I'm brand new to the whole BB thing. I just got the 8330 and I have no idea what you can all do with it. For example I had no idea about bbm until my friend showed me.

Is there anywhere at all where you can go and learn all about what this phone does and everything you can do with it? Wish there was a BB for Dummies book lol.

I feel like a moron for even asking!

Thanks!
    01-21-10 05:13 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

Check out the BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series ! This will help you with the basics such as downloading apps, themes, wallpaper, ringtones. It's also a good idea to browse the forums and read as much as possible. Many questions you have are answered there already!

Explore CrackBerry's list of free OTA apps along with CrackBerry App Store and BlackBerry App World for apps to customize your BlackBerry!
    01-21-10 05:15 PM
    Thanks. I have been browsing the forum a lot but honestly, there is almost too much information! It gets overwhelming!
    01-21-10 05:33 PM
    Yes, i know what you mean. i felt the same way when i got my first BlackBerry. Just take it one step at a time and learn little at a time. Ask questions here or search for your answer and you'll be advanced soon! The 101 Lectures are the best for beginners. That, and just play around with your BlackBerry.
    01-21-10 05:36 PM
    Is there anywhere at all where you can go and learn all about what this phone does and everything you can do with it? Wish there was a BB for Dummies book lol.
    There is
    Amazon.com: BlackBerry For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech)) (9780471757412): Robert Kao, Dante Sarigumba: Books
    01-21-10 05:41 PM
    Daisy, I left you a PM. Welcome to CB you will learn alot of things on here.

Best advice that I can give you is to read as many threads as you can. Go to a bunch of topics and follow some threads that look intresting to you.

Don't do things to your phone unless you really think you can do them. You could get your phone stuck or worse.

HOME WORK.. Do you know how to dial phone numbers like 1800BESTBUY using the letters on the key board?

Lets us know if you come up with the answer.

PS.. To all the other students in the class no cheating by giving Daisy the answer.
    01-21-10 05:47 PM
    Welcome to BB.

This place will help you alot to get the most out of your Blackberry. Plus you have the help of 2 million CB people here.

Welcome to the family, and the Phoneking has Spoken...
    01-21-10 06:53 PM
    I'm brand new to the whole BB thing. I just got the 8330 and I have no idea what you can all do with it. For example I had no idea about bbm until my friend showed me.

I feel like a moron for even asking!

Thanks!
    look no further. CB is the place.
    01-22-10 12:01 AM
    I'm a first time BB owner too. As been said before, read BlackBerry 101 and do a search on any questions you have. I think it's great that when you start a new topic, other topics with the subject pop up as if you did a search. Out of the last 4 times I had a question, I found my answer!
    01-22-10 07:46 AM
    Welcome grasshopper, you have found the sanctuary of all things blackberry. They are much wise here.
    01-22-10 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD