Brand will be still alive. There will be no phone with BlackBerry name attached.

May be sooner than 5 years
    Yup but why did nokia regretit

Posted via CB10
    08-19-19 07:04 PM
    I can guarantee about a dozen fanboys on this site would buy this because it has a pkb.
    Is that another Unihertz model?
    08-19-19 07:47 PM
    Is that another Unihertz model?
    Uniplastic.
    08-19-19 07:54 PM
    I can guarantee about a dozen fanboys on this site would buy this because it has a pkb.
    @the_boon just bought three for the colors alone ....
    TgeekB likes this.
    08-19-19 07:57 PM
    I think it's officially the end of the line for Blackberry branded phones. The Optiemus experiment was a total failure . The TCL experiment has been a failure. The BB Android launcher and apps are mess that barely see updates. Security patches are always months behind and in some cases, non-existent.

I think a small market could still exist for a physical keyboard device but BlackBerry obviously isn't the one to do it anymore. Hopefully they don't sue any other company who attempts it.
    I always said, the day I purchase an iPhone, is the day Blackberry is no longer and I have no other options. If carriers are back to offering flip phone options, I can't imagine there not being some sort of physical keyboard option. Possibly Samsung? LIke their BlackJack?
    08-19-19 10:03 PM
    The main problem I see is that people seem Unable to disassociate the Brand with old fashioned company that went bust.
    They had a big uphill battle to gain new clients outside the Blackberry true fans, and didn't succeed. So, using a fresh new brandname for the niche PKB market may be the best strategy moving forward.
    What do you think?
    They should go back to "Research In Motion" as soon as possible now that the phones are finished.
    Marcieln likes this.
    08-19-19 11:25 PM
    They should go back to "Research In Motion" as soon as possible now that the phones are finished.
    Would take a monumental rebranding though.

BlackBerry Cylance, BlackBerry WorkSpaces, BlackBerry UEM, BlackBerry Radar, BlackBerry At-hoc, BlackBerry Spark, BlackBerry Connect, BlackBerry Work, BlackBerry Access, BlackBerry QNX, BlackBerry Certicom, etc.
    app_Developer likes this.
    08-19-19 11:34 PM

BlackBerry Cylance, BlackBerry WorkSpaces, BlackBerry UEM, BlackBerry Radar, BlackBerry At-hoc, BlackBerry Spark, BlackBerry Connect, BlackBerry Work, BlackBerry Access, BlackBerry QNX, BlackBerry Certicom, etc.
    In my opinion, the stock price would likely be higher under a different name. Seems like a worthy pursuit.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-19-19 11:46 PM

At this point it would be easier to try to detach the name BlackBerry from phone hardware than to rebrand all of those. Letting the license experiment die off and putting BlackBerry phone hardware in the same train of thought as rotary dials and payphones would help in that regard.
    08-20-19 06:46 AM
    I believe BlackBerry will fully commit itself to software and security. They would not be licenced out to produce hardware anymore.

The Key3 will be the final chapter of BlackBerry devices. They had a hell of a run but the time has come.

Of course this is just my analysis.
    08-20-19 08:01 AM
    I believe BlackBerry will fully commit itself to software and security. They would not be licenced out to produce hardware anymore.

The Key3 will be the final chapter of BlackBerry devices. They had a hell of a run but the time has come.

I’m skeptical if there will be anymore devices. I’m beginning to believe imposed tariffs may be having larger effect than initially considered.
    08-20-19 08:19 AM

I think we're making it out to be more complex than it is.

BlackBerry will continue to do it if it's sufficiently profitable, and will stop doing it if it isn't. I believe it's that simple.
    ppeters914 and Marcieln like this.
    08-20-19 08:19 AM
    I’m beginning to believe imposed tariffs may be having larger effect than initially considered.
    Really? It almost took me out of business! It's affecting everyone everywhere, believe me.
    08-20-19 09:28 AM
    In 5 years when Tim Cook is pushing a walker and being spoon fed apple sauce while contemplating final things, and Google is eating its tail, BlackBerry will still be BlackBerry.

I know I know...a Bold prediction, that's likely to raise a Storm, but that's straight from the Playbook, with no Leap of Faith quite yet. Will it be the Passport to finer things in Classic style? I Dtek that maybe it will. While I am not Priv-ey to such things...There you have it, from A-Z30. Now do we have time for Q10's & Answers? Let the Spark(s) fly.
    Well played, sir, well played. At least you didn't throw us a Curve...not our Style. That would have been a Pearl to treasure.
    08-20-19 11:17 AM
    Really? It almost took me out of business! It's affecting everyone everywhere, believe me.
    I can only imagine. We're seeing it with some leather products coming from China and India but it's not as noticeable for us overall. I'm sure over time, we'll feel it more too.
    08-20-19 12:53 PM
    bold type phone running android
    08-20-19 01:50 PM
    bold type phone running android
    08-20-19 02:01 PM
    Just saw this, perhaps old news to others...

https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/08/2...isplay-at-ifa/
    08-20-19 02:13 PM
    Just saw this, perhaps old news to others...

https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/08/2...isplay-at-ifa/
    Someone should ask them about BlackBerry Mobile at IFA
    08-20-19 02:20 PM
    Someone should ask them about BlackBerry Mobile at IFA
    I'm sure it will come up.
    08-20-19 02:23 PM
    I'm sure it will come up.
    Yes, hopefully we will hear good or bad news soon.
    I just want this to be settled.
    I don't remember exactly, but was the Key2 LE released at the IFA last year?
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-20-19 02:28 PM
    Yes, hopefully we will hear good or bad news soon.
    I just want this to be settled.
    I don't remember exactly, but was the Key2 LE released at the IFA last year?
    Indeed it was.
    08-20-19 02:44 PM
    Well played, sir, well played. At least you didn't throw us a Curve...not our Style. That would have been a Pearl to treasure.
    I didn't want to overdo it, lest they come after me with a mob holding Torches.
    Laura Knotek and john_v like this.
    08-20-19 03:02 PM
    I didn't want to overdo it, lest they come after me with a mob holding Torches.
    I’m picturing a crowd, 8700 strong, threatening you, but I didn’t want to be DTEK about it....

That’s all I got folks... y’all didn’t leave me anything else...
    john_v and i_plod_an_dr_void like this.
    08-20-19 03:11 PM
    I’m picturing a crowd, 8700 strong, threatening you, but I didn’t want to be DTEK about it....

That’s all I got folks... y’all didn’t leave me anything else...
    Man, I catch a few Zs for 10 minutes, and look what hapoens!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    john_v and i_plod_an_dr_void like this.
    08-20-19 03:56 PM
141 12345 ...