Verbal protest is easy. Walking the Talk take more guts. In the US, we see alot of verbal protest, but when do you see those protesting taking positive action. Do you see BLM walking the streets of Chicago to take the streets back from the gangs, do you see Kap doing more than taking the knee? NOPE

My first and last political rant on Crackberry. Sorry
    09-30-16 11:01 AM
    Verbal protest is easy. Walking the Talk take more guts.
    Oh for sure!

Americans like to make fun of the French, but when we see them stop driving right on the freeways (and they sit in their cars for 8 hours, big delivery trucks also) because the gas prices are too high, that is pretty tough. They will sit there until the prices are lowered! I wish we did something like that in Canada but I do think the US is more "action" motivated than Canada, in that regard.

I think changes will have to be made so that products built here (US and Canada) don't cost as much but someone else might better explain how, than myself.
    09-30-16 11:10 AM
    I think Americans are pretty tough. They protest if they don't like something. Most Canadians just sit and take whatever is dished out and we just talk about it.
    We are tough and should all stand up for what we believe in, my uncles, aunts and friends parents told me how they stood on picket lines for what they thought was a fair wage and working conditions and would do it again if necessary.

I think we have lost some that with the young generation that's too busy following Social media, Google and are not paying attention to the real issues we have in front of us.

Don't mean to rant here, I am just a proud old American who still believes in this great land and don't want to see it flushed down the toilet.
    wilber1 likes this.
    09-30-16 01:03 PM
    I sure hope that you do not mean that America needs to be "great again".

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-30-16 06:39 PM
    Chen fired most the Candans
    09-30-16 07:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOLS

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-30-16 09:22 PM
    As a citizen of a Latin-alphabet-but-non-English-speaking nation I think it's clear why many Canadians must dislike BlackBerry's phone. It does not support typing in French.

Actually, no BlackBerry keyboards have enough keys to support the ANSI standard layout, not to mention the ISO standard layout. So, except for English, they can't support any European language properly.

BlackBerry tends to invent its own ways of doing things, and to patent those and to prevent those by all means from becoming standard.

A non-standard method of typing must find it hard to become popular, and easy to become ridiculous.

The fact of being a product of a Canadian company just makes it -- the non-Canadian keyboard -- more ridiculous.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    10-01-16 02:04 AM
    If BlackBerry would have stayed with OS10 and continued making secure beautiful devices I would support till the bitter end however the Fat Lady has sang and now so has Mr.Chen .
    10-01-16 06:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    Some will lead you to believe we're a third world country.
    10-01-16 07:04 AM
    If BlackBerry would have stayed with OS10 and continued making secure beautiful devices I would support till the bitter end however the Fat Lady has sang and now so has Mr.Chen .
    If Blackberry had done that, the bitter end would have come even sooner.
    10-01-16 07:42 AM
    My point is that the next blackberry phone open to the people of candida
    Canada is a country...candida is a fungus.

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10, cgk, TGR1 and 1 others like this.
    10-01-16 08:42 AM
    Espoo is closed.
    Nokia owns Bell labs. It acquired (or merged with if you wish ) Alcatel Lucent. The resulting company is now called Nokia.

It continues in many of the other areas of telecom it was always big in.
    Nokia has never been a single product company like BlackBerry.
    They were involved in fiber, enterprise switching as well as wireless. More like Nortel. Certainly not like BlackBerry.
    10-01-16 01:38 PM
    Nokia owns Bell labs. It acquired (or merged with if you wish ) Alcatel Lucent. The resulting company is now called Nokia.

They were involved in fiber, enterprise switching as well as wireless. More like Nortel. Certainly not like BlackBerry.
    Yeap. I meant the handset part of Nokia. My bad.
    10-01-16 04:14 PM

Nokia is a survivor. People should look up its history. It sure didn't start in tech.

And absolutely agree, the lack of product diversity is a huge disadvantage for BBRY. HTC is the same way. Many of the Chinese brands rely on sales of accessories and associated social revenue to essentially subsidize handset prices. LeEco, which has recently been mentioned, will be doing this.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-01-16 04:30 PM
    Well if BlackBerry is on its way out there are at least two more fairly well known Canadian tech companies I believe.

One is called Open Text who are also based in the KW area and I read are quite successful, no idea what the software is used for though?

Another exciting one in British Columbia is D Wave who claim to have a working quantum computer. I think people are skeptical if it's a true quantum computer ( way way over my head) but pretty exciting non the less

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 07:24 PM
    We are tough and should all stand up for what we believe in.
    How about THIS French guy, I think he was protesting

Man walks into an Apple Store and smashes every iPhone he can find......

https://www.cnet.com/news/french-man...ashes-iphones/
    10-02-16 03:15 AM
    I think this thread has run its course.

I was quite pleased to see the level of discourse on this topic and I think most "got" what I was trying to communicate. I think most Canadians like to quietly go along and not makes waves, unfortunately to our detriment. However, I was less pleased to see some folks who used this thread to slavishly parrot the negative marketing slogans we've all seen in various publications and articles.

In my view, the recent Blackberry defence of its corporate directions and products at least shows Blackberry is standing up for itself and signaled it will take on these groups putting out this disinformation and wild speculations. Who knows, maybe with Blackberry's exit from hardware design and engineering will finally see a reduction in targeted attacks and market manipulation.

In the meantime, it's all crickets and loons.......
    10-04-16 08:56 AM
    !" They cop refused to believe Saskatchewan was a legit place! He had to call it in!
    ...isn't that where bigfoots come from?

...is the plural of Bigfoot, bigfoots or bigfeet?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 09:52 AM
    ...isn't that where bigfoots come from?

...is the plural of Bigfoot, bigfoots or bigfeet?

Posted via CB10
    No, the Bigfoot (singular or plural) got pretty bored here, as there are no hills, they all moved to British Columbia. But they were still happy to have BIS while anywhere in Canada.

10-04-16 10:25 AM
    Where are the Canadians? Aren't they still in Canada?
    10-04-16 11:35 AM
    How about THIS French guy, I think he was protesting

Man walks into an Apple Store and smashes every iPhone he can find......

https://www.cnet.com/news/french-man...ashes-iphones/
    He is a one badass mother******
    10-04-16 12:54 PM

Canada is now forced to close down the 5 star quality rated Oshawa GM Buick plant and I believe they also make the Camaros in Oshawa.
    I toured that plant this spring - they lost the Camaro. Now they are building Terrains and Impalas.
    10-04-16 01:02 PM
    I think this thread has run its course.

I was quite pleased to see the level of discourse on this topic and I think most "got" what I was trying to communicate. I think most Canadians like to quietly go along and not makes waves, unfortunately to our detriment. However, I was less pleased to see some folks who used this thread to slavishly parrot the negative marketing slogans we've all seen in various publications and articles.

In my view, the recent Blackberry defence of its corporate directions and products at least shows Blackberry is standing up for itself and signaled it will take on these groups putting out this disinformation and wild speculations. Who knows, maybe with Blackberry's exit from hardware design and engineering will finally see a reduction in targeted attacks and market manipulation.

In the meantime, it's all crickets and loons.......
    Actually it is more likely that Canadians are a lot savvyier in choosing a device that suite their needs. And not subscribe to shallow patriotism. Besides BB is just leaving the smartphone space and it is going back to their main strengths namely enterprise software solutions.

Plus if you really want to support a Canadian company to grow, then it is better to actually buy their stocks.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 10-04-16 at 01:19 PM. Reason: 7
    10-04-16 01:16 PM
    I toured that plant this spring - they lost the Camaro. Now they are building Terrains and Impalas.
    Hmm ok. I wonder how long that will last though.

10-04-16 08:39 PM
    Actually it is more likely that Canadians are a lot savvyier in choosing a device that suite their needs. And not subscribe to shallow patriotism. Besides BB is just leaving the smartphone space and it is going back to their main strengths namely enterprise software solutions.

Plus if you really want to support a Canadian company to grow, then it is better to actually buy their stocks.
    I agree, but if the company is effectively excluded from the market without significant grassroots support, then buying the stock is like buying last minute seats on the Titanic.
    10-04-16 09:12 PM
163 ... 4567