I have been doing some looking around and with out subscribing to email notifications to every tech website out there. Where do you all get your breaking news for blackberry related things.

I am not trying to flood my inbox with email but I would like to be on the head line for breaking news to hit the wire about blackberry news.

SO the question is where do you get your info from?

Thanks in advance.
    10-16-08 09:13 AM
    What do you use Yester?? Viigo? anything like that? Meaning do you want RSS feeds or email alerts??
    10-16-08 11:01 AM
    I love me some viigo!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 11:05 AM
    Thanks for the replies.

I am more looking for email alerts...... I guess RSS feeds work out well. but instead of always looking them up. I would liek to be hit with a new email, wham! Breaking news......

Just wondering if the head forum peeps out there all over the internet use. Do they get email or do they just know where to look....
    10-16-08 11:27 AM
    this site
    and ma secret vzw toolz.
    lol
    10-16-08 11:46 AM
    10-16-08 02:38 PM
    I used to use email alerts w/ Google News .. was good to keep updated, but got on my nerves after a while so now I just turn to Crackberry.com for the latest news
    10-16-08 03:04 PM
    Viigo bro updates every 30 min. Gives you a brief headline so you can read more or skip over it. As far as feeds well. Berry cool berry review CB mobile crunch bgr and some underground forums etc.

10-16-08 03:22 PM
    I used to use email alerts w/ Google News .. was good to keep updated, but got on my nerves after a while so now I just turn to Crackberry.com for the latest news
    Yeah I guess your right, maybe I wanted the faster heads up when it hits the wire.

Viigo bro updates every 30 min. Gives you a brief headline so you can read more or skip over it. As far as feeds well. Berry cool berry review CB mobile crunch bgr and some underground forums etc.

Yeah I use Viigo, but I guess i can set it up to alert me with new news. I want breaking news.......
    10-16-08 03:33 PM
    Ah you want like Kevin on BBM!

10-16-08 03:56 PM
    I work for a mobile provider, plus I use crackberry for speculation
    10-16-08 08:07 PM
    Ah you want like Kevin on BBM!

Lol nah he's to busy, don't want to bother him. But would be curious where he gets his news...

10-17-08 09:46 AM
    Figure it this way, if RIM really wants to "leak" some news, who are they going to leak it to? If RIM wants a solid review on an upcoming device, whose hands would they put it in? I'm sure that some of these reviewers and rumor bloggers (BGR) have an inside source that is able to give small bits of info, pics, etc. We still don't know where Kevin got his 8900 from (cause it wasn't the $17,100 one!) Granted we know he bought that first Bold from eBay. but I would suspect that RIM would notice something like CB and want to use it to their advantage and thusly to ours as well. But considering I'm a recently-returned-to-college-to-get-a-masters-in-teaching student who works in a restaurant, I know very little about Waterloo itself.
    10-17-08 12:48 PM
    CB is by far the best in finding those breaking news alerts!
    10-17-08 01:52 PM
    HAIL ALL THE CRACKHEADS
    AHAHAAHHAA
    ANYWAYS, I AM JUST WONDERING HOW TO MAKE MY CURVE 8330 FASTER MAYBE BY DELETING APPS THAT WE REALLY DONT NEED?
    ANY SUGGESTIONG EMAIL ME PLEASE...
    oskarkarrera@gmail. com
    with ut the space thanx peeps...

What the **** you posting in my thread with no topic sense at hand, Please use the search tool. There are plenty threads on completing what you need to do.

Don;t type in all CAPS, it's considered yelling and freaking annoying as ****.
    I also suggest you read and study up on the forum rules.... Might help guide you to posting in the right section.

Man some people...
    10-17-08 09:48 PM
    I have loaded the google mobile app on my 8330 and tried the google alert which is in beta, but what the hey....... I am using it to follow my football team, but who's to say you could not just set the alert for "blackberry". I am sure you would be flooded at times. I have gotten as many as 25 alerts in a day. I also follow CB, Engadget, Phonescoop, and Phone Arena
    10-20-08 07:38 AM
    I have loaded the google mobile app on my 8330 and tried the google alert which is in beta, but what the hey....... I am using it to follow my football team, but who's to say you could not just set the alert for "blackberry". I am sure you would be flooded at times. I have gotten as many as 25 alerts in a day. I also follow CB, Engadget, Phonescoop, and Phone Arena
    Thanks for the TIP. do they come in a messages? kinda like Viigo?
    10-21-08 02:14 PM
    Viigo is your best bet you cam customize your channels to what sitesb you want to draw news from. Works great I love it

10-21-08 02:24 PM
    Yea I guess it's like viigo, I haven't done any alerts on viigo yet. Each alert in the google app has a link to the full article which has been identified by google. I know some folks are die hard viigo fans, I'm open to anything that gets me the info I am lookin for!
    10-22-08 09:06 AM
    Viigo is your best bet you cam customize your channels to what sitesb you want to draw news from. Works great I love it

Yea I guess it's like viigo, I haven't done any alerts on viigo yet. Each alert in the google app has a link to the full article which has been identified by google. I know some folks are die hard viigo fans, I'm open to anything that gets me the info I am lookin for!

Thank you both for your replies anything always helps... Just wanted to see what everyone else is using....
    10-22-08 09:13 AM
    These forums have got to be the best source for breaking news. A gold mine, I tell 'ya! Thanks to all!
    10-31-08 05:35 PM
    Being a mod thats posts actively on the forums, I get a lot of people sending me PM's with breaking news. Also, just surfing other BB sites will help! Always looking to dig up dirt.
    10-31-08 05:51 PM
    The internet mainly ;-)
    11-01-08 09:27 AM
    At first I used to use a special e-mail I set up at mail.com for news e-mails ONYL. I set it up to "gong" twice on my BB so I knew when the news was coming in. But I ended up signing up for a few too many specialty news sources and as someone else mentioned it got really annoying really fast.

Now I am in love with Viigo. It's not for everyone so try it out, I mean it IS free
    11-02-08 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD