So, I am interested in getting the tour.

What's the best avenue for getting a new tour at a respectable price? Craigslist? Ebay?

Also, many of the ebay ads say "unlocked!!!".... so given that I am on Verizon, does that matter? Would an unlocked BB still work on Verizon?
    10-17-09 10:44 AM
    Well if I were you I would check the eligibility for an upgrade cuz without that discount you'll pay a pretty penny. But if you are eligible just get it thru vz
    My 0.2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 10:49 AM
    So, I am interested in getting the tour.

What's the best avenue for getting a new tour at a respectable price? Craigslist? Ebay?

Also, many of the ebay ads say "unlocked!!!".... so given that I am on Verizon, does that matter? Would an unlocked BB still work on Verizon?
    If you have to stay with verizon, then get verizon-branded tour from ebay or cg.

Make sure the esn is clean.

10-17-09 11:04 AM
    Well if I were you I would check the eligibility for an upgrade cuz without that discount you'll pay a pretty penny. But if you are eligible just get it thru vz
    My 0.2

The title of thread should tell you that he doesn't want a contract. To upgrade he would have to sign a new contract.

I avoid electronics on CG and only buy expensive electronics from those within local pick up range on eBay just in case I have to serve the a summons to small claims.
    10-17-09 11:21 AM
    Again imo.....paying for a phone full price just cuz u don't wanna sign is pretty rediculous

10-17-09 11:25 AM
    I just started a new contract with Verizon in Spring, so no shot at that kinda discount.

I'm just curious about tips for buying a no-contract phone.

I see that Tours are currently going for $275 to $350 on craigslist and ebay. They are over $400 through Verizon.
    10-17-09 11:42 AM
    Try the marketplace on this site or ebay. Many deals pop up daily. Just make sure the esn is clean and since you already have vzw, make sure it's vzw branded. I use ebay a lot and only use trusted sellers and paypal. As long as you do your research you should be ok.
    10-17-09 12:01 PM
    the marketplace on this site is a great place, second best is probably craigslist cause you can see the device in person before buying.
    10-17-09 12:03 PM
    Again imo.....paying for a phone full price just cuz u don't wanna sign is pretty rediculous

Not being held to a contract has it's advantages.
    10-17-09 01:58 PM
    the marketplace on this site is a great place, second best is probably craigslist cause you can see the device in person before buying.
    I don't know about the CG in your area, but in ours there are a lot of people selling stolen merchandise on there, so checking the ESN is a must, as it should be regardless of which site you choose to buy one from.
    10-17-09 02:01 PM
    I don't know about the CG in your area, but in ours there are a lot of people selling stolen merchandise on there, so checking the ESN is a must, as it should be regardless of which site you choose to buy one from.
    How does one check the ESN before buying a phone? And can't the seller still report it stolen after they sell it to you? I've read lots of posts like that here on CB about that.
    10-17-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD