my bold screen got destroyed 2 days ago and i took out my sim card while i wait for my new bold to come in (tomorrow) and i was wondering if id still have my texts when i put the sim back in my new one.
    05-11-09 04:07 PM
    BlackBerry saves content in device memory. If you have made a backup, you will be able to recover it.

SIM cards can save contact information, but not messages.

05-11-09 04:17 PM
    my bold screen got destroyed 2 days ago and i took out my sim card while i wait for my new bold to come in (tomorrow) and i was wondering if id still have my texts when i put the sim back in my new one.
    Does the phone still turn on? And if it does do you know how to make a backup?
    05-11-09 04:27 PM
    how do you make a backup on a mac? does the pocket mac thing workfor that?
    05-11-09 04:28 PM
    how do you make a backup on a mac? does the pocket mac thing workfor that?
    Desktop Manager isn't compatible with a Mac. There's some way around it but it's pretty complicated. Perhaps someone can explain that one to you since I don't have a Mac.

But, if you could get on someone's you know PC, install Desktop Manager on that PC. When you have your phone connected to DM, make sure it recognizes that your phone is plugged in. Go to backup/restore. Select "Backup" and the file will by default save to the "My Documents" folder on the PC. (I'm assuming a Windows XP computer.) Now once that backup file (thedate.ipd) is created and saved, now you can connect the new phone to DM, go back to Backup/Restore and hit Restore this time. You'll be prompted to select the file. You'll select that same thedate.ipd file and just restore. Everything will be on the phone.

Remember that you can always save that backup file to your memory card.

I make it a habit to do a backup almost everyday. Hopefully you have access to a PC with Windows.
    05-11-09 04:33 PM
    eh whatever. texts arent really that important to me anyway lol. but the texts will get sent to my NEW blackberry when i put the sim card in it right?
    05-11-09 04:35 PM
    eh whatever. texts arent really that important to me anyway lol. but the texts will get sent to my NEW blackberry when i put the sim card in it right?
    With a full backup you're only getting the texts that are already stored on the old device. Of course when you get the new phone you'll receive your texts to that phone.

Just remember with a full backup your settings, address book, etc will now be on your new phone exactly as you had it on the old one.
    05-11-09 04:38 PM
    well with pocketmac i can sync my contacts and thats all i really needed (:

but thank you for the help!
    05-11-09 04:53 PM
    Any way to move texts (or applications) to store on the media card? I need more space!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 05:28 PM
    No there isn't.
    05-12-09 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD