-----

I took my new BB Curve in to Verizon today to have my phone contacts transferred from my old Razr. Low and behold, it says there are 95 of them but I can't find them. Anyone know where they might have gone? (I know they don't show up in "Personal" in the Address Book because they weren't so designated. But they should be somewhere.) Thanks
    05-19-08 12:29 PM
    this is going to sound stupid, but you checked your address book??

i would take the phone back to the verizon store and have an employee look at your phone. its best to find a verizon rep that actually has a blackberry, or chances are they wont know squat about your phone. seriously.. they have like the worst training (or lack thereof) on berries ive ever seen in my life.... but yeah. i would take it back to the store and have your stuff retransferred at least.
    05-19-08 12:38 PM
    Wouldn't you check this before you left the store?

Where is it saying you have 95 contacts?
    05-19-08 12:43 PM
    -----

Yes, I checked it before I left the store, but like I said, I knew these contacts were not designated to "Personal" in the Curve yet, so they'd not show up either in "Address Book" or in "Personal". The worker didn't know where they'd be, and I knew from my last 24 hours experience with this phone that i'd take me a while....so I went home to check it out.

95 contacts....I believe I found it in one of the options in the Address book, an option buried deep. And like another Verizon store said when I called them later, all the transferred contacts would over-ride the 5 I'd already put in the Curve, so they didn't show up either (I had marked them "Personal").

The Verizon workers either know everything or next to nothing....that's what I've discovered in the last 2 weeks. I went in after researching a lot on the Net and decided I wanted a BB Curve. The price per month for getting the Internet that one of the workers quoted me was not good....so I started looking at other phones w/o Internet access. At the OTHER Verizon store the correct price was quoted and I bought the Curve.
    05-19-08 12:56 PM
    Your contacts should just show up when you open address book, it doesn't matter what they are labeled. I found where you were talking about the number of contacts.

Have you tried doing a battery pull?
    05-19-08 12:59 PM
    No, I haven't done a battery pull. Tell me about that. (I have to go somewhere now but will be back in a couple of hours).

It's the truth, the contacts I programmed myself don't show up in "Address Book" until...I designate them as "Personal". It doesn't make sense to me either but it's true.
    05-19-08 01:17 PM
    the battery pull is basically just what everyone does as a first attempt to solve any issue your phone might be having. it resets the phone. try this and then look in your address book.
    05-19-08 01:33 PM
    I know what's wrong. If you are in your address book, under options at the bottom it says you have 95 contacts, right?

Well, then in your address book, hit menu, scroll down to filter, and make sure nothing is checked.

Ben
    05-19-08 01:40 PM
    I found the number 95 there, but when I went back to Address book, and got to filters, I unchecked the only one checked and it's still not showing me any contacts. Need I do a sync with my computer?
    05-19-08 07:14 PM
    Try checking the other box. The one that wasn't checked before.
    How you doin?
    Things gettin a little easier?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 07:52 PM
    Just delete all filters and then check...
    05-19-08 08:04 PM
    -----

fonebrkr, yes, I think things are getting easier. Part of the reason is that I'm discovering there are thousands of ways to do each task, and it's a little much for me. Makes it confusing. One way would make it easier, I think. There are only two boxes for filters, business and personal. Neither are checkmarked. Still can't find the contacts.

eyemabug, how many filters are there?
    05-19-08 09:22 PM
    There's just 2. If they're both unchecked and still not showing, try to sync with desktop manager to outlook and see if they don't appear for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD