Wheneevr I'm typing a text, it scrolls back a few characters some times, and idk if maybe my thumb touches the track pad a little but when I'm typing on the top row? Idk.
    Does anyone know a fix for this?
    Pm or email: [email protected]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 06:38 AM
    I found strange behaviors like this if I'm scrolling around with the trackpad and go outside of the editable text area, like below the last line of text. The cursor shows up at the end of the text, but the actual insertion point seems to be the last position before I scrolled away.

Two things I do to avoid this:
    1 - Enter a few blank lines and some blanks first, then scroll up to the first one to start typing. This gives me a 'buffer' area in case I'm editing text an happen to click outside of the text area.
    2 - If I have been moving the cursor around, I make sure to click right at the end of the last text line to resume typing. This isn't always easy, depending on what you've got your trackball sensitivity set to, which is why I try to remember to do the blank line thing first.

Hope this helps ...
    03-02-11 06:47 AM
    2 Torches and one 9700 i owned eventually got bad trackpads. they ended up wandering around on their own. this included scrolling and when trying to type. sounds like this is the issue here. it is hardware related. if it gets worse, call at&t for a warranty replacement.
    03-02-11 06:57 AM
    I can't get a warranty replacement because I sold my torch + cash on here for this phone ( curve 3G ) and I've changed the housing so maybe ill just order a new track pad.
    Thank you both so much for the help!

03-02-11 07:37 AM
    i replaced the trackpad on my 9700 myself, the issue was fixed. for my Torch, it was still under warranty, so i replaced it. fixing it yourself should be cheap and easy.
    03-02-11 07:38 AM
    Yeah I have taken apart all of my phones so far so I'm familiar with them

03-02-11 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD