Not sure if this 'politically correct' or not but as someone who's not a super user on this site, I wouldn't mind knowing who's opinion I really shouldn't pay attention to on this site. I find it baffling that people would waste their time and my time and your time (your time being those that have a BB and care about the company). My observation is that some defend themselves by saying they are into technology. Sure that may be true so then why stick around on crackberry and just provoke arguments and crap on everything RIM is trying to do to turn itself around? Yes, I'm a relatively newby on this site, but I wouldn't hang out on a golf forum and bash golf for example.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    09-27-12 07:53 AM
    This'll go well....
    jegs2, esk369 and pri79269 like this.
    09-27-12 07:58 AM
    As I said, not sure if I'm crossing a line here, but if not...

Mods, apologies if this IS crossing a line.
    09-27-12 08:02 AM
    As I said, not sure if I'm crossing a line here, but if not...

Mods, apologies if this IS crossing a line.
    It may well be. You're asking folks to in effect make personal attacks on other posters.
    09-27-12 08:04 AM
    Ibtl........
    esk369 likes this.
    09-27-12 08:08 AM
    Okay, perhaps I should have gone the other way and asked who are the best folks to read for RIM and BB info/opinions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Ynomrah; 09-27-12 at 08:12 AM.
    Not sure if this 'politically correct' or not but as someone who's not a super user on this site, I wouldn't mind knowing who's opinion I really shouldn't pay attention to on this site. I find it baffling that people would waste their time and my time and your time (your time being those that have a BB and care about the company). My observation is that some defend themselves by saying they are into technology. Sure that may be true so then why stick around on crackberry and just provoke arguments and crap on everything RIM is trying to do to turn itself around? Yes, I'm a relatively newby on this site, but I wouldn't hang out on a golf forum and bash golf for example.
    Ragher than have a thread trying to "call out" RIM bashers, the best alternative is to just read and post and you should be able to figure it out on your own. I have not really run into anyone that is just trying to start an argument, and most people are respectful of one another. The moderators do a pretty good job of keeping things on the up and up.

Whenever there is a public forum, there will be the expression of differing opinions. It facilitates healthy communication to not label someone a "basher" or a "fan boy" just because their opinion may differ from your own.
    pantlesspenguin and jegs2 like this.
    09-27-12 08:11 AM
    That guy.. that one over there by the coke machine - he's a basher. The women in a red dress isn't.
    jegs2, Rickroller and esk369 like this.
    09-27-12 08:13 AM
    Okay, perhaps I should have gone the other way and asked who are the best folks to read for RIM and BB info/opinions.
    Try the main page for only good BB info. However, do NOT read any of the poster comments, as they may or may not contain only good/happy thoughts.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-27-12 08:14 AM
    Elton john !
    esk369 likes this.
    09-27-12 08:16 AM
    That guy.. that one over there by the coke machine - he's a basher. The women in a red dress isn't.
    That women in the red dress has been planted there though, as a distraction. At least that's what the Matrix learned me.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-27-12 08:16 AM
    Try the main page for only good BB info.
    Here's a drinking game for you - every time James Richardson misuses an apostrophe, take a shot, you'll be under the table pretty quickly...
    09-27-12 08:17 AM
    I've noticed that some are considered RIM bashers for merely disagreeing and/or stating opinion that may differ from another CB member(s). While there are legitimate bashers on the site (as do all such sites), quite a few that are branded as bashers are simply victims of crossfire OR have different opinions on BB products/designs/services. I myself try to avoid such scenarios as I think differing opinions are relevant for healthy discussion and more importantly innovation for Rim as a company. My advice would be for you to let time and your experiences guide you, and you will soon learn who's who.

-B
    09-27-12 08:41 AM
    Try the main page for only good BB info. However, do NOT read any of the poster comments, as they may or may not contain only good/happy thoughts.
    As well, they could containing comments bashing RIM for missing unofficial official dates that people not employed by RIM implied were coming. One might also find comments whining about missing functionality that was unofficially officially people not employed by RIM implied were coming....
    Toodeurep likes this.
    09-27-12 08:46 AM
    If you're not sure what's proper, please read Posting Rules and Guidelines, or consult with a mod. Calling out members is always wrong. Reporting out of line posts, quite proper.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-27-12 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD