Bb10 will die, I don't want an android phone. I am not a fan of IOS and windows is crap. It seems we have been forced to choose apple or Droid. It's a darn shame.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:11 PM
    Bb10 will die, I don't want an android phone. I am not a fan of IOS and windows is crap. It seems we have been forced to choose apple or Droid. It's a darn shame.

Posted via CB10
    Windows, imo, could be an option, except for the same, or worse, app gap.
    10-12-15 10:12 PM
    Off the grid.

Attached Thumbnails Where do I go now, if BB10 dies?-grid_concept_art.jpg  
    10-12-15 10:14 PM
    Ubuntu

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 and jsmith00075 like this.
    10-12-15 11:44 PM
    Don't worry, when the time comes, you'll find another option... it's the fact of life to survive...

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 likes this.
    10-13-15 12:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Life goes on with or without BlackBerry.

''Splendiferousness'' is not even a word that I use to describe my passport
    Shadowyugi, TGR1 and Donvald like this.
    10-13-15 04:35 AM
    Stay with what serves you well today. My Passport will be with me until it dies. BB10 will see at least two more updates. So I don't bother yet.

Posted via CB10 using a PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-13-15 04:37 AM
    If you like a BlackBerry device you have one option moving forward and only One .
    10-13-15 07:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not a fan of iOS - OK, perfectly fine statement.

But calling windows (the most clean, fluid and fast OS) crap - pissed me off.

I'm going to try to not let my emotions to get better of me BUT if I do overstep boundaries I apologize in advance.

Have you ever tried WINDOWS phone? (if you did, I bet it was WIN7 or early WIN8 not even 8.1).

I've used windows phone. LUMIA 1520 to be exact. Couple of months ago I sold lumia and I bought PASSPORT.
    Then bought Classic (even though I accepted the hilariously outdated specs, but I sold it anyway, because resolution was garbage, couldn't read text without eye strain), then bought Q10 which I own now and am more or less satisfied (it did not rape my wallet). I still believe I made mistake selling LUMIA. On the other hand I would have never had the chance to try BB OS.

I've never experienced lack of apps in windows store. On blackberry that's a completely different story. It seems like there's nothing in BB WORLD, but tumbleweeds. Anything half decent has a huge price! Every half decent app costs money in BB WORLD! There're virtually non good apps in BB WORLD (excluding pre-installed ones and paid ones).

Coming from windows, blackberry app store was HUGE dissapointment for me personally. WP Store is streets ahead of BB WORLD.

Cameras on windows phones are also better. Best in mobile industry to be honest.
    Navigation - free and also the best in mobile industry (HERE MAPS).

Outlook on windows was so much better as an email client. That was my initial opinion and couple of months later (TODAY) it still hasn't changed. Managing emails on WP WIN10 with outlook was better.

I enjoy BB HUB, but windows has LIVE tiles, which are awesome, and basically offer similar experience in a way.

As a matter of fact the ONLY flaw I saw in my LUMIA 1520 was that it didn't have physical keyboard.
    If nokia/microsoft decide to make LUMIA with keyboard (slider) it'd be best phone ever (for me personally).

BB PRIV seems nice, but I would buy android phone in any scenario. I'd rather go back to my Nokia E6 or motorola V8 or BB BOLD 9900 or even Nokia 3310.

Oh and fluidity. Every windows phone even with worst specs is fluid. My mom's lumia 520 which has just 512MB ram and 1Ghz Dual core CPU is as fluid as Lumia 1020, which basically has Q10 specs.
    Can't say the same on fluidity about BB OS.

My brother currently uses PASSPORT and Q10 and Classic lags behind in every step possible. It doesn't bother me withing the UI, but it bothers me when using keyboard shortcuts.

I don't know what you people, who trash windows phones, are smoking, but that stuff makes you ignorant. And you are missing out on best smartphone experience.

I'm using Q10 for now, and my next phone will be lumia 950 XL. Not comming back (unless maybe PRIV is launched with BB OS).
    Last edited by Elite1; 10-13-15 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Removed profanity
    10-13-15 07:52 AM
    You could see what the BB Priv has to offer, and what this upcoming BlackBerry Experience has to bring to devices once it's released. My GUESS would be on Android first, since the Priv will be the first device to have it or something like it.
    Superfly_FR and Shadowyugi like this.
    10-13-15 08:00 AM

I'm going to try to not let my emotions to get better of me BUT if I do overstep boundaries I apologize in advance.

Have you ever tried WINDOWS phone? (if you did, I bet it was WIN7 or early WIN8 not even 8.1).

I've used windows phone. LUMIA 1520 to be exact. Couple of months ago I sold lumia and I bought PASSPORT.
    Then bought Classic (even though I accepted the hilariously outdated specs, but I sold it anyway, because resolution was garbage, couldn't read text without eye strain), then bought Q10 which I own now and am more or less satisfied (it did not rape my wallet). I still believe I made mistake selling LUMIA. On the other hand I would have never had the chance to try BB OS.

I've never experienced lack of apps in windows store. On blackberry that's a completely different story. It seems like there's nothing in BB WORLD, but tumbleweeds. Anything half decent has a huge price! Every half decent app costs money in BB WORLD! There're virtually non good apps in BB WORLD (excluding pre-installed ones and paid ones).

Coming from windows, blackberry app store was HUGE dissapointment for me personally. WP Store is streets ahead of BB WORLD.

Cameras on windows phones are also better. Best in mobile industry to be honest.

Outlook on windows was so much better as an email client. That was my initial opinion and couple of months later (TODAY) it still hasn't changed. Managing emails on WP WIN10 with outlook was better.

I enjoy BB HUB, but windows has LIVE tiles, which are awesome, and basically offer similar experience in a way.

As a matter of fact the ONLY flaw I saw in my LUMIA 1520 was that it didn't have physical keyboard.
    If nokia/microsoft decide to make LUMIA with keyboard (slider) it'd be best phone ever (for me personally).

BB PRIV seems nice, but I would buy android phone in any scenario. I'd rather go back to my Nokia E6 or motorola V8 or BB BOLD 9900 or even Nokia 3310.

Oh and fluidity. Every windows phone even with worst peace of sh1t specs is fluid. My mom's lumia 520 which has just 512MB ram and 1Ghz Dual core CPU is as fluid as Lumia 1020, which basically has Q10 specs.

My brother currently uses PASSPORT and Q10 and Classic lags behind in every step possible. It doesn't bother me withing the UI, but it bothers me when using keyboard shortcuts.

I don't know what you people, who trash windows phones, are smoking, but that stuff makes you ignorant. And you are missing out on best smartphone experience.

I'm using Q10 for now, and my next phone will be lumia 950 XL. Not comming back (unless maybe PRIV is launched with BB OS).
    If you guys think that he's exaggerated, NO! I've been into different phone these past year and I can attest that Windows Mobile 8 is the most fluid OS I've tried. To think that time i'm only using mid-end phone, the Lumia 1320. I just sold it because it's too big for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 08:17 AM
    There are always places to go. iOS, android, or windows.
    But it should be better if you sell your BB10 device first, before no one wants to buy it because of the support is discontinue.
    10-13-15 09:05 AM

Oh and fluidity. Every windows phone even with worst peace of sh1t specs is fluid. My mom's lumia 520 which has just 512MB ram and 1Ghz Dual core CPU is as fluid as Lumia 1020, which basically has Q10 specs.

I always tune out when I see a Windows fanboy claiming that WP is better ate email than BB10. Unless MS has actually put a better email client on their phones than on their own desktops, this is simply not a true statement. Especially for those of us who use multiple email accounts.

My desktop Outlook won't even connect to Activesync, so I have to use a VPN client and connect to exchange, in a separate Outlook profile. It's terrible!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    10-13-15 09:19 AM
    I heard that windows phone OS would have both apple and android compatible with its OS. Could be just a rumor. Anyway, If I didn't have blackberry 10 I would go to either Android or Windows. I just can't do apple. It's boring to me.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 11:27 AM
    There may be possibility passport may get Android in future as update..

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 11:50 AM
    I always tune out when I see a Windows fanboy claiming that WP is better ate email than BB10. Unless MS has actually put a better email client on their phones than on their own desktops, this is simply not a true statement. Especially for those of us who use multiple email accounts.

My desktop Outlook won't even connect to Activesync, so I have to use a VPN client and connect to exchange, in a separate Outlook profile. It's terrible!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    I'm not a fanboy. I've had ONE lumia for like 2months, and after that I've owned ALL blackberries (except touch screen ones, where I have absolutely no idea why would one buy BB phone, when it has no keyboard). And I'm still using blackberry Q10 (which is my one and ONLY phone now). Days. Weeks. Months have passed. I've got used to BB EMAIL, but it still sucks compared to WP.

Particularly - I can't have a proper email conversation with BB email. It's good when it comes to UPDATE emails where you just have to read it and no reply is necessary, but it sucks where you have to have a conversation via email. Just this particular part of BB OS email that I don't like.

Windows outlook for desktop - I have no comments on that as I don't use it. I've seen ir opened on brother's work laptop and it looked like a very difficult UI at first glance.

Outlook on WPhone is nothing like that at all.

Again WINDOWS TILES are awesome.

Just for example this morning. A friend asked me what's the weather outside, and I used keyboard shortcut on my Q10 and with 1-2sec delay it opened an app which showed the weather. I like using shortcuts and enjoy the Q10 experience even w/o the trackpad which is highly needed on a screen small as Q10.
    And honestly, after checking the weather app I said this: if I had a windows phone, I would've known this w/o having to open an app, because weather app LIVE tile would've been on my phones "desktop" and that's one of the things I'd have noticed w/o having to open any apps.
    I would have known what's the weather outside any given chance I had to use my WP. Even if I wanted to just check the time or SMS. I would've seen the LIVE tile!

Is appreciating something called fanboy'ism? I like BB HUB and keyboard. Am I BB fanboy?
    I like how asians make such cheap phones with relatively high specs. I like the UBIK UNO phone.

Even though I said (and still stand on what I said 100%) that lumia phones have best CAMERAS - I'm intrigued by Sony Xperia Z5 and particularly by it's camera. Sony makes very good mirror-less cameras and I believe they CAN outperform LUMIA's camera (at least lumia 1520), but then again, have you seen the video on LUMIA 950 XL camera? (Waiting to see those two phone cameras compared in the future).

I like fluidity of iOS. I really like Galaxy S6 EDGE design. And when I had NOKIA E6 my 'dream' phone was LG G2...

Is stating a fact that NOKIA HERE MAPS is best navigation on smarphones ALSO fanboyism?

Is stating that LUMIA 950 XL will be my next phone, because I've seen and used a lot of phones, but ultimately desided to pick a windows OS based phone with removable battery, exchanable cover, and BEST camera and GPS a sign of fanboyism? Or maybe it's a sign of a well done research? (of course I'm not buying it at launch, because I can't let myself waste such big amount of a money on a phone, so I'm sticking with Q10 at least for another 6-12months).

But is seeing the facts for what they ARE called fanboyism?

I don't know. Maybe I am a fanboy (even thought I don't own a phone with an OS of which I am called a 'fanboy' of).
    But try to open your judgmental eyes, and shut your trash-on-WP-talking-mouths and just LOOK at what MICROSOFT has created with LUMIA 950 and 950XL (not talking about the OS). Buy cheapest lumia you can find and try the OS!

LUMIA 950XL - a smartphone which has a REMOVABLE battery (hello it's 2015 - you can't do that or can you?)!!!
    2k screen, up to 2TB micro SD support (when technology catches up), DUAL SIM (will be also available), 20MPix camera with CARL ZEISS optics,
    It has GREAT specs (even thought windows OS doesn't need it, and I'm not bothering to list them as it don't matter for WP and don't matter for me. It could have specs like lumia 1520 I wouldn't even care. Blackberry did it with Classic, right?), it has great MICROSOFT support as they provide updates even for the oldest and cheapest phones like my mom's lumia 520. I bet it will get WIN10 update.
    5.7" screen, with 74.3% screen-to-body ratio (even my past dream phone LG G series don't have this)!!!!!!!!!!!!

and look at these available covers for lumia as it will have REMOVABLE battery in year 2015 on a flagship phone!
    windowscentral.com/mozos-cool-looking-leather-lumia-950-and-950-xl-cases-cost-4850

My LUMIA 1520 was awesome in every way except for the lack of keyboard. LUMIA 950 outdone 1520.

I don't know.... call me fanboy if you want. Most fanboys praise phones or OS without any strong background. I've laid enough info here why I am choosing WP over any other brand.
    If you don't see the greatness in LUMIA 950 then it's your loss my gain. Good luck.
    10-13-15 11:51 AM
    Passport is an awesome phone. An ultimate head turner and eye catcher. I've sold mine, but my brother still has his so I still have a chance to play with it from time to time.

I've set my eyes on lumia 950 XL, which I won't buy at launch, but rather a 3-12months after launch due to not wanting to spend that much,
    but with the prices of PASSPORT dropping at such a high pace on EBAY recently, I might buy one again (passport) in the future as it is such a unique and cool device. No phone has EVER made me feel so COOL as passport did every time I took it out of my pocket. Not even legendary MOTOROLA V8.

If blackberry goes full android from now on, THAT means I won't buy any of their future products, unless they make a normal size and price slider phone like TORCH.

Passport will be in my heart forever (for the lack of a better word).

On a different subject:
    I really really really wanted Blackberry CLASSIC to work for me, but lag (which I was used from Q10 anyway) and most important the garbage screen (compared to PASSPORT or any 300+ PPI screen) which gave me eye strain when reading stuff, made me sell it. I gotta admit I was very angry when Blackberry PRIV specs were leaked. I felt like I was robbed by blackberry. They gave CLASSIC with sh1tty specs and garbage screen, and then they went and put everything they've got best to PRIV... And make it android. I felt betrayed big time.

Trackpad and all the other toolbelt buttons were so nice I can't even describe. If Blackberry by any chance makes Classic 2 with passport specs and at least 1080x1080 screen and BBOS - I will consider coming back. I'm just kidding. I would come back to BB
    thorwiki likes this.
    10-13-15 12:16 PM
    Where do we come from? Where do we go? Where do we come from, cotton eye joe...

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Elite1, Tkarps, S Valmont and 4 others like this.
    10-13-15 12:18 PM
    I'm not a fanboy.
    My god that's way too much text to read. If you consider the size and percentage of the content from you that's all about Windows phones - then yeah you are a fanboy (albeit one in denial) and that's OK.

I have a bunch of Windows phones too. They sit on a shelf except for when I need to test my Windows apps, I don't like Win 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 - I wouldn't consider myself blind as I BUILD for the platform. And it certainly isn't a terrible platform. But it's way too immature and poorly designed at a development level to be my platform of choice just yet. And keep in mind Microsoft has spent about 3x what BlackBerry is worth just to build that steaming pile of... tiles . I would seriously hope that they would have got SOMETHING right for that price.

Allanon89, lactose and dusanvn like this.
    10-13-15 12:24 PM
    LUMIA 950 XL is actually a good option - my first choice in case BlackBerry will no longer produce BB10 devices in the future...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:38 PM
    My god that's way too much text to read. If you consider the size and percentage of the content from you that's all about Windows phones - then yeah you are a fanboy (albeit one in denial) and that's OK.

I have a bunch of Windows phones too. They sit on a shelf except for when I need to test my Windows apps, I don't like Win 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 - I wouldn't consider myself blind as I BUILD for the platform. And it certainly isn't a terrible platform. But it's way too immature and poorly designed at a development level to be my platform of choice just yet. And keep in mind Microsoft has spent about 3x what BlackBerry is worth just to build that steaming pile of... tiles . I would seriously hope that they would have got SOMETHING right for that price.

Again with your ignorance.
    You say you're a developer, so what have you developed? I am really interested if a person so BLIND (yes you are) and ignorant, can develop anything good for a platform that he talks trash about. I bet every one of your apps sucks as every FREE app sucks in BB WORLD.

Got something right? How about the performance of LUMIA 520 with the lamest specs imaginable. Q10 is powerhouse compared to 520 as it has dual core 1.5GHZ and 2GB of RAM and it BLODDY LAGS!!!!
    And windows tiles is awesome, and BB desktop full of icons is outdated approach (why fix if not broken? ok. why not invent something BETTER - TILES).

So tell me, what blackberry has done RIGHT besides HUB, which has kind of terrible email client?
    They even botched Q10 as it didn't have trackpad. Should've called Blackberry SWIPE. Making fun of a phone I use myself.

BLEND? But blend was on every old nokia including my nokia E6 had 'blend'.
    10-13-15 12:50 PM
    I also have an old windows phone, running 8.1. It only has 515mb of RAM and a 1ghz dual core but it isn't bad.
    As far as apps, Windows phone is way ahead of bb10 in native apps but way behind overall. WP has all the major apps, but bb10 lets you run all those less common ones.

Posted via CB10
    dolco likes this.
    10-13-15 02:04 PM
    If you like a BlackBerry device you have one option moving forward and only One .
    Am assuming you are talking the Oneplus One. So Ubuntu! Yes! That's what I will be going for in a couple years when my Passport dies (love how we can count on the hardware lasting that long, I have yet to have a BlackBerry last me less than 3 years, though with the non removable battery it's more likely to happen quicker, so 2 years then, I guess), whatever phone is rocking Ubuntu Touch will be my phone of choice! Hopefully by then they will get rid of the low level Android services, if they haven't already. **** Google and Android!

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 03:48 PM
    I will do the way of BlackBerry 6 and 7 users. Stay until the next iteration of BlackBerry dies. Lol

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    10-13-15 03:57 PM
    My Nokia 515 is still going strong, so that's an option. ;-)

Kidding aside, your BlackBerry will work for the foreseeable future, so why worry about replacing it now if it still fits your needs.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 03:59 PM
144 123 ...