will be checking the site periodically. I'm tempted to start a thread about it actually.
    02-23-14 01:52 PM
    So why work so hard here to excuse it?

People shouldn't be doing ANY job if they cannot do it ethically.

What are your personal ethical standards? At what point do you have a right to expect honesty?
    This isn't an ethics forum but I work in healthcare and my standards are high. At the same time I realize that we all are different and we cannot expect everyone to be a clone of us. For instance, peoples lives are at stake where I work, not so at T-Mobile.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-23-14 01:53 PM
    I wait for the day when someone is able to record one of these conversations and just post it to YouTube. Then lets see how fast John Chen swoops in to set things straight. Given that he had no fear to voice concerns directly to John L. at T-Mobile, I'm sure he'd have no problem slapping some shop owners upside the head.
    Now look at the Wall St articles about BBRY.

For example, the small analyst firm (two people, from what I can tell, a guy and his wife) that use the terminology "Featured Telecommunications Winner", if you read their news articles on BlackBerry, at the bottom you will see several paragraphs explaining why they think the stock is a dog and are advising their clients to get rid of it.
    Whatever. I doubt they would go that far. They would likely only do the search to answer the question as to whether BB had doubled in price in the last couple of months as suggested by the customer. Nevertheless, even if they do go further, their first impression will be positive - and you never get another chance to make a good first impression.
    ...touche'

You are using "ethically" incorrectly but let's stick with it for the moment -

02-23-14 01:55 PM
    I wait for the day when someone is able to record one of these conversations and just post it to YouTube. Then lets see how fast John Chen swoops in to set things straight. Given that he had no fear to voice concerns directly to John L. at T-Mobile, I'm sure he'd have no problem slapping some shop owners upside the head.
    I doubt he would waste his time.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-23-14 01:56 PM
    I have worked retail

This thread is full of SO many surprises.
    thisiscjay likes this.
    02-23-14 01:57 PM
    A person in a store sticking a camera in the face of employees is not a "peaceful customer." That person is considered insane and would be removed from the store. I have worked retail, and this would not be tolerated. It is the customer with the camera who would be considered crazy- why would anyone care enough about a phone to act this way? If they would do this- what is next? That is how normal people would think.

Posted via CB10
    How is someone insane for pulling out a camera? You are the insane one if you think you can lie to someones face and get away with it in todays world.

I guess I'm insane, but if a rep blatantly lied to me, I would record it and talk to their manager. Just like we can record the police if we have to deal with them.

Wait till Google Glass is officially available at a consumer pricepoint. You won't know who is and isn't recording you.

I have seen people recording things in a retail store before, no one was ever kicked out. Only an insane person would LIE to a customer and think they can get away with it.

Just do your job and this wont happen.

And the person isn't "sticking a camera in their face", no need to make this sound more aggressive than it really is. You can still be peaceful with a camera in your hand. I don't understand how holding a camera losses that tone.

Are peaceful protestors holding cameras no longer peaceful just because of a camera? I don't think so.
    Omnitech and thisiscjay like this.
    02-23-14 01:58 PM
    I doubt he would waste his time.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    That's true... Maybe he'd have someone else in the company do it, like the exec of sales for the area/country. The thing is, this is happening all over and there's no way for them to stop it unless they do it. The only other option is to open their own stores and sell their own products.

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    02-23-14 01:59 PM
    You know it's like we know we are walking into the lions den and just keep going. Let's face it. The majority of encounters in retail stores where a BlackBerry device purchase is attempted is greeted either with being steered to a different device, asked a ton of "why" questions, or told there's no phones available.

I take a different approach. I tell them what I want and ask if they have any. If no, I leave...No discussion. If they say yes, and then they ask me "why" BlackBerry questions, I respond cause its my preference, now can I purchase the phone please. If they do anything other than get the phone, I ask for a representative that will ring me up and activate the phone without wasting more of my time.

I'm a firm buyer. I don't give them a chance to start in with their tactics. As much as it pisses me off that they have an impact on sales, they are not going to impact me.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    JeepBB and bbq10l like this.
    02-23-14 01:59 PM
    That's true... Maybe he'd have someone else in the company do it, like the exec of sales for the area/country. The thing is, this is happening all over and there's no way for them to stop it unless they do it. The only other option is to open their own stores and sell their own products.

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    They stop it by having a clearly defined plan and executing it so that people notice them again.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    02-23-14 02:01 PM
    How is someone crazy for pulling out a camera? You are the crazy one if you think you can lie to someones face and get away with it in todays world.

I guess I'm crazy, but if a rep blatantly lied to me, I would record it and talk to their manager. Just like we can record the police if we have to deal with them.

Wait till Google Glass is officially available at a consumer pricepoint. You won't know who is and isn't recording you.

I have seen people recording things in a retail store before, no one was ever kicked out. Only a crazy person would LIE to a customer and think they can get away with it.

Just do your job and this wont happen.
    Do you really think anybody will ever have a candid conversation with a Google glass wearer? No chance in helll.

Edit, also make sure you have a real ease for with you if you do that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-23-14 02:02 PM
    A person in a store sticking a camera in the face of employees is not a "peaceful customer." That person is considered insane and would be removed from the store.
    TBH, anyone wandering from store to store secretly recording women from their front trouser pocket might have another problem - "It's all about dishonest sales techniques your honour!"
    bbq10l likes this.
    This thread is full of SO many surprises.
    This thread is on fire!

But seriously, can we tone it down a bit and talk rationally about the OP's post?

The point is that the sales rep fed the OP some misinformation. And since she (or he, it doesn't matter either way) did that to someone who has a history with BlackBerry, it's likely that she/he has done the same with other customers.

I have a friend who's been fed a similar lot of BULL from a Virgin Rep in Canada (see earlier in the thread).

Obviously, this is an issue for BlackBerry when it come to the point of sale with carriers. It's all well and good to blame BlackBerry (yawn) but the bigger question is: why is this happening? Is it because sales reps (from all carriers let's assume) are lazy? Is it perception?

Can we debate this intelligently without turning it into a slugfest?
    web99 likes this.
    You know it's like we know we are walking into the lions den and just keep going. Let's face it. The majority of encounters in retail stores where a BlackBerry device purchase is attempted is greeted either with being steered to a different device, asked a ton of "why" questions, or told there's no phones available.

I take a different approach. I tell them what I want and ask if they have any. If no, I leave...No discussion. If they say yes, and then they ask me "why" BlackBerry questions, I respond cause its my preference, now can I purchase the phone please. If they do anything other than get the phone, I ask for a representative that will ring me up and activate the phone without wasting more of my time.

I'm a firm buyer. I don't give them a chance to start in with their tactics. As much as it pisses me off that they have an impact on sales, they are not going to impact me.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    That actually doesn't sound so hard. They didn't pull a gun on you?

I'm the same as you and rarely have issues with sales people. Wouldn't waste my time.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    JeepBB likes this.
339 ... 45678 ...