Twenty-one years ago today:[IMG=468x663]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200119/102158f34214e475cbb4c24bb64668e8.jpg[/url]
    Wow I did not know that how blackberry got its name. Thanks for that. Wished I started with that as my first two-way pager lol.
    01-22-20 08:51 AM
    Why take R&D risks when people will just run out and buy the same boring slabs over and over again?

It really sucks that it's come to this
    Very good point, especially in today’s business climate where profit margins are getting thinner, the risk and reward is not what it was in the early days.
    01-22-20 02:44 PM
    Yeah I don't know how anyone in the slab realm is going to compete with the likes of Samsung's new A51, A71, Google Pixel 4a and such. Others, like Motorola and Nokia, will be solid at under 200. Who needs to spend flagship $$ with the likes of some of these new offerings. Brutally competitive.

If BlackBerry Mobile were to get legs again ONLY a PKB device should be considered
    01-22-20 05:55 PM
    Yeah I don't know how anyone in the slab realm is going to compete with the likes of Samsung's new A51, A71, Google Pixel 4a and such. Others, like Motorola and Nokia, will be solid at under 200. Who needs to spend flagship $$ with the likes of some of these new offerings. Brutally competitive.

If BlackBerry Mobile were to get legs again ONLY a PKB device should be considered
    Agreed and who needs to even consider one more slab offering from a company such as TCL when the market is being flooded by popular and renown OEMs such as Samsung, Motorola and Nokia.

Their "Plex" phone offers no feature that stands out from the pack. TCLs reputation in many markets is limited to cheap TVs. For those with more industry knowledge, TCL has abandoned their blackberry customers and has not kept their word on upgrades.

Why would anybody risk investing their money in a TCL slab when there are offerings from more reputable companies.
    the_boon likes this.
    01-22-20 07:07 PM
    Agreed and who needs to even consider one more slab offering from a company such as TCL when the market is being flooded by popular and renown OEMs such as Samsung, Motorola and Nokia.

Their "Plex" phone offers no feature that stands out from the pack. TCLs reputation in many markets is limited to cheap TVs. For those with more industry knowledge, TCL has abandoned their blackberry customers and has not kept their word on upgrades.

Why would anybody risk investing their money in a TCL slab when there are offerings from more reputable companies.
    This. Yet TCL seems confident that this is a great idea
    01-22-20 10:03 PM
    Are you trying to tell us that "SLOWFIES" are not exciting, wonderful innovation!
    OMG the Slowfies ads are so weird.
    01-22-20 10:19 PM

My son loves his Motion. He had to use an S9 while the Motion was getting serviced and hated the bloatware, as well as poor call quality. We have a Pixel 3 as our backup phone and the poor battery life, poor call quality as well as the pain of typing on glass makes me appreciate my KEy2 even more. Will hold on to it until I can't anymore. Then will probably look at an Android One device. The Nokia 7.2 looks good and affordable.
    01-22-20 10:23 PM
    My son loves his Motion. He had to use an S9 while the Motion was getting serviced and hated the bloatware, as well as poor call quality. We have a Pixel 3 as our backup phone and the poor battery life, poor call quality as well as the pain of typing on glass makes me appreciate my KEy2 even more. Will hold on to it until I can't anymore. Then will probably look at an Android One device. The Nokia 7.2 looks good and affordable.
    I am currently running a Nokia 6.1 that just received android 10. The 7.2 is a nice phone and a definite contender as a replacement. After using android one it was would difficult to use bloated OEM rubbish again.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-22-20 11:03 PM
58 123