ha people thought BB were not gonna filter apps as we can see they werent joking.They were never gonna collect apps then just release them in the store.Their app control is tight there's plenty apps we know have been made but their not available in store.

Overall the app situation is nothing but a rocky road with BB and BB users begging for apps to be built.
    02-07-13 12:02 PM
    Give it a while, sometimes we want quality, not quantity.

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    02-07-13 12:05 PM
    ha people thought BB were not gonna filter apps as we can see they werent joking.They were never gonna collect apps then just release them in the store.Their app control is tight there's plenty apps we know have been made but their not available in store.

Overall the app situation is nothing but a rocky road with BB and BB users begging for apps to be built.
    Have you seen some of the crap in app world? Their filter must be severely broken.
    02-07-13 12:13 PM
    if you are looking for sideloading I have a thread here that can help
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ml#post7948661

there are a lot of top apps that are confirmed as working
    02-07-13 01:04 PM
    Wow. The Android brigade is out in force.

Android is based on Java -- so dangerous that the US government is encouraging users to simply disable and uninstall it. Apple has updated its OS to uninstall it.

But that's FUD! Apple and the US government are conspiring against Android!

And the largest security firms have pointed out that Android is a dangerous, buggy mess loaded with malware and security risks galore... but it is all a conspiracy!

All of us who have had trouble with Android should list every malware app we've identified personally... because the Android Fan Brigade is more adept at dissecting and analyzing malware than Kapersky or Trend Micro.

This is pure tech comedy.
    02-07-13 09:59 PM

Android is based on Java -- so dangerous that the US government is encouraging users to simply disable and uninstall it. Apple has updated its OS to uninstall it.

And the largest security firms have pointed out that Android is a dangerous, buggy mess loaded with malware and security risks galore... but it is all a conspiracy!

All of us who have had trouble with Android should list every malware app we've identified personally... because the Android Fan Brigade is more adept at dissecting and analyzing malware than Kapersky or Trend Micro.

We're not asking everyone to list their malware apps. Just you. Seeing as you're the one who has done extensive troubleshooting with 2/3rds of your friends Androids, and helped narrow one particular game down to being malicious. So which apps were these again?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    02-07-13 10:07 PM
    02-07-13 11:06 PM

Isn't BlackBerry legacy OS, considered one of, if not the, most secure OSes, based on Java?
    Tech comedy indeed.
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-08-13 03:59 AM
    02-08-13 04:17 AM
    How the heck did this turn into a discussion of malware on Android phones?
    02-08-13 05:20 AM
    We're not asking everyone to list their malware apps. Just you. Seeing as you're the one who has done extensive troubleshooting with 2/3rds of your friends Androids, and helped narrow one particular game down to being malicious. So which apps were these again?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    And the dance continues.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    02-08-13 06:57 AM
    That post has been reposted 4 times by the same troll who keeps getting banned and re-registering to repost the same thing over and over.

Don't expect an answer.

mikeo007 and Rickroller like this.
    02-08-13 07:01 AM
    I don't believe those are the apps or type of apps that this thread was originally speaking about. Somehow, the thread had deflected the original intent so as not to answer the question. I am waiting until US launch to see if things have improved, not only with apps, but also with being to access my push Gmail. We shall see.
    02-08-13 07:35 AM
    That is not a solution. It's like saying - Sideload apps or live without apps.

This concerns me -

MX player - No 5 on Google Play
    Permission problem - Close other apps
    Allows the app to end background processes of other apps. This may cause other apps to stop running.

No app can do this in BB10.
    Unless you understand how the app works, then listing what it's permissions are is moot. In the case of MX Player, you simply cannot have 2 music players running, so if one is, and MX Player wants to run (because you selected it), it needs to close the other one.

And ALL of your examples are nowhere near Malware examples. There is absolutely nothing there that shows mis-intent or that there has actually been harm done. Do you honestly think something would be #5 in the Google Play list if it was doing random things and spamming people? Do you know how many people have downloaded that app and tried it out or use it on a regular basis (me being one of them, for the last 2 years)? You need to post PROOF of malware, not what you think may be "suspicious".
    TgeekB and reeneebob like this.
    02-08-13 08:19 AM
    Unless you understand how the app works, then listing what it's permissions are is moot. In the case of MX Player, you simply cannot have 2 music players running, so if one is, and MX Player wants to run (because you selected it), it needs to close the other one.

And ALL of your examples are nowhere near Malware examples. There is absolutely nothing there that shows mis-intent or that there has actually been harm done. Do you honestly think something would be #5 in the Google Play list if it was doing random things and spamming people? Do you know how many people have downloaded that app and tried it out or use it on a regular basis (me being one of them, for the last 2 years)? You need to post PROOF of malware, not what you think may be "suspicious".
    Exactly.

I wasn't even going to touch on this, as I think it would be a bit confusing. MX plays video too, IIRC. So he permission actually makes sense if one thinks about it.
    reeneebob likes this.
    02-08-13 08:23 AM
    you guys make me laugh. what has cb turned into?
    A haven for curiously named newbies, perhaps? LOL.

Welcome... again.
    reeneebob likes this.
    02-08-13 08:30 AM
    I don't know a lot about BB10, but are you saying that it can run 2 different music players at the same time? What is your definition of multitask? On my Nexus 4, I can listen to a podcast, browse FB, download an app and receive notifications at the same time. That's multitasking enough in my book
    02-08-13 08:36 AM
    I don't know a lot about BB10, but are you saying that it can run 2 different music players at the same time? What is your definition of multitask? On my Nexus 4, I can listen to a podcast, browse FB, download an app and receive notifications at the same time. That's multitasking enough in my book
    Someone posted in an earlier thread that you can run FIVE videos at the same time, IIRC LOL.
    02-08-13 08:39 AM
    I guess the responsible thing to do, regardless of those who want to , uh, teach us about mobile evolution, is to try to talk about the topic at hand.

We all can agree that BBRY is trying to solve the app issue, can we not?
    02-08-13 08:42 AM
    As for Zedge app (which you had listed at #20), it has been downloaded over 50 million times, and is one of Cnets top ranked apps. As for the permissions, this is right from the Play Store:
    Your Personal Information
    Read Contact Data and Write Contact Data
    We need these permissions in order to set contact ringtones in the app. Without this, it's impossible to offer the "set as configured ringtone" feature which many of you appreciate. We DO NOT read, transfer,store, or use any of your personal infromation or contact data. This permission has always been required-we did not add it recently.

So again, without understanding why apps work, please don't bother with your lame attempts at fear mongering. Perhaps you should focus your attentions on KNOWN spam apps such as those produced for Blackberry's by JaredCo.
    raysgrumpy, reeneebob and TgeekB like this.
    02-08-13 08:46 AM
    How the heck did this turn into a discussion of malware on Android phones?
    I think someone *cough* brmiller76 *cough* left his tinfoil hat on too long..
    reeneebob likes this.
    02-08-13 08:49 AM
    I'm sure the mods love having to re ban the same person over and over again.

Someone has too much free time on their hands.

Rickroller likes this.
    02-08-13 08:51 AM
    I'm sure the mods love having to re ban the same person over and over again.

Someone has too much free time on their hands.

I know it would be unethical, but if I were moderating a forum where some tool constantly wasted my time like that, I would accidentally post their IP address...
    Rickroller and reeneebob like this.
    02-08-13 08:58 AM
123 ... 345