In the wake of this Whatsapp BS, It's time to revive BBM lol. I mean After all Chen is about software so he should be smart enough and take a chance in the messager game they did rule that space once.

I will Not be agreeing to the terms on Whatsapp and will have the account deleted (which they probably won't do)

Thoughts on this whole Whatsapp vs Signal privacy thing? I think us BlackBerry users saw this move coming a lonnnng time ago. Too bad BBM couldn't hold on.
    I personally liked the $1 a year subscription from old Whatsapp. (My privacy is definitely worth a $1)
    $1 a year X 1 Billion users thats enough to run a company and still make a decent profit. No?
    Zuck gets his high off Ads lol.

Question and rant done ha
    01-11-21 04:19 PM
    In the wake of this Whatsapp BS, It's time to revive BBM lol. I mean After all Chen is about software so he should be smart enough and take a chance in the messager game they did rule that space once.

I will Not be agreeing to the terms on Whatsapp and will have the account deleted (which they probably won't do)

Thoughts on this whole Whatsapp vs Signal privacy thing? I think us BlackBerry users saw this move coming a lonnnng time ago. Too bad BBM couldn't hold on.
    I personally liked the $1 a year subscription from old Whatsapp. (My privacy is definitely worth a $1)
    $1 a year X 1 Billion users thats enough to run a company and still make a decent profit. No?
    Zuck gets his high off Ads lol.

Question and rant done ha
    /general-blackberry-news-discussion-rumors-f2/updating-bb-10-a-1189280/
    01-11-21 04:40 PM
    Yes BBM could have been something under the right leadership.... really no reason that WhatsApp and Signal even exist, other than BlackBerry dropped the ball.

But BlackBerry wasn't all that well known for keeping you BBMs private.... a court order or was all it took and they'd share. Because BBM wasn't fully encrypted or private. As many found out. Now today's product is better, but by then it was too late.

Signal is the way to go right now.
    Jonathank likes this.
    01-11-21 04:40 PM