Don't get me wrong. I respect John Chen for what he has done. My question is where is that single most revolutionary moment, that device which can truly change the equilibrium. I fail to understand why they haven't yet come up with one. Even those in the pipeline are nowhere close to a revolution. I do not see BlackBerry getting any new customers. And those sworn supporters seem to be dwindling by the day. So who will buy these new handsets except for a select few loyal folks like us. What I truly want to see is that moment where the world stops and notices.."Ah what a device"...Need it Mr.Chen, sooner rather than later. Only way to turn the handset decision profitable I feel....Bottomline - I have been feeling frustrated and tempted to switch to another device. Stop me BlackBerry!

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    johnm137 and rai187 like this.
    06-10-14 03:48 PM
    And this is what makes the consumer market so fickle, just because you don't see the one in the pipeline as amazing doesn't mean others won't like it. Personally being in IT the classic has a lot of value to enterprise I have had many directors and vps go back to legacy devices simply cuz of the tool belt.

Personally I haven't seen the amazing device to win me back to a keyboard qwerty but i sure am hoping for it.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30
    acovey and KDB84 like this.
    06-10-14 03:54 PM
    Well they are saying that the q30 will have a capacative keyboard (whatever that means). If you can truly scroll with the keyboard is that not revolutionary enough? That means you can have a qwerty keyboard with the benefit of touch scrolling like we had with the trackpad on previous blackberries.

However, I do agree with you. BlackBerry hasn't done anything "revolutionary" for a long time now. This isn't really all mr.chens fault though. I cant even imagine the amount of people who work for Apple who are solely just responsible with coming up with new ideas.

Posted via CB10
    menshawy likes this.
    06-10-14 03:59 PM
    What the h*ll is revolutionary nowadays?

Nothing Apple or Samsung has done in a while (except for their astronomical marketing spending) has been truly revolutionary.

Honestly the one true "revolutionary" development that is long overdue and sorely needed is battery technology. Give me 10-day battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by AnimalPak200; 06-10-14 at 11:12 PM.
    06-10-14 04:16 PM
    And list Apples and Samsung revolutionary accomplishments..... and go.....

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    06-10-14 04:52 PM
    Don't get me wrong. I respect John Chen for what he has done. My question is where is that single most revolutionary moment, that device which can truly change the equilibrium. I fail to understand why they haven't yet come up with one. Even those in the pipeline are nowhere close to a revolution. I do not see BlackBerry getting any new customers. And those sworn supporters seem to be dwindling by the day. So who will buy these new handsets except for a select few loyal folks like us. What I truly want to see is that moment where the world stops and notices.."Ah what a device"...Need it Mr.Chen, sooner rather than later. Only way to turn the handset decision profitable I feel....Bottomline - I have been feeling frustrated and tempted to switch to another device. Stop me BlackBerry!

The revolution that is coming that shifts the equilibrium is when you will be able buy a high quality phone at very cheap prices.
    zehkaiser, KDB84, THBW and 1 others like this.
    06-10-14 05:28 PM
    The revolution that is coming that shifts the equilibrium is when you will be able buy a high quality phone at very cheap prices.
    That's subjective to how much money you make.

If I made a million dollars an hour I would think smartphones are so cheap that everyone might as well have one of every single one of them.

Posted via CB10
    Kamika007z likes this.
    06-10-14 05:59 PM
    Coming? It's already here.

Moto G with LTE and microSD slot officially announced | Android Central
    unpaid_intern and Blacklatino like this.
    06-10-14 06:37 PM
    This is what I'm talking about:

http://bgr.com/2014/06/10/smartphone...soft-research/

Posted via CB10
    zehkaiser likes this.
    06-10-14 06:52 PM
    Yes and no ..phones are getting cheaper but I am referring to the time where even Apple can not sell an expensive phone. The phone as a commodity like a DVD player ( or a streaming device) ,
    06-10-14 07:02 PM
    This is what I'm talking about:

Smartphone Battery Life Focus of New Microsoft Research | BGR

Posted via CB10
    That is like a V6 that shuts down 3 cylinders when you are running on the high way. A better idea is to make the whole device photo sensitive such that you would only need a battery to store a minimum of charge.
    06-10-14 07:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    1. Huge sales numbers

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    06-10-14 07:06 PM
    I agree with your general point, no unique proposition, no great sales numbers. 2 points, though. 1) Chen is trying to right the ship, nothing major will happen until he does. 2) there will be nothing disruptive around cell phone innovation, the creation of the iPhone was the last and now we will only see sustaining or incremental innovation.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 07:18 PM
    To be honest, if BlackBerry 10 had that "TAT" effect, I feel sales would have been better, coupled with better functionality. Can't wait for 10.3 to see what it brings.

Posted via CB10
    skxj, BigAl_BB9900 and Blacklatino like this.
    06-10-14 07:18 PM
    Revolutionary: when I can say "phone, what is the volume of this sphere?" and it says back either "what is the radius?" or " I don't have that ability installed, please download ...". That would be the next revolutionary development. Right now there is a cardboard cutout of that scenario at best.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-10-14 07:25 PM
    What would be revolutionary for BlackBerry right now would be if they could come up with a phone that actually had good/excellent specs (to appease almost everyone) and just keep working on the OS, making it more and more efficient (not that it isn't good already) and more appealing to non-BlackBerry fans.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    06-10-14 07:26 PM

Not another one of these threads...Geez - Blackberry does not need to stop you LOL
    you're free to switch - Bye!
    06-10-14 07:34 PM
    I do not see BlackBerry getting any new customers.
    This is a pretty dumb statement. They're working hard on getting new customers in Indonesia and many more in enterprise.
    buwee, acovey, MERCDROID and 2 others like this.
    06-10-14 07:47 PM
    They have been working on it for a few years now but sometimes things take time. First of all they had to buy QNX worked on it on the PlayBook until it was ready to move it into a cell phone work out the kinks with the Z10's and Q10s they then had to get their patients secured. This took longer and cost more money than they would have hoped, next had to get partners in order build and market these market changing devices. All wile bringing two more really good updated phones out just to keep some momentum, Z3 and Z30, next will be the market changing Q30.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and epark88 like this.
    06-10-14 08:19 PM
    You haven't been listening to JC. He said he was listening to what existing customers wanted and is going to give it to them. I haven't heard a peep about winning over new customers with hardware.

The official MobileNations mascot should be the superphone. Everyone is always hoping for it even though there's absolutely no chance it's coming.
    Last edited by early2bed; 06-10-14 at 09:31 PM.
    06-10-14 08:54 PM
    Chen has really peaked my interest in this device assuming its the rumored 64 bit (8 core?) device that is rumored. I swear though, if its locked down to one carrier here in the states like the last flagship, im done with BB lol.

I hope they offer it online immediately when its released. This is the device I feel will really show if they know what the market wants and if BB can really steal consumers from other platforms.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-10-14 08:55 PM
    1. Huge sales numbers

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Sales =features?

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor and Ben1232 like this.
    06-10-14 09:20 PM
    The BlackBerry Q an Z 10 handsets were supposed to be that revolution. I think that day has passed BlackBerry. We are so far behind, and with no advertising or marketing plan, we are lucky to even still be somewhat relevant.

Blackberry always.....
    boeingrules likes this.
    06-10-14 09:23 PM
    I do hope they can come up with a stand out device soon. And by that I mean camera , battery, the specs et al....market it correctly. and Voila! Who knows BlackBerry may have the Eureka moment.

06-10-14 09:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh that's easy........uh they invited quick reply with out leaving app. oh wait. Uh they invented.....

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor and Shadowyugi like this.
    06-10-14 09:36 PM
189 123 ...