So seeing that my torch 9800 went dead on me i just decided to purchase a replacement mainboard. Can you direct me to anyone or any site thats selling them and please it has to be 100% working thanks. Checked ebay but didn't find any.
    06-01-12 11:56 AM
    Good luck trying to find a mainboard! It's virtually impossible unless you go to a phone shop that is carrier approved they might have a spare 9800 laying in the back for spares but honestly the mainboard is where all the imei information etc is stored onto and you can't buy one for spares if you could don't you think people would buy the parts for a 9800 and build it themselves below the price seen in retail shops?
    pepe_blackspade likes this.
    06-01-12 12:17 PM
    Try these guys but they ain't cheap.

http://www.pdarw.com/

You might be better off selling the busted one on ebay and then buying a different phone perhaps also on ebay.

There's also the possibilty that you could buy, again on ebay, another 9800 with, say, a broken screen and then play "switch the parts".
    pepe_blackspade likes this.
    06-01-12 12:29 PM
    Thanks guys! @ MysticMeg i find it so hard to part it
    06-02-12 05:55 AM
    yea main PCB's are the one part you cant fine online. best idea is do what was said and buy a used broken phone and swap them out.
    06-02-12 06:28 AM
    I agree with dictoresno, it will be much more easy to find some used "half broken" Blackberry for the a low price instead of buying a new part...
    06-02-12 08:45 AM
    most of the broken 9800 i find online have main board issues also
    06-03-12 05:12 AM
    most of the broken 9800 i find online have main board issues also
    gotta keep looking then. because you wont find a mainboard from anywhere else. thats the heart of the phone, that no aftermarket seller would make or have. its a whole different thing than parts or cases.
    06-03-12 09:42 AM
    Some parts are hard to find, it's true. That was why I suggested the link that I did http://www.pdarw.com/

These guys are professional BlackBerry repairers. They have fixed phones for me. If anyone has a main board, they will.
    06-03-12 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD