Had the z10 since the outset, had BlackBerry long before that, curve, torch storm etc, been with BlackBerry for ever and always loved it for running my business. OS10 is the best ever for workflow. Already bought a replacement Z10 handset to keep going!

I've been out of contract for over a year waiting, watching to see what's happening with OS10 and seems all the signs are it will die off (from what i see this chen fellow can't give straight answers and thus can't be trusted) . So what next? Privoid? Is the hub any good? Windows 10? ( my office runs W10).

I want a phone that runs a business - not that bothered about the fun stuff other than Twitter, Facebook etc.

What's the thoughts? Cheers folks!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 01:35 PM
    I recommend a Passport.
    04-03-16 04:54 PM
    Thanks Denise. You think BB10 has enough life left to recommend another device?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 05:27 PM
    BB10 OS will last, nothing wrong with it. There are people still using BBOS 5,6,7 with no problems.
    04-03-16 05:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Having 'enough life' is quite relative.
    For me it does because I know that my Passport SE with its specs and the apps I need on this particular device will still fulfill my needs for Atleast 1-2 years.
    Besides BB10 in my eyes is totally reliable and fast as I'm using my device for work & business related stuff.
    Furthermore I'd recommend you the PP aswell.
    I really love the design, built quality and especially the functionality of the keyboard and the pkb itself.

Posted via my Q10, 10.2.3.2836
    04-03-16 05:39 PM
    If you want something priced reasonably with a similar form factor, maybe check out an iPhone SE.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 08:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    I will definitely keep using my Passport for another year. It is much smoother than the Z10, so if you want the BB10 experience, its a great device.
    04-03-16 08:45 PM
    If you want something priced reasonably with a similar form factor, maybe check out an iPhone SE.

Posted via CB10
    The screen on the Passport is much larger than the iPhone se.
    04-03-16 08:46 PM
    The Passport is on sale right now ...

If you need 'same again' but with a slightly bigger screen, then a Leap would be okay. It's still less than half the price of the Passport, even with the Passport being on sale.
    04-03-16 09:02 PM
    The Passport SE will give you the BlackBerry 10 experience of the Z10 but better. That's my next move. But there's always a z30 on Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 09:19 PM
    I would recommend either the z30 or passport. I have both but prefer the passport, miss the keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 04:03 AM
    I was in the same boat as you, long time BlackBerry user and had an aging Z10. I picked up a Passport last month and I'm loving it! I missed the physical keyboard and it's so much faster and smoother than my Z10 was. I'm holding out on going to another OS for as long as I can. Despite the lack of apps (which the browser compensates for most of the time) I feel BB10 is the best OS out there. Might as well go for the best device BlackBerry has made so far.. that was my thinking at least!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 08:46 AM
    The only issue you may have moving to the Passport is the physical size. I own a Z10, Z30, Passport and Classic. All are very good in each respective way. The device that gets my SIM however is the Classic. For me it's form factor, track pad, tool belt and PHENOMENAL keyboard help me with our business and personal needs. Forget any naysayers about the chip. The Classic works very well for its purpose. (if you are a full touch person I would recommend a new battery and maybe a refresh of your OS on the Z10- to date still a great device)

Z10 on 10.3.2
    04-04-16 08:59 AM
    Had the z10 since the outset, had BlackBerry long before that, curve, torch storm etc, been with BlackBerry for ever and always loved it for running my business. OS10 is the best ever for workflow. Already bought a replacement Z10 handset to keep going!

I've been out of contract for over a year waiting, watching to see what's happening with OS10 and seems all the signs are it will die off (from what i see this chen fellow can't give straight answers and thus can't be trusted) . So what next? Privoid? Is the hub any good? Windows 10? ( my office runs W10).

I want a phone that runs a business - not that bothered about the fun stuff other than Twitter, Facebook etc.

What's the thoughts? Cheers folks!

Posted via CB10
    You don't need to buy anything. The Z10 will keep on ticking for a long time.

The only thing I recommend is the extended back cover battery for the Z10. I could not use that phone with the standard battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 10:05 AM